River City Ransom Underground Feb 27th

100%

I'm not saying you can't like it. To me they're all the same though. You wander around the screen and mash buttons. Loved these types of games as a kid, but they do nothing for me today.

It's true they don't age well. They are a part of a long dying genre. But as a nostalgia trip it's a boon to see the GOAT game, of it's genre, get a proper remake.

It's true they don't age well. They are a part of a long dying genre. But as a nostalgia trip it's a boon to see the GOAT game, of it's genre, get a proper remake.

Yep. Unlike fighting games, old beat-em-ups get boring, but Shadow over Mystara is still worth playing.

Holy shit. This looks awesome. I can't wait to get this. Love me some River City Ransom.

I'm playing through Tokyo Rumble right now.. if you dig original RCR then I'd highly recommend it. I'm pretty addicted at the moment.

I'll probably get Super Sports Challenge as well. It's a good time to be a Kunio fan.

Cool, loved the original. Last I heard this game missed it's kickstarter funding goals, nice to see it's launching soon.
it hit the funding goal (i'm a backer) it's just like 2 1/2 years after they originally predicted.

I usually don't like these damn 8 bit looking games, but this actually looks fun. Loved this game on the NES.

I wouldn't mind a Contra remake.

I usually don't like these damn 8 bit looking games, but this actually looks fun. Loved this game on the NES.

I wouldn't mind a Contra remake.

Have you played "Hard Corps: Uprising"?

It's essentially a Contra game, and it's awesome.

Have you played "Hard Corps: Uprising"?

It's essentially a Contra game, and it's awesome.

Yes, I had it on the PS3. Very good game, but hard as shit. I'd like a return back to original contra though, with updated graphics.

Yes, I had it on the PS3. Very good game, but hard as shit. I'd like a return back to original contra though, with updated graphics.

Imagine a sequel to Contra III Alien Wars with a few more frames per second... (for character movements) bigger stages...more weapons...etc, etc.

Refined sprites = COOL.

As said hypothetical game would be a sequel, it could take place on a hostile alien world, and co-op missions would consist of a split screen where players can venture off into different areas. That split screen aspect work work to great effect when fighting a building sized robot or alien...

I am glad to see some other people backed it on here. I know I personally can't wait, if only to get the taste of Mighty No. 9 out of my mouth.
Two quick games to do that with (if you haven't already payed them):

Shantae Half-Genie Hero - Kickstarter launched game that released in December. Awesome f'n title (in fact all the Shantae games are great).

Hyper Light Drifter - Another great Kickstarter game. It launched back in March of 2016, and was also funded around the same time as MN9. Awesome title if you're looking for an action/adventure overhead Zelda type game.

I'm hoping to see how the efforts at Conatus have turned out. Granted I didn't jump all in and donate more than $25 CAD, but I'm just as eager as anyone else waiting for it.

God DAMN I'm excited for this game. Just one more week now!

At least it comes out 1 day before horizon and not the same day...

Now that's a true homage. Games looks brilliant and the animations are fantastic. Maybe if this succeeds we'll see a Streets of Rage!

Back