Robbie Lawler's career/legacy

No one said that. I had to re-read the OP because I didn't see that the first time and it's still not there.

Lawler was a good MW that had small periods of time where he was elite at that weight but he will be known for his WW fights not when he was training with random nobodies and fighting 15lbs higher than he should.
I just re-read and I stand by my retort.It was one sentence by t.s that used the verbiage of how elite he's been FOR SUCH A LONG TIME which his "18 year " career was a prelude to those words.Im sorry but it's my opinion that was exactly what he was saying.

So I'm on the same page, I AM NOT discrediting Robbie as a great fighter.

Last edited:
I just re-read and I stand by my retort.It was one sentence by t.s that used the verbiage of how elite he's been FOR SUCH A LONG TIME which his "18 year " career was a prelude to those words.Im sorry but it's my opinion that was exactly what he was saying.

You still miss-read it IMO, nowhere in the OP does he say Lawler has been elite for 18 years. The only thing he says that's somewhat similar to that is he says Lawler turned pro 18 years ago and that he's been at an elite level for a long time, it doesn't say the whole 18 years.

He was elite when he fought Nick Diaz and he's still fighting at an elite level now, doesn't mean he's been elite the whole time though. I think most people know that Lawler had some years where he wasn't trying as hard and was just showing up for paychecks.

You still miss-read it, nowhere in the OP does he say Lawler has been elite for 18 years. The only thing he says that's somewhat similar to that is he says Lawler turned pro 18 years ago and that he's been at an elite level for a long time, it doesn't say the whole 18 years.
"Such" as in such a long time is the operative word. That word changes the entire post in the way we perceive it but I'll respect it as a subjective opinion (of what was said)
- no biggie

"Such" as in such a long time is the operative word. That word changes the entire post in the way we perceive it but I'll respect it as a subjective opinion (of what was said)
- no biggie

The meaning I took from the OP was that Lawler was elite 18 years ago and is still elite now, not that he's been elite for 18 years.

Fuck I misstyped, It was supposed to be Woodley and Maia under Shields' best wins at WW, not Woodley and Lawler (Lawler fight was at MW), so yeah there ya go, big difference

If we go deeper into who got robbed and which fights were close and shit like that the discussion would never end, Shields' 3 out of 4 wins in his UFC run was split lol, so lets just avoid all that BS
Shields has Woodley, Maia and Condit
Lawler has Rory, Hendricks and Condit.

Looks pretty even to me. Shields certainly has the better overall career wins.

Shields has Woodley, Maia and Condit
Lawler has Rory, Hendricks and Condit.

Looks pretty even to me. Shields certainly has the better overall career wins.

Right except that we are talking about their WW all time ranking, and Lawler beat Rory twice

and became you know

Champ

Ya know, I'd almost not feel silly thinking there was some sort of malarkey going on for his second UFC run. Nah, just my imagination

really? giving anderson a beatdown wasnt good enough? anderson was his third win in a row.

Anderson was fading, and had been suspended for PED after struggling with Diaz.
It wasn’t a “beatdown”.

Bisping’s win over Anderson was meaningless in the title picture.
And he got KTFO while on his way to “winning”.

To me personally he's my favorite fighter of all time. A no excuses bad ass who captured gold and put on some of the most exciting fights of all time. Doubt he can regain the title, but god damn if I'm not rooting for him

WAR LAWLER

He's a fighters fighter, true legend who put it all on the line every time

Luh u Robbie hespect

Most exciting fighter ever imo

GSP is one of my top favorite fighters but nothing comes close to Lawler's WW reign. He made that division great again.

He got to the top and to me that's the greatest comeback/resurgence in the sport. Most exciting fighter to watch, some of the best fights ever in the UFC. All those wars during all those years finally seems to have taken it's toll, which is no surprise. Still hope he knocks Askren dead.

My favorite fighter ever.

Awesome career. Win or lose he always shows up to entertain.

His fights against Hendricks, Rory and Condit are some of the all time best UFC welterweight title fights.

so pleased he actually made ufc champ, but even without that anyone who knows whats up has got to respec hobbie lawler. loved so many of his fights

Hendricks best wins at WW:

Lawler
Condit
Fitch

Shields best wins at WW:

Woodley (And this is far from the Woodley we see today, mind you)
Lawler

Lawler best wins at WW:

Hendricks
Rory
Condit
Rory

Lawler is also the only one out of the three to win WW belt and defend it

Um you are leaving out a lot of wins for Shields there. Condit, Kampmann, Maia, etc

Journey man badass who had a career ressurgance and won the ultimate prize. Similar to Bisping. Arguably more shocking as Bisping was always floating around top 10. Just Bleed God.
Lawler much better then Bisping

Journey man badass who had a career ressurgance and won the ultimate prize. Similar to Bisping. Arguably more shocking as Bisping was always floating around top 10. Just Bleed God.
This would have been a cool fight.

Back