Prime Tim Sylvia would have beaten Werdum and Volkov last night.

Sylvia was a legit top HW but Werdum would pull him on top of him and the fight would be over.

So is Shogun, Diaz bros, and Werdum.

Diaz bros are athletic, but not in traditional sense of explosion. Nate Diaz has cardio/toughness for days.. the reason he can take all those shots is not just his heart/tough dude but also the fact that he can run triathlons and recovers easier from damage.

And he would've done it with crap in his pants.
Yep this is true. The only reason we didn’t get to see the poop was because he was fighting the HW A Silva, so the poop got on him and blended in with his skin. I love seeing poop.

Diaz bros are athletic, but not in traditional sense of explosion. Nate Diaz has cardio/toughness for days.. the reason he can take all those shots is not just his heart/tough dude but also the fact that he can run triathlons and recovers easier from damage.
Yeah that’s true. A lot of people don’t understand that having a great chin has a lot to do with cardio.

Agreed. HW has actually regressed in the last 13 years. Not improved or evolved.

I think this is a half truth. Guys like Stipe, Cain (when healthy) and JDS from a few years back are probably among the best HWs we've ever seen together with maybe Werdum from a few years back and prime horsemeat Overeem. But it's a very top heavy division and has been for quite some time. As it stands now the only guys who I see as comparable to the old guard is Stipe and Cain. Ngannou would have a good chance to KO people as well, I feel he's underrated right now.

I think I like Tim. Look at that face. that's a genuine smile. He's genuinely happy to be hugged up with this fanboy. He doesn't look like someone consumed with past celebrity but probably just a regular dude. Pictures tell a story and that's the story I'm pulling out of this photo.

He was probably happy someone recognized him

..and not just beaten but dominated. That was two of the top contenders at HW in 2018, embarrasing. Stipe is so lucky to be the only top HW in his prime in this era, thats the only reason he is dominating.

Discuss.

Tim Sylvia in his prime lost multiple times, including getting his arm snapped by Mir. No.

Prime Brock woulda horseshoed em both in the same night!

The Sylvia hate around here is unreal. Big Tim in his aggressive, high-kick throwing days was pretty awesome, anyone who doubts his ability should watch a few of his early fight, watch how he headkicked the fuck out of Trauma.

I don't know what happened with Volkov's standing game - both striking and movement. It looked = better in Bellator.

I guess that's a price he paid to become more well-rounded.

It's called being afraid of being taken down by Werdum.

Back