Roger Gracie "Weidman can submit any world-class grappler. He can tap anyone,even me"

But Sherdoggers told me Anderson has a BLACK belt while Weidman recently had a PURPLE belt. Weidman has no chance. That is nearly TWO belt levels above!

And who is this Roger guy? I'm guessing he is a blue belt because Weidman can tap him. So who cares what some blue belt says lol

Anyway, on a serious note, will be rooting for Roger and Weidman. Big fans of both and I'm definitely excited to see both on the same card. Very curious to see what Roger's gameplan will be on fight night.

Anyway, on a serious note, will be rooting for Roger and Weidman. Big fans of both and I'm definitely excited to see both on the same card. Very curious to see what Roger's gameplan will be on fight night.
Hopefully not stunned by a headbutt in the face and than get KTFO as a result.

Yes. I'm still bitter.

Its almost like Dana payed fighters to play up the fight....

It wouldn't surprise me and i don't blame him. It seems to be working, look at all the threads and traffic here alone.

Roger is a Renzo Gracie black belt, just like GSP is. Weidman is a Renzo Gracie brown belt.

There's some bias, but whatever.

Roger is not a Renzo Gracie BB, Carlos Gracie JR gave Roger is BB.

Hopefully not stunned by a headbutt in the face and than get KTFO as a result.

Yes. I'm still bitter.

Then Mo failed his piss test. I don't even count that loss against Roger.

People will look at this quote and scuff at it.

It will be a mistake you will see Weidman is the real deal when it comes to grappling. If he gets Anderson down he can win even Chael was able to mount Anderson in their rematch.I have no doubt if Weidman gets the takedown he can threaten Silva with his top game. Weidman is not only skilled in his grappling but also confident. He nearly performed a mounted Guillotine on Damien Maia.

Roger is not a Renzo Gracie BB, Carlos Gracie JR gave Roger is BB.
Hmm, BJJ Heroes agrees with what you're saying but wiki says this: "Roger was awarded his black belt by his cousin Renzo Gracie at the behest of Carlos Gracie, Jr. whilst training in New York in 2003."

I'm not sure which right, I was always under the impression he got it from Renzo. Either way, Roger has always been close with Renzo.

Weidman has definitely trained with the Gracie family, for sure. I'm not sure if he trained specifically with Roger, but it WOULD make sense since they're on the same card.

Roger Gracie also has trained with Andersons team. He was training with Machida for a couple of his fights.

Anderson's grappling is ok, Weidman's is much better and will have his way with Anderson on the ground.

This will look like the Takase fight.

I see this fight looking more like silva cheal 2

I'm sure he is, but he is biased and I'm going to take what he says with a pinch of salt.

For the record, I don't doubt Weidman being a great grappler. It's however possibly a bad sign when your training partners feel the need to hype you.

why would it be a bad sign that your training partners speak highly of you?

That's quite the statement. Talk about Chris' skills coming from people like GSP, Roger, Rashad, and Gray really hypes this whole fight up for me. Joe Rogan says Weidman is the perfect guy to beat him too, but we all know how much Joe hypes these fights up. He even said shit like this when Anderson was fighting Bonnar. If Anderson destroys him in two rounds or less and Weidman doesn't even land a takedown, I'm gonna be really disappointed.

Toney was tapping guys in training before couture aswell.

This Weidman hype train coming from all the fighters is so fucking annoying.

UFC marketing team should get a pat on the back for this one.

For the people talking about bias towards Weidman. Haven't Roger trained at black house? I know he has trained with Machida at least.

Back