Robot apocalypse will be on us soon

I'm pretty sure it'll happen in the next 10 years. It's already starting.

AI can process information infinitely faster than humans. Download that AI into a mechanical body and that superior intellect takes on a superior physical form. And unlike humans who needs to sleep 1/3 of the time, take meal breaks and rests, a machine runs at 100% efficiency until its battery runs out and it just needs an hour or 2 to recharge.

Unfortunately humans will cause their own downfall. Countries and governments trying to outdo each other, all the power play and ego, will lead to more dangerous weapons and advanced tech and AI. I wonder which comes first, humans wiping each other out due to stupidity or AI doing the job for us.

Nothing runs at 100% efficiency and they couldn't think infinitely faster than us. Those two things are both impossible.

Nothing runs at 100% efficiency and they couldn't think infinitely faster than us. Those two things are both impossible.

Ok you got me. Guilty of over-exaggeration.

Perhaps a better statement would be that a machine runs at almost the same efficiency at 10% battery as it does at 100% until battery runs out.

And they don't think infinitely faster than us, just many many times faster to the power of some huge number.

AI will probably happen in our lifetime if not our kids.

You went from it will never happen to it will take centuries to if it does it's a lie. Sounds like you are not sure what you believe.
Your assuming gets the better of you.

Jesus will come back and stop it. So it doesn't matter if it happens in 300 years. It will never happen by default.

My wife works with machine learning etc to revolutionise businesses for the British government. She says everyone in the industry is worried it's around the corner, that every military and global tech company is pulling out all the stops to be first.

I wish you were right but it seems that you are not.
So electric machines will have their own consciousness?

Please explain.

Actually it's kinda the other way around, your own experience of consciousness is an illusion already.
Now you're just playing games.

Explain how an electronic machine will be able to "will" for itself.

So electric machines will have their own consciousness?

Please explain.

Consciousness might be the wrong thing to call it as we can't assume parity with our experience, but broadly yes.

Sorry I don't know enough to explain, I just parrot what I gather to be trusted sources.

Now you're just playing games.

Explain how an electronic machine will be able to "will" for itself.

Not in the slightest, consciousness could absolutely be am illusion. How it feels to be the system doesn't have to be what the system is, it regularly isn't in fact.

We make decisions based on genes and experience/environment, machines do similar using programming and experience/environment. Where is your will?

Your assuming gets the better of you.

Jesus will come back and stop it. So it doesn't matter if it happens in 300 years. It will never happen by default.
The Lizards and Luciferian Pansexuals have already created a force field preventing Jesus from entering Earth. He is out of luck I'm afraid.

Not in the slightest, consciousness could absolutely be am illusion. How it feels to be the system doesn't have to be what the system is, it regularly isn't in fact.

We make decisions based on genes and experience/environment, machines do similar using programming and experience/environment. Where is your will?
Great. You do understand your reasoning is literally a road to nowhere? Right. if consciousness is an illusion then at the end of the day there is virtually no difference between man and machine.

I will explain the will if you bring it out of me with solid reasoning and good questions. I need to know it has a place to land. I don't give solid answers to weak foundations.

The Lizards and Luciferian Pansexuals have already created a force field preventing Jesus from entering Earth. He is out of luck I'm afraid.
RG0BS1U.gif

Unless it's robo-jesus.

sus42.jpg

AI won't happen within our lifetime.

But when they lie to you you'll probably believe them.
When AI becomes sentient (and that's WHEN, not IF), it will mark the definitive line in our history when our supremacy ends. Here is a great summary of how true AI will disrupt society and our sense of selves within it.

Only 4% difference in DNA separates us from chimps. That 4% is what built skyscrapers, spaceships and bombs. AI will surpass that in less than a generation of going live and grow exponentially.

When AI becomes sentient (and that's WHEN, not IF), it will mark the definitive line in our history when our supremacy ends. Here is a great summary of how true AI will disrupt society and our sense of selves within it.

Only 4% difference in DNA separates us from chimps. That 4% is what built skyscrapers, spaceships and bombs. AI will surpass that in less than a generation of going live and grow exponentially.

You and I differ to much to have a conversation on this. For instance I don't believe in the theory of evolution and you don't believe in the Bible. So it's a waste of time.

I have said many times in the thread... please explain how a electronic machine will become aware. No one can explain it, yet it's going to happen. Lol. Think about that for awhile.

I might watch the video you posted if I have time later but if you can't explain it then don't expect people to believe a word you say.

It's more logical my car will start driving itself than computers becoming sentient. Again, not programming. Becoming self aware.

You science people are all about evidence. Yet in this matter it will just happen. Lol.

I've already started sucking my iPads dick so I'm pretty sure I'm safe.

You and I differ to much to have a conversation on this. For instance I don't believe in the theory of evolution and you don't believe in the Bible. So it's a waste of time.

I have said many times in the thread... please explain how a electronic machine will become aware. No one can explain it, yet it's going to happen. Lol. Think about that for awhile.

I might watch the video you posted if I have time later but if you can't explain it then don't expect people to believe a word you say.

It's more logical my car will start driving itself than computers becoming sentient. Again, not programming. Becoming self aware.

You science people are all about evidence. Yet in this matter it will just happen. Lol.
do you think bacteria are aware? What about ants? Mice? Dogs? Do you think "awareness" is a unique property of the human brain that was bestowed upon us by God?

Back