Rampage admits Jones knee kicks messed up his knees

Punches are much easier to defend than oblique kicks because everyone throws them so everyone knows to train for them. Not everyone throws oblique kicks. Also, its easier to defend punches: slipping, blocking, taking someone down. Its much harder to defend an oblique kick.

Weve seen tons of punches thrown and only a few cases of obvious brain damage. Only one fighter throws oblique kicks regularly, Jones, and so far only Rampage has been injured by them. If fighters threw oblique kicks as much as they did punches there would be many more injuries. Most fighters dont because they think they're dirty.

Also check out Miguel Torres last fight where he took a nasty oblique kick.

So he hurt his knee in January 2015 in the kickboxing fight and went on to fight MMA in China in June 2015???

Talk about career ending...:rolleyes:

Loss 43–9 Kleber Koike Erbst Submission (D'Arce choke) Rebel FC 3: The Promised Ones June 27, 2015 2 4:40 Qingdao, China Rebel FC Featherweight Tournament Finals.

You are clearly very ignorant of importance of the human brain and the impact of concussions and the prevalence of pugilistica dementia in combat sports.

Fighters rendered unconscious are not "fine". The physiological ramifications from even a couple concussions is huge. Take time to learn about the sport your watching.

Only a highly unintelligent person values the knee over the brain.

BRAIN > KNEE

Rampage complains because thats what he does. He complained about Forrest, Rashad and Jones hurting his knee because hes a complainer who LOST to all 3 guys

Don't be so emotional. This is only a discussion. You make good points.

You are clearly very ignorant of importance of the human brain and the impact of concussions and the prevalence of pugilistica dementia in combat sports.

We are talking about MMA, not boxing. Take your boxing arguments to a boxing forum. The prevalence of pugilistic dementia is much lower in MMA for obvious reasons.

Take time to learn about the sport your watching.

Are you sure what sport you are watching? Because it sounds like you are watching boxing, not MMA.

Only a highly unintelligent person values the knee over the brain.

Only a highly unintelligent person would prioritize their body parts. You should preserve and protect your whole body, unless you think being like Stephen Hawking is a good quality of life?

Rampage complains because thats what he does. He complained about Forrest, Rashad and Jones hurting his knee because hes a complainer who LOST to all 3 guys

"I think Jon Jones is bad for the sport, because when he fights people, he injures us. He kicked my knee backwards. My knee has never been the same. He's doing it to a couple of other guys. He's kicking their knees backwards and really trying to hurt people. So I think that's bad for the sport.""

"We just try to do the same thing he's trying to do, earn a living and do the sport that we love. We don't go in there and try and injure people."

Where did he say similar things about Rashad and Forrest or any other person he lost to?

We are talking about MMA, not boxing. Take your boxing arguments to a boxing forum. The prevalence of pugilistic dementia is much lower in MMA for obvious reasons.

Are you sure what sport you are watching? Because it sounds like you are watching boxing, not MMA.

Only a highly unintelligent person would prioritize their body parts. You should preserve and protect your whole body, unless you think being like Stephen Hawking is a good quality of life?

"I think Jon Jones is bad for the sport, because when he fights people, he injures us. He kicked my knee backwards. My knee has never been the same. He's doing it to a couple of other guys. He's kicking their knees backwards and really trying to hurt people. So I think that's bad for the sport.""

"We just try to do the same thing he's trying to do, earn a living and do the sport that we love. We don't go in there and try and injure people."

Where did he say similar things about Rashad and Forrest or any other person he lost to?

"Only a highly unintelligent person would prioritize their body parts. You should preserve and protect your whole body, unless you think being like Stephen Hawking is a good quality of life?"

Just stop typing man. Seriously you are trolling because no one can be this obtuse

I guess the real question is why is any attack illegal? Nothing's worse than brain damage, so fuck it, if punches are legal they should allow groin kicks and breaking fingers and biting. Nobody ever retired from being bitten, not even Evander.

I guess the real question is why is any attack illegal? Nothing's worse than brain damage, so fuck it, if punches are legal they should allow groin kicks and breaking fingers and biting. Nobody ever retired from being bitten, not even Evander.

Nah. The human mouth is filthy. I think it's people and Komodo dragons whose bites have like a 90% chance of leading to infection if they break the skin.

Hasn't Rampage fought and won since then? Hardly career ending.

Hasn't Rampage fought and won since then? Hardly career ending.

He also conveniently skipped over the part where I replied to his post about Miguel Angel Torres. I guess his knee was so bad after that kickboxing bout that he fought less than half a year later (and in MMA, no less).

Nah. The human mouth is filthy. I think it's people and Komodo dragons whose bites have like a 90% chance of leading to infection if they break the skin.
Just test the fighters and let em fang, bro.

He also conveniently skipped over the part where I replied to his post about Miguel Angel Torres. I guess his knee was so bad after that kickboxing bout that he fought less than half a year later (and in MMA, no less).

These kicks. They're a real epidemic. I hear that Dada 5000 was training them before his fight and his kidneys failed!

These kicks. They're a real epidemic. I hear that Dada 5000 was training them before his fight and his kidneys failed!

Holy shit, that's crazy...had no idea about his kidneys. What caused his heart to give out? Practicing 12-6 elbows???

For what it's worth, I didn't see either of those techniques in this video. Strangely enough, I believe that's a Let The Bodies Hit The Floor remix...Shane Carwin would be proud:

Back