SBBC: Diablo Sandwich and a Dr. Pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw them in concert, they are awesome live
Yup, saw them play at my college in maybe 2010 and they were fuckin tremendous live. You could tell they still loved the songs and they weren't going through the motions. Always loved them but that show gave me a new sort of respect for them

Nebraska just might be the most flyover state possible.
gotta be Kansas.

plus one time I was flying home to Cali from San Antonio and, after what seemed like two hours, I asked the hostess in First Class what state we were flying over and she said, "Oh, this is still Texas...you know what they say!"

cheeky bitch.

Last edited:
74db0d722fa79f818b7f4a49247ba875.gif

Nebraska just might be the most flyover state possible.

I don't know about that, Kansas is pretty bad. I've only driven across the US (and back) once and that I-70 gauntlet run through nothing that is Kansas, is pretty bad.

We stopped at the USOTC on our way to Arizona (many years ago), so that took us through Indianapolis and then a straight shot across on I-70. After making our way through the post-apocalyptic region known as St. Louis, we hit Kansas -- a shockingly sparse and very flat.

After you leave last signs of humanity in Kansas City, you've got 7hrs of driving straight (no steering wheel required) other than a ring road around Topeka.

gotta be Kansas.

plus one time I was flying home to Cali from San Antonio and, after what seemed like two hours, I asked the hostess in First Class what state we were flying over and she said, "Oh, this is still Texas...you know what they say!"

cheeky bitch.

this^^^.

I was going to say something like this. Once you get out of the major cities, Texas is shockingly podunk and barren.

It was a blast.

Bride was from cash money, player.

<8>

I'm afraid to ask what is defined as "cash money" in Kansas.

Maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions, I know some money managers in New Jersey that hop on a plane to meet 3 billionaires in kansas in one city. They're even incredulous that there are three billionaires in the entire state, let alone one city.

Last edited:
I'm afraid to ask what is defined as "cash money" in Kansas.

Maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions, I know some money managers in New Jersey that hope on a plane to meet 3 billionaires in kansas in one city. Their even incredulous that are three billionaires in the entire state, let alone one city.

Most of Kansas City is actually in Missouri, and I live on the Missouri side.

And the bride was born and raised in Nebraska.

You didnt really follow the plot, but hey, you never miss the opportunity to be a condescending cunt, amirite?

Lmao @ streetz white knighting nebraska

Im not white-knighting anything. I wrote that I went to a wedding in Nebraska and it was fun- which it was, in part because the bride's family comes from money.

Then TRD uses my post to tell an anecdote that had nothing to do with that post, while being smarmy about it.

And now Im the asshole? Okay.

Most of Kansas City is actually in Missouri, and I live on the Missouri side.

And the bride was born and raised in Nebraska.

You didnt really follow the plot, but hey, you never miss the opportunity to be a condescending cunt, amirite?

TBF - I think you missed my point, which was to question myself and my assumption.

Im not white-knighting anything. I wrote that I went to a wedding in Nebraska and it was fun- which it was, in part because the bride's family comes from money.

Then TRD uses my post to tell an anecdote that had nothing to do with that post, while being smarmy about it.

And now Im the asshole? Okay.

Damn, hump-day be tough on you. Relax - it's all good -- I mixed up Kansas and Nebraska ... jayhawks and Huskers.

TBF - I think you missed my point, which was to question myself and my assumption.

Damn, hump-day be tough on you. Relax - it's all good -- I mixed up Kansas and Nebraska ... jayhawks and Huskers.

Im good now. My quarterly freakout is over. Thanks for not escalating.

The rage has subsided. Caffeine has been consumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back