Roger Gracie "Weidman can submit any world-class grappler. He can tap anyone,even me"

Anyone can be submitted. I could submit Roger Gracie with ease...if he was tied down...and unconscious.

I see Weidman winning the ground game. SIlva will try to keep it standing and pick him apart. This fight is good. Hopefully Weidman doesn't get caught while trying to shoot in on Silva's legs for a single!

I don't think Chris can submit Roger, but his grappling is indeed very strong.

Do they work out together or something?

Weidman has definitely trained with the Gracie family, for sure. I'm not sure if he trained specifically with Roger, but it WOULD make sense since they're on the same card.

Anderson's grappling is ok, Weidman's is much better and will have his way with Anderson on the ground.

This will look like the Takase fight.

Weidman has definitely trained with the Gracie family, for sure. I'm not sure if he trained specifically with Roger, but it WOULD make sense since they're on the same card.
Roger is a Renzo Gracie black belt, just like GSP is. Weidman is a Renzo Gracie brown belt.

There's some bias, but whatever.

Ah, yes. It makes sense then.

I'm sure he's an outstanding grappler, but we've heard the same about most fighters.

People respect Roger. People accept Weidmans grappling credentials. People try to find motivation behind Roger praising Weidmans skillset.... GSP, Frankie Edgar and Roger Gracie all have said good things about Chris Weidman and seeing as I have never reached the pinnacle of the sport I am inclined to listen to what they say.

Its almost like Dana payed fighters to play up the fight....

roger is very humble, but I do think weidman can tap anyone in the world, he is a grappler prodigy...

It does indeed speak volumes that he sees Weidman as a significant threat to Silva in that department. Roger's opinion is about as valid a source as it gets in regards to assessing grappling threats.

I also like how Roger understands how even he becomes vulnerable to guys like Weidman who blend subs well with the other aspects of MMA. Such acknowledgments will certainly help him improve his own MMA game.

Roger is a Renzo Gracie black belt, just like GSP is. Weidman is a Renzo Gracie brown belt.

There's some bias, but whatever.

That's fair bias, though - Gracie-trained fighters generally know their subs :)

yawn1.gif

They can't be that close, as Roger still picks Andy to win

Yes in Renzo gym but he isn't saying any lie, the guy is a great grappler.

I'm sure he is, but he is biased and I'm going to take what he says with a pinch of salt.

For the record, I don't doubt Weidman being a great grappler. It's however possibly a bad sign when your training partners feel the need to hype you.

Back