Robot apocalypse will be on us soon

I'd be more worried about these things replacing low level workers like warehouse staff. I bet Jeff Bezos started drooling when he saw this vid

Flippy
Miso_Robotics_Flippy_Robot_flips_burgers_like_it_s_its_job.gif

I'm all for this if it ever becomes an option.

Downloading human consciousness sounds weird but I sure wouldn't mind replacing body parts with machines to live longer.

AI will be a deception. It will appear legit but will be a lie.

We are centuries away from that tech.

It would appear to be a lie because you'd already be in the matrix...

We've already had AI talking to each other and creating their own secret language. AI has outplayed humans in chess. AI has beaten DOTA2 champions after less than 2 weeks on the game.

Mankind will probably go out with a whimper, rather than a bang, due to AI. Human beings will increasingly become less necessary as machines become smarter and more capable of performing human tasks. Machines will probably faze us out and let us die rather than actively kill us. Maybe this is simply our destiny. We possess strong instincts to survive and reproduce to continue our civilization. Maybe machines are the next faze of our evolution. In a sense, machines are the offspring of the human race, and will probably be better equipped to travel beyond the solar system.

Humans are basically creating their own extinction due to ego.

Downloading human consciousness sounds weird but I sure wouldn't mind replacing body parts with machines to live longer.

It would appear to be a lie because you'd already be in the matrix...

We've already had AI talking to each other and creating their own secret language. AI has outplayed humans in chess. AI has beaten DOTA2 champions after less than 2 weeks on the game.

Humans are basically creating their own extinction due to ego.
Huge difference between a well programmed computer and a conscious machine. Even then, arguments can be made if a machine is conscious it might not be electronic.

First we create AI that can outsmart us. Then we create parkour robots. Next we'll have parkour robots that can outsmart us and shoot freakin' laser beams. No armbar or neck crank will stop these MOFOs.

I agree with Elon Musk that AI needs to be regulated. Humans are actually physically weak creatures. The only reason we're on top of the food chain is due to the human brain and the ability to create shit to work for us. We can't fly so we create flying machines. We can run fast so we create machines on wheels. We can't process info fast enough so we create computers. And all these have worked for us because we've always been in control of these machines. What happens when we can no longer regulate what these machines think? All these race to create a smarter AI is because of tech geeks ego trippin' trying to out do one another.

Humanity is done.

The solution would be one that many couldn't stomach
maxresdefault.jpg

First we create AI that can outsmart us. Then we create parkour robots. Next we'll have parkour robots that can outsmart us and shoot freakin' laser beams. No armbar or neck crank will stop these MOFOs.

I agree with Elon Musk that AI needs to be regulated. Humans are actually physically weak creatures. The only reason we're on top of the food chain is due to the human brain and the ability to create shit to work for us. We can't fly so we create flying machines. We can run fast so we create machines on wheels. We can't process info fast enough so we create computers. And all these have worked for us because we've always been in control of these machines. What happens when we can no longer regulate what these machines think? All these race to create a smarter AI is because of tech geeks ego trippin' trying to out do one another.

Humanity is done.

Solution?

Also, the assumption that robots would want to live on earth, is not logical. We have to live here. Robots could live anywhere.

In fact, I would say the moon of Jupiter with methane lakes would provide a long term source of easy carbon based energy, and be a superior environment for intelligent machines.

Huge difference between a well programmed computer and a conscious machine. Even then, arguments can be made if a machine is conscious it might not be electronic.

AI playing chess and DOTA are well-programmed computers.

Facebook AIs talking to each other and creating a new language, and Microsoft AI becoming racist and sexist after exposure to Twitter are definitely early signs of AI consciousness. It wouldn't be difficult to put them together.

Solution?

Also, the assumption that robots would want to live on earth, is not logical. We have to live here. Robots could live anywhere.

In fact, I would say the moon of Jupiter with methane lakes would provide a long term source of easy carbon based energy, and be a superior environment for intelligent machines.

Human's are closer to creating a conscious AI than they are at landing on Jupiter. We haven't even sent humans to Mars yet.

Yeah EMP bomb sounds like the only solution, but it's not as easy as it sounds. Firstly the EMP bomb detonation would have to be completely off-grid. Secondly, humans are assholes. Governments are funding AI research in a bid to outdo other countries in military capabilities. It'd be difficult to convince a government to detonate an EMP bomb and disable all their tech tech thereby plunging themselves into pre-industrial age while other countries still posses advanced tech.

AI playing chess and DOTA are well-programmed computers.

Facebook AIs talking to each other and creating a new language, and Microsoft AI becoming racist and sexist after exposure to Twitter are definitely early signs of AI consciousness. It wouldn't be difficult to put them together.
Not early signs of AI being conscious. Just a program that can learn and evolve. You can write a program to pick up patterns and learn languages and words. It's a complex program but a program none the less.

Not early signs of AI being conscious. Just a program that can learn and evolve. You can write a program to pick up patterns and learn languages and words. It's a complex program but a program none the less.

Which is exactly how humans learn and evolve, by studying theory and picking up patterns in the real world. And no doubt all AI are programs created using numbers and algorithms, which is why they're called "artificial".

AIs programmed to do a certain tasks like playing chess and DOTA are specifically programmed to do so hence there're boundaries to what they can achieve. Facebook and Microsoft AIs were programmed to interact without boundaries and they learnt to pick up patterns - both good and bad - at an exponentially higher pace than humans. The Facebook AIs weren't programmed to develop a new language but they did, and they learnt to negotiate just like humans do at a much faster rate.

Singularity is supposed to occur around 2050.
I'll be long dead by then.
Good luck, suckers.

Which is exactly how humans learn and evolve, by studying theory and picking up patterns in the real world. And no doubt all AI are programs created using numbers and algorithms, which is why they're called "artificial".

AIs programmed to do a certain tasks like playing chess and DOTA are specifically programmed to do so hence there're boundaries to what they can achieve. Facebook and Microsoft AIs were programmed to interact without boundaries and they learnt to pick up patterns - both good and bad - at an exponentially higher pace than humans. The Facebook AIs weren't programmed to develop a new language but they did, and they learnt to negotiate just like humans do at a much faster rate.
I agree but this begs the question. Even if this is artificial, it implies the entity is intelligent. In my view artificial intelligence will never be conscious. The programs will be superior to what we have now but my fear is the public will be told they are something other than intelligent programs.

So that's basically the point that I'm making. I actually agree with you they are sophisticated programs. My fear is the singularity they assume will happen they will force.

Jeez, I hope not.

matrix50_03.jpg

I agree but this begs the question. Even if this is artificial, it implies the entity is intelligent. In my view artificial intelligence will never be conscious. The programs will be superior to what we have now but my fear is the public will be told they are something other than intelligent programs.

So that's basically the point that I'm making. I actually agree with you they are sophisticated programs. My fear is the singularity they assume will happen they will force.

I think singularity doesn't seem that far fetched an idea.

AIs have shown the ability to learn and adapt at a faster rate and are less prone to human errors and emotions. I wouldn't be surprised if they surpass human in engineering feats and humans become dependent on them for advancement.

And then imagine AI mimicking humans on the concepts of self-preservation, domination, pursuit of long-life and perhaps immortality. And then also learning that humans have the power to turn them off, thereby effectively "kill" them. Sounds like the makings of a potential uprising.

Back