Rampage admits Jones knee kicks messed up his knees

Holy shit this is getting really really old.

Let me explain the difference to you: the kicks aren't illegal and he did it during the fight. Cheap? Sure. Illegal? No. Heel hooks are legal too, but holding them AFTER the referee stops the fight is not legal. Cheap, yes. Illegal? Definitely. I completely agree that the kick to the kneecap should be illegal but it's not so what can anybody do? You can't cut somebody or punish somebody for staying within the rules.

You're welcome to think they're cheap, that's a fair opinion, but it's completely different to the Palhares situation. You're comparing a questionable technique that's still legal to something blatantly illegal. Now please give it a rest, this is getting pathetic.

Rampage, it should also be noted, stands with his front foot WAAAAAAY forward. Look at all of his fights, he stands like a boxer. It means anyone looking to kick his legs with equal or a longer reach is gonna fuck his legs up. ... it also didn't stop Gus at all. Infact, he quickly countered and got Jones thinking twice about it really early in the fight ... Rampage just took every one and plodded forward

Those kicks should be banned. Dirty tactics.

Those oblique kicks can be easily evaded by a 10 year old Muay thai fighter.

If you are to dumb to learn how to evade oblique kicks than that is your own fault. One method of evasion/stoppage consists of raising your knee upwards and checking the kick and it is that simple and if you cant do that than that is your fault.

MMA is not for the dumb, either learn the entire art which consist of learning defensive measures to Martial art moves or get a new profession.

One ends a career, one ends a fight, whats your point?

What ends a career is not knowing how easy it is to evade an oblique kick. Its much easier to evade and or stop than a heel hook.

Its laziness in reality,

GSP evaded Condits oblique kicks quite easily because he learned how to evade them. A little education goes a long way.

Last edited:
I imagine those kicks will be banned in next 2-3 years

I read or heard in an interview that the kick is supposed to target the quad and not the knee. Unfortunately it more often than not hits the knee.

There's a vid of Rampage doing an interview with Karyn Bryant after his fight with Jones and he does something to pop his knee during the interview or as he walking away that made a sound that made everybody cringe.

What ends a career is not knowing how easy it is to evade an oblique kick. Its much easier to evade and or stop than a heel hook.

That is so stupid, its like saying learn to avoid eye pokes or groin shots.

They are career threatening and are clearly unsportsman like conduct. The ONLY reason they are not pulled up is because WHO is doing it.

Its not what you do in the UFC, its who you are. Its complete bullshit.

Jones is breaking all these rules so he should be out of the UFC, right? Oh, wait? I couldn't care less about any of you talking about 'honour.' That's a word most of you only use when you want to discredit fighters you dislike.

I still wanna see this proof that his epidemic of leg teeps are permanently screwing up people's legs.

I still wanna see this proof that his epidemic of leg teeps are permanently screwing up people's legs.

me too. Without concrete evidence it's speculation and thinly veiled fighter bashing. Jones has these people hallucinating and seeing him in their sleep. They should seek counseling.

This thread has been done so many times before. And I'm still waiting for a list of all these career ending injuries. Seen countless leg teeps over years of watching Muay Thai, and still haven't seen it. Simply move leg back to evade. Raise knee and shin block. Twist knee and hips inwards and counter the shit out of it. Or you can do what Rampage did by planting your lead leg heel first with no bend, and see what happens...Rampage only has himself to blame.

That is so stupid, its like saying learn to avoid eye pokes or groin shots.

They are career threatening and are clearly unsportsman like conduct. The ONLY reason they are not pulled up is because WHO is doing it.

Its not what you do in the UFC, its who you are. Its complete bullshit.

The comparison is ridiculous,

GSP evades Oblique kicks all the time and did it in the condit fight easily and its not difficult. Its laziness on the part of MMA fighters and fans like yourself who dont want to educate themselves on such an easy move to evade. If GSP can evade Condits Oblique kicks with relative ease, so could any fighter in MMA. Children evade those kicks and learn how to do it.

Like I said its as easy as raising your knee upwards to stop the kick which is used primarily to stop the opponents movement and or setting up other strikes.

Its laziness and thats the issue.

Those oblique kicks can be easily evaded by a 10 year old Muay thai fighter.

If you are to dumb to learn how to evade oblique kicks than that is your own fault. One method of evasion/stoppage consists of raising your knee upwards and checking the kick and it is that simple and if you cant do that than that is your fault.

MMA is not for the dumb, either learn the entire art which consist of learning defensive measures to Martial art moves or get a new profession.

What's your name? I want to look it up on the ufc roster.

Those kicks are legal.

Holding submissions after the ref steps in is not.

Or to keep punching after the ref steps in. (Wand vs. Page III)

Numerous punches causing cuncussions messed up Chucks brain.

Whats Rampages point?
Its a violent sport.

This thread has been done so many times before. And I'm still waiting for a list of all these career ending injuries. Seen countless leg teeps over years of watching Muay Thai, and still haven't seen it. Simply move leg back to evade. Raise knee and shin block. Twist knee and hips inwards and counter the shit out of it. Or you can do what Rampage did by planting your lead leg heel first with no bend, and see what happens...Rampage only has himself to blame.

Exactly,

I dont mind kicks to the knees being banned but ban them all including low cut kicks to the knee which could also do some knee damage to fighters who dont want to take the time to learn how to avoid them.

Back