Rampage admits Jones knee kicks messed up his knees

@Rampage4real
John Jones fucked the left knee,n my sparing partner @antiheromma fucked the right 1,thanks guy!! But I'm not worried I got the best docs

This is tough to comment on.

On one hand I hate those kicks. I think they're cheap and dangerous.
On the other hand, they're legal, Jones is known to throw them so his opponents should know to prepare for them, and Rampage is a legendary whiner.

Jones threw tons of those kicks in the Gus fight, it was a major component of his gameplan. This shit is gonna become an epidemic an MMA soon and we're gonna see how those knees hold up

That kick should absolutely be illegal.

Only intent is to damage structure of knee joint.

It stops you coming forward and can put you off balance creating an opening for a solid counter.

Check this one out,

As it the worst looking one I have seen.

2zso9yc.jpg

FYI, Adlan Amagov vs Keith Berry

This guy fought again 35 days and won a belt, went on to fight 4 more times within a year and only lost the 4th fight.

Seems pretty fine to me.

I know people who have dodgy knees don't like the look of it, but find me a legit injury from one before you condem it.

FYI not a jones fan , if in doubt check the thread i linked above.

Hi im random sherdog poster number 1029

ive never been in a fight in my life but from my couch i mean pedestal im going to question the manliness of people who have the courage to actually do it and do it regularly.

4in2ti.jpg

Rampage just admitted on his new reality show that Jon Jones knee kicks fvked up his knees from their fight. So apparently its ok to potentially mess up someone knee with a fast side kick but a slowly applied heel hook is a 'deadly technique'.:eek:

Amazing all the hypocrisy coming out of MMA these days.

Yup, the same idea crossed my mind nearly as soon as the UFC had their shills out in full force to demonize Palhares. They're still here too, and in greater quantity than I had previously suspected.

Nice post Sohei.

1. It's not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is when you claim to be a certain kind of person or conform to a certain standard when in fact your behavior is quite different than your public claims. I think you mean to be saying it's a double standard.

It is hypocritical for the fans/UFC/athletic commissions to pretend that heel hooks are such a dangerous technique while batting an eye at these knee kicks which essentially do the same type of damage.

And yes it is a double standard because the premise behind PH being cut is that heel hooks are such a dangerous technique.

People saying he needs to stop complaining need to see the show. It was a scene while he was being fitted for knee braces at the doctors after having MULTIPLE surgeries due to the damage that was done to his knees.

Exactly. He was hobbling around with braces on both knees ala Steve Austin.

Knee teeps are such a sissy, yet dangerous technique they're banned by WKA. You rarely get TKO's with them (which is the goal in striking, not inflicting permanent ligament damage), but the damage can show afterwards.

Full-list-mma-injuries-caused-knee-kicks

FYI, it is zero so far.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f44/full-list-mma-injuries-caused-knee-kicks-2211981/

Maybe I will have to add rampage to that list maybe I will not,

I agree, Rampage is the only one I have heard of, but you also have to consider, Jones is really the only fighter who consistently uses those kicks repeatedly. Most fighters wont seriously consider them. If more fighters used them we'd have more peopel like Page coming out and admitting they got injured by them.

But my original point is kind of the same. All of Paul Harris opponents he has hooked are still fighting and have not complained about knee injuries either, so why the double standard?

Yup, the same idea crossed my mind nearly as soon as the UFC had their shills out in full force to demonize Palhares. They're still here too, and in greater quantity than I had previously suspected.

Nice post Sohei.

Thanks brah

*high five*

I agree, Rampage is the only one I have heard of, but you also have to consider, Jones is really the only fighter who consistently uses those kicks repeatedly. My fighters wont seriously consider them. If more fighters used them we'd have more peopel like Page coming out and admitting they got injured by them.

But my original point is kind of the same. All of Paul Harris opponents he has hooked are still fighting and have not complained about knee injuries either, so why the double standard?

Anderson used those same kicks long before Jones set foot inside the UFC. Not a single cry, complaint, thread or whining occurred during that time.

Knee teeps are such a sissy, yet dangerous technique they're banned by WKA. You rarely get TKO's with them (which is the goal in striking, not inflicting permanent ligament damage), but the damage can show afterwards.

I was going to mention this. Some kickboxing rule sets outlaw side kicks to the knee and side/front kicks to the front of the thigh/quad area above the knee too.

Anderson used those same kicks long before Jones set foot inside the UFC. Not a single cry, complaint, thread or whining occurred during that time.

Not as much as Jones does. Jones uses them almost every fight. Anderson diddnt start using them until his later fights. And even then he doesnt repeatedly throw them like Jones does.

That Brandon Vera gif is a good one, but Vera hardly uses them either.

McGregor came out and kicked Holloway directly in the kneecaps repeatedly at the beginning of their fight. Nobody said anything about it.

Why is this even a thread? Rampage was complaining about Jones kicking him in the knees during his whine-a-thon last year. Funny that he didn't say dick about his "destroyed" knees immediately after the fight and seemed to be walking around just fine then.

[YT]7PDynQVVdks[/YT]

If those kicks are so terrible, then why aren't all of Jones' previous opponents being fitted for knee braces?

I take a break from Sherdog to concentrate on school, and I see the exact same shit when I come back. Maybe I need to take a permanent vacation.

^^^Same thing can be said about heel hooks and holding onto them for an extra second.

Back