Prime Tim Sylvia would have beaten Werdum and Volkov last night.

Yes i didnt say anything bad about his standup if you recall. As said on the ground he lasted 5 secs. The ground.

And I'm saying Werdums would have been in a world of trouble before it got to the ground, he'd probably get KO'd standing.

The point is UFC HW is at worse state than probably in over 15 years. Im tired of people ignoring that when they worship Stipe. Some fans understand it, but MMA media completely ignores it and calls Stipe the greatest UFC HW ever when in reality he is not.

And I'm saying Werdums would have been in a world of trouble before it got to the ground, he'd probably get KO'd standing.
Werdum is crafty enough to beat sylvia. Hed have an easier time than nog probably

I dont understand how anyone with eyes could disagree after watching that fight last night. Sylvia would have KOd both of those gassed zombies inside two round.

As a Tim hater(Well, hate is a strong word for that awkward oaf, more pity than hate really) I have to agree.

He knew how to use his length and was stronger in the clinch than both men. He would have either knocked them both out unceremoniously or gotten another boring decision that he was famous for.

Disgusting state of HW right now. It's still the same story it has always been with UFC heavyweight...They have a couple big dogs with the rest of the best HWs outside the UFC. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Didnt get to see the fight yet,so i cant comment specifically on that fight,but for sure he is slowing down.

I was never a big Tim fan, so trust me when I say the Werdum we saw lastnight would have been shat on by a prime Tim... It did not look good in there.

The point is UFC HW is at worse state than probably in over 15 years. Im tired of people ignoring that when they worship Stipe. Some fans understand it, but MMA media completely ignores it and calls Stipe the greatest UFC HW ever when in reality he is not.

Probably because its not accurate. Look at some of the names arlovski and Sylvia fought for the title. Seriously. Come back and tell mw again how stipe has it easy.

Probably because its not accurate. Look at some of the names arlovski and Sylvia fought for the title. Seriously. Come back and tell mw again how stipe has it easy.

Watch that fight last night and come back to tell how Sylvia, Couture, Mir, Barnett and some other top HWs from the old era would not have destroyed both Werdum and Volkov easily. If you cant see how horrible sloppy, stiff, gassed and low level that Werdum vs Volkov fight was then I cant help you.

Watch that fight last night and come back to tell how Sylvia, Couture, Mir, Barnett and some other top HWs from the old era would not have destroyed both Werdum and Volkov easily. If you cant see how horrible sloppy, stiff, gassed and low level that Werdum vs Volkov fight was then I cant help you.

Haven't seen it yet but the era your saying is so much better had justin eilers, paul beuntello, jeff monson and a few others contend. Stipe on the other hand has defended against jds, overeem, and ngannou. I think this era is def comparable and not worse like you said.

Haven't seen it yet but the era your saying is so much better had justin eilers, paul beuntello, jeff monson and a few others contend. Stipe on the other hand has defended against jds, overeem, and ngannou. I think this era is def comparable and not worse like you said.

<bball1>

Prime Tim was on steroids(he popped for them) and no usada was around. And still both Werdum and especially Volkov in 2018 would destroy him.

..and not just beaten but dominated. That was two of the top contenders at HW in 2018, embarrasing. Stipe is so lucky to be the only top HW in his prime in this era, thats the only reason he is dominating.

Discuss.

add-dislike-button-your-facebook-page.w1456.jpg

I think both would be good fights. People bring up Tim using juice pre USADA...but don't factor in the other tradeoffs that come with being in a different era.

Tim was a beast when MFS was arguably the best camp around. Put 2007 Tim at modern day Jackson's or AKA and he has potential.

Don't forget that Tim was one of the first elite heavyweights to truly embrace the jab and use his reach. Unfortunately the bulk of his style just didn't mesh well with it.

Sylvia is about as athletic as my left nut

Back