POWER RANGERS Movie (Features First Gay Character; First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldfinger_by_Gert_Fr%C3%B6be.jpg

Should've named him fondue.

The OG Goldar was kinda scary to me back in the kid days. They fucked up.

latest

They're seriously taking this alien aesthetic way too far, where nothing even remotely resembles the source material. I always loved Goldar because he had this sphinx-like Egyptian aesthetic to him. This is inexcusable.

Update: December 19, 2016

First Look at Goldar Action Figure from POWER RANGERS Movie

powerrangersmoviegoldar-1-219067.jpg

powerrangersmoviegoldar-3-219065.jpg

powerrangersmoviegoldar-4-219064.jpg

powerrangersmoviegoldar-5-219063.jpg

Power Rangers: First Look at Goldar in Movie Reboot

As much of a fan I am of power rangers and the fact saban has the rights to it, you would think they would keep some originality nostalgia with some updated minor details. I was patient with the alien aesthetic.

But it went to far with Goldar whose suppose to look like a menacing man beast that had an egyptian aesthetic.

WTF is that^^^^^^^^^^^. Thats not fukking goldar.

Thats like me as a kid asking my parents to get me a goldar figure as but instead got some dollar store knock off gold alien figure

He looks like dany's crappy brother in season 1 of GOT when he gets a new crown.

Should've named him fondue.

TheOG Goldar was kinda scary to me back in the kid days. They fucked up.

latest

This look still lives up to this day. Cant believe they arent using it.

^ I was thinking the same. Just toss some cgi for the face to make it more expressive, and use better materials to make the armor and you've got it. Instead they got rid of the face completely. Maybe he'll look better in the movie, but I get the impression he won't even have a voice or be much of a character.

Update: December 19, 2016

Lionsgate and BOOM Studios Announce POWER RANGERS Sequel Comic Book

From the publisher of the critically acclaimed Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comic series comes an original story set in the universe of the upcoming Power Rangers feature film. This explosive, all-new tale picks up immediately after the events of Lionsgate’s highly anticipated movie, in theaters March 24, 2017. See the film, then deep dive into the continued adventures of Jason, Kimberly, Trini, Zack, and Billy! Written by Ryan Parrott (Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, Batman: Gates of Gotham) and illustrated by artist Lucas Werneck. Features an exclusive Previews cover edition by Greg Smallwood (Moon Knight) available only through your local comic book shop!

rangers1.jpg

rangers2.jpg

New Look At The POWER RANGERS Movie Revealed On Cover Of Graphic Novel Sequel

They should probably wait to see if this tanks. Sure it'll make 400 mill on nostalgia alone but if it sucks it'll take a huge hit. See DC, Ninja Turtles, etc.

It takes a special kind of person to come up with worse designs then a 90's tv show

I hope Goldar doesn't look like Horus from Gods of Egypt.

Gods-of-Egypt-The-Journey-Begins-Trailer-Music.jpg

powerrangersmoviegoldar-3-219065.jpg
Good point but the goldar as of now looks like hes melting.

As long he still has that dog like or lion face like with his armour. I'm all good.

Yup, as I feared, they fucked it up royally.

That pretty much defines what this movie is. One giant ass colossal fuck up. Literally every single thing is wrong.

Well, I suppose they used the correct colors, same as were used in the series, but outside of getting the five colors right......that's about it. Frankly though, I'm surprised they even managed to succeed at that. Red, Yellow, Blue, Pink, and Black. That's a lot not to fuck up.

Update: December 22, 2016

New International Trailer for POWER RANGERS Movie

International trailer is much better than the US trailer IMO. I like the music they used, it's heroic and inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back