Rampage admits Jones knee kicks messed up his knees

Those kicks really screw your knees.

knee_medium.gif

Not illegal though.

I remember Rampage saying that spinning elbows should be illegal as well.

Did he really? Next he's gonna say kicks shouldn't be allowed since he is so against anything he doesn't utilize.

Also, I'm pretty sure the one in that gif was illegal cause it looked like it landed right on the knee cap.

Rampage complained immediately to the ref when Jones landed a really hard side kick to the thigh. He has been complaining about it ever since.

The difference is those kicks have not been banned and the ref was not telling Jones to stop using them while Palhares ignored the ref and Pierce's taps when he sprained Pierce's MCL with his heel hook.

I feel point fighting is the way. If you hit an opponent hard enough where he backs up, DQ.

Ban knee strikes, spinning shit, TD's, heel hooks, leg kicks and anything that could really hurt someone. I wish there was flag fighting like there's flag football.

We also shouldn't keep record of who wins. At the end of the fight, both fighters win and become best friends.

People saying he needs to stop complaining need to see the show. It was a scene while he was being fitted for knee braces at the doctors after having MULTIPLE surgeries due to the damage that was done to his knees.

Yes, he did.

I found it here.

Interesting, he said because they land to the back of the head. The only time I remember one landing to the back of the head was the Jones/Bonnar fight and that's only because Bonnar twisted his neck trying to dodge it.

People saying he needs to stop complaining need to see the show. It was a scene while he was being fitted for knee braces at the doctors after having MULTIPLE surgeries due to the damage that was done to his knees.

What's the show called?

I do think those kicks should be illegal.

Wait until he complains about tito trying to wrestle him. Where can I see this reality show?

Interesting, he said because they land to the back of the head. The only time I remember one landing to the back of the head was the Jones/Bonnar fight and that's only because Bonnar twisted his neck trying to dodge it.

Yea, I remember that one.

20h9dzr.gif

I agree, Jones had no intention of hitting the back of Bonnar's head.

1. It's not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is when you claim to be a certain kind of person or conform to a certain standard when in fact your behavior is quite different than your public claims. I think you mean to be saying it's a double standard.

Years ago, when I was in basic training, this kid accused me of being a hypocrite and went so far as to say, "I bet you don't even know what hypocrite means." I gave him the text-book definition you listed and he started gloating because he of course was holding to the common misconception. And not a fucking dictionary in sight nor any way of getting to one. lol

Lol exactly my thoughts. I'm pretty sure he's been complaining about it the day after they fought. Typical rampage

Would love to see you take a couple of kicks like that from Jones.

he also complained about his knees and needing surgery long before the jones fight

Yea, I remember that one.

20h9dzr.gif

I agree, Jones had no intention of hitting the back of Bonnar's head.

Yeah, all kinds of strikes sometimes land to the back of the head. It's part of the game. Might as well ban everything but straight punches and we can being Wing Chun back in a big way! lol

Depending on the day Page says it was all Jones kicks that did it, on other days he admits that he injured his knee in training during wrestling drills with a training partner after fighting Jones. That is what led to him missing weight against Bader and in large part led to being forced to have surgery and to having nagging knee injuries all the way back from his high school wrestling days.

He knows which "culprit" gets more hits/ratings/attention.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/quinton-rampage-jackson-says-training-injury-led-to-missing-weight

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/9/27/2...ons-and-injuries-for-jones-vs-rampage-on-sept

I don't approve of kicks to the joint where it bends that is a scientific no no. You only hit the side of leg. In terms of armbars you can apply pressure and pop the arm subs you have to release once a tap is made or damage. The rules should be adjusted to end front kicks to the knees because lots of fighters are adopting it like JBJ and Conor. We'll just have to wait until a big injury then they might address it.

And he blames everything on Jones?
Way before the Jones fight he was already complaining that Rashad was punching his injured knee.

Complains about knee strikes, but loves to slam guys like this:

RAMPAGE-SLAM-BADER.gif

I love Rampage as a fighter, but this is just tears to me. You don't see Shogun crying about his knee problems. You don't see Bader crying about possibly dying on that slam.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if those leg strikes were illegal

Back