Roger Gracie "Weidman can submit any world-class grappler. He can tap anyone,even me"

That's fair bias, though - Gracie-trained fighters generally know their subs :)

Oh please. There is no bias. I will prove it!
Why would Roger still pick Anderson to beat Weidman when he was asked? If there was bias or the "renzo" connection all you Silva fan boys keep saying then why would Roger pick Anderson to beat a fellow "renzo/Serra guy? You guys cant answer that one. You fanboys will reach for anything.

You cant have it both ways. If your counter to Rogers statement is they have the Serra/Renzo connection thats why he is praising Weidman then why in the same breath did Roger say he would still pick Silva to win? Why would he pick against his fellow "renzo" conection guy? Cant have it both ways.

For the people talking about bias towards Weidman. Haven't Roger trained at black house? I know he has trained with Machida at least.

Roger is a black house fighter and trains with all of them. He's just a super honest guy and was doing an interview. Roger is about as dry of a personality as their is. He doesn't hype things up or play them down. He just talks very plainly. If that's what he said than that's what he means.

I see this fight looking more like silva cheal 2

I hope not.

images

images

images

Toney was tapping guys in training before couture aswell.

lol.

On topic, I'm inclined to believe it when Roger says Weidman is that good. How much good it will do in a fight with Anderson...we'll see.

Oh please. There is no bias. I will prove it!
Why would Roger still pick Anderson to beat Weidman when he was asked? If there was bias or the "renzo" connection all you Silva fan boys keep saying then why would Roger pick Anderson to beat a fellow "renzo/Serra guy? You guys cant answer that one. You fanboys will reach for anything.

You cant have it both ways. If your counter to Rogers statement is they have the Serra/Renzo connection thats why he is praising Weidman then why in the same breath did Roger say he would still pick Silva to win? Why would he pick against his fellow "renzo" conection guy? Cant have it both ways.

You do realize I was kidding with the other poster with my comment, yes?

I don't think Weidman will go for a spinning back fist.

You never know. This is Anderson silva the matrix, fighters do desperate things to try and land wind on him. Chris can get frustrated and just start windmilling it

I'm sure he is, but he is biased and I'm going to take what he says with a pinch of salt.

For the record, I don't doubt Weidman being a great grappler. It's however possibly a bad sign when your training partners feel the need to hype you.

Bias? Roger picked Anderson to win. You Anderson fanboys cant have it both ways. I'll tell you just like the other fan boys who are claiming sore sort of bias.

If your counter to Rogers statement is they have the Serra/Renzo connection thats why he is praising Weidman then why in the same breath did Roger say he would still pick Silva to win? Why would he pick against his fellow "renzo" conection guy? Cant have it both ways. Just another reach by Silva fanboys to discredit what another fighter says about Weidman. This Anderson fanbase is amazing in the lenghts they will go. In fact Roger fights out of team blackhouse, so he's Andersons teammate.

Last edited:
Weidman has definitely trained with the Gracie family, for sure. I'm not sure if he trained specifically with Roger, but it WOULD make sense since they're on the same card.

Isn't Serra's camp linked to one of the Gracies? Or am I way off?

Really not much bias here. Weidman is a Gracie fighter, but Roger trains with Blackhouse. Basically what most people have been saying. Weidman is better on the ground, but they expect Silva to win.

Thanks for the link. That is some surprising words out of Roger Gracie's mouth and makes me wonder how good Weidman will do against Silva.

Hopefully not stunned by a headbutt in the face and than get KTFO as a result.

Yes. I'm still bitter.

Yeah my coach and I were both pretty disappointed the day after that night man. We got each other excited for it the night before and then the way it ended... blah...

Are people really unaware about the fact that Weidman is a much better grappler than Anderson? Rogan repeating "high level black belt" and "dangerous off his back" has really done its thing.

Then Mo failed his piss test. I don't even count that loss against Roger.

It's not like it has much to do with topic, but he failed piss test against Larkin, not Roger.

For the people talking about bias towards Weidman. Haven't Roger trained at black house? I know he has trained with Machida at least.

Yes he has, plenty of times. Infact Roger is teammates with Anderson as he is now a member of team blackhouse. This is the part the Anderson fanboy fools leave out. If nything Roger is neutral in this. In fact he even picked Anderson to win if he had to pick. If there was training partner bias why in the same breath would he say if he had to choose who wins he would still pick Anderson?

Keep reaching fanboys. Worse then Fedors fanbase.

Last edited:
Lol one guy whose hype hasn't panned out hyping up the latest flavor of the month.

I remember back when everyone talked about "Roger" like he was going to be the next Rickson.

Anderson by whatever he wants. I seriously don't think this fight will even be competitive. It won't go to the ground, and Anderson will blow him up on the feet.

Back