Robbie Lawler's career/legacy

oldschoolmmafan

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's hard to fathom that in exactly 4 months it will be 18 years since Robbie Lawler made his prefessional debut. With the amount of wars he has been through I can't believe he has stayed at an elite level for so long. It's sad we never got to see GSP vs Lawler but how do you think his career and legacy will hold up in the decades to come?

Journey man badass who had a career ressurgance and won the ultimate prize. Similar to Bisping. Arguably more shocking as Bisping was always floating around top 10. Just Bleed God.

I think he is a great example of a fighter who has fully realised his potential.

When he first emerged on the scene, he was absolutely terrifying! It has always amazed at how soft spoken he is, given the fact that he is such a savage in the cage.

I think he will be remembered as a fighter's fighter, someone who would right anyone any time

He should get in the UFC Hall of Fame pretty easy. His legacy is that of one of the best brawlers ever at 170 pounds. He could knock anyone out, but some grapplers got the better of him and he was a little too small for 185.

Thought he was done after SF.

Career resurgence after dropping to WW, up there with Shogun for best comeback ever.

It's hard to fathom that in exactly 4 months it will be 18 years since Robbie Lawler made his prefessional debut. With the amount of wars he has been through I can't believe he has stayed at an elite level for so long. It's sad we never got to see GSP vs Lawler but how do you think his career and legacy will hold up in the decades to come?

Liked for Slipknot. Fuck yeah sherbro!

Still baffles me that he beat Rory. Rory was so clearly the better fighter to me before, during and after the fight and yet, Lawler found a way

He's a legendary fighter, for sure

Probably the greatest example of spirit I can think of MMA

the man that brought us Lawler vs Rory.

Ill be for ever grateful just for that much.

Love Robbie but not sure if he'll be remembered at all as he's the humble quiet sort.

For me he has the greatest heart and fighting spirit of any fighter. I hope he'll be remembered for his discipline, heart and the fact he never gave up.

Still baffles me that he beat Rory. Rory was so clearly the better fighter to me before, during and after the fight and yet, Lawler found a way

He's a legendary fighter, for sure

Probably the greatest example of spirit I can think of MMA
I thought Rory would go on to one of the greats, then he met Lawler.

forgot to say - great thread TS

Just Bleed God Disciple. Forever in our memories. All-time great. RESPECT.

<RomeroSalute><RomeroSalute><RomeroSalute><RomeroSalute><RomeroSalute><RomeroSalute><RomeroSalute>

Yup. Other than GSP, Hughes and Woodley, who else has better career than Lawler? I think its close between him and Shields, but Lawler was elite for much longer than Shields and actually managed to become UFC champ

Also managed to get finished by Jake in the 1st round.

If you don't know who Robbie is then

Gillian-Jacobs-Fuck-You.gif

Journey man badass who had a career ressurgance and won the ultimate prize. Similar to Bisping. Arguably more shocking as Bisping was always floating around top 10. Just Bleed God.
Sorry, but that's fucked up.
Rory defended his belt against the top of the division and had unforgettable wars against the likes of Rory and Johnny.
That's while Bisping run from all contenders and lost to a retired lighter guy in GSP.

Him and Bisping were nothing alike.

Back