POWER RANGERS Movie (Features First Gay Character; First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: December 11, 2016

New Details on Goldar, Zeo Crystal, Putties and More in POWER RANGERS

Goldar-Power-Rangers-121116-Dragonlord.jpg

- Goldar's molecular essence is scattered around the globe after he was vaporized into a cloud of microscopic gold particles in the opening action sequence on Ancient Earth. Rita Repulsa collects gold to resurrect Goldar... and the Rangers have just 71 hours to stop her.

- The Zeo Crystal is protected by a force field. Anything that comes in contact with it is vaporized. Goldar was created with a single purpose -- to penetrate the force field and steal the crystal.

- The Zeo Crystal is an artifact that channels the Morphing Grid -- a dimension that weaves through all things and what gives the "Power Rangers" their power. The crystal was hidden on Earth to keep it out of the hands of those who would use it as a weapon.

- Rita Repulsa has been trying to deliver the Zeo Crystal to her master, Lord Zedd, for a long time. It would make quite a statement, as he burned half his face off trying to steal it himself.

- Rangers are drawn from the free planets. They're the best and most disciplined, having been chosen from billions and taught from the time they were children.

- Elizabeth Banks' Rita Repulsa is 65 million years old and is a former Green Ranger gone rogue.

- Bryan Cranston's Zordon was the original Red Ranger millions of years ago, long before being transformed into a state of pure energy.

- Bill Hader's Alpha 5 is a robot with a supple metallic body and is able to mutate into different designs to maximize his role.

- The new costumes have ditched the all-Spandex look of the originals for a more tactical body armor appearance.

- Putties will make an appearance in "Power Rangers" in a scene where Rita Repulsa is trying to steal gold bullion from the Central Bank of Russia. Five Putties made of stone in a later scene challenge the Rangers.

- Director Dean Israelite shot a massive amount of action coverage on "Power Rangers," breaking the record for the most dailies three days in a row.

- Anyone who grew up in the ‘90s knows the "Power Rangers" theme song. In the most recent trailer, an updated version for the next film can be heard in the closing moments.

New Details on Goldar, Zeo Crystal, Rita Repulsa, Putties and More from the 'Power Rangers' Movie

Was rita and zordon being the original rangers canon?

Why does Rita need gold? Is she going to bribe the Rangers?

Update: December 11, 2016

New Details on Goldar, Zeo Crystal, Putties and More in POWER RANGERS

Goldar-Power-Rangers-121116-Dragonlord.jpg

- Goldar's molecular essence is scattered around the globe after he was vaporized into a cloud of microscopic gold particles in the opening action sequence on Ancient Earth. Rita Repulsa collects gold to resurrect Goldar... and the Rangers have just 71 hours to stop her.

- The Zeo Crystal is protected by a force field. Anything that comes in contact with it is vaporized. Goldar was created with a single purpose -- to penetrate the force field and steal the crystal.

- The Zeo Crystal is an artifact that channels the Morphing Grid -- a dimension that weaves through all things and what gives the "Power Rangers" their power. The crystal was hidden on Earth to keep it out of the hands of those who would use it as a weapon.

- Rita Repulsa has been trying to deliver the Zeo Crystal to her master, Lord Zedd, for a long time. It would make quite a statement, as he burned half his face off trying to steal it himself.

- Rangers are drawn from the free planets. They're the best and most disciplined, having been chosen from billions and taught from the time they were children.

- Elizabeth Banks' Rita Repulsa is 65 million years old and is a former Green Ranger gone rogue.

- Bryan Cranston's Zordon was the original Red Ranger millions of years ago, long before being transformed into a state of pure energy.

- Bill Hader's Alpha 5 is a robot with a supple metallic body and is able to mutate into different designs to maximize his role.

- The new costumes have ditched the all-Spandex look of the originals for a more tactical body armor appearance.

- Putties will make an appearance in "Power Rangers" in a scene where Rita Repulsa is trying to steal gold bullion from the Central Bank of Russia. Five Putties made of stone in a later scene challenge the Rangers.

- Director Dean Israelite shot a massive amount of action coverage on "Power Rangers," breaking the record for the most dailies three days in a row.

- Anyone who grew up in the ‘90s knows the "Power Rangers" theme song. In the most recent trailer, an updated version for the next film can be heard in the closing moments.

New Details on Goldar, Zeo Crystal, Rita Repulsa, Putties and More from the 'Power Rangers' Movie

This is awesomely , shamelessly nerdy , I approve.

Was rita and zordon being the original rangers canon?
I don't think Rita and Zordon were Rangers in ancient times in the TV series. I'm not an expert on Power Rangers, so I might be wrong on that.

I don't think Rita and Zordon were Rangers in ancient times in the TV series. I'm not an expert on Power Rangers, so I might be wrong on that.

Im gonna do my research and find out with the japanese series.

There was never really a origin story for zordon and rita (other than being locked up for 10,000 years) as far as we know in north america so I dont mind something new in regards to their past.

- Goldar's molecular essence is scattered around the globe after he was vaporized into a cloud of microscopic gold particles.

- The Zeo Crystal is an artifact that channels the Morphing Grid.

- Rangers are taught from the time they were children.

- Rita Repulsa is 65 million years old and is a former Green Ranger.

- Zordon was the original Red Ranger millions of years ago.

- Alpha 5 is able to mutate into different designs

what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.jpg

Probably a post credits teaser for the sequel imo.

nah, green ranger has to happen before zedd

edit: take that back and read the long ass post of shit in the movie. they should stuck with the goldar macguffin and left out anything with the green ranger and zedd, and especially zeo.

Well, it's not much better, but it is an improvement. It better have a cool-ass transformation sequence with a rockin' theme song:

Power Rangers after Season 3 was utter shit.

as much as i'd like to see a cool robot combination sequence, they'll probably do it only once if at all. the voltron show (not the netflix one, but the one that came up a few years ago) actually shat on the idea of these minute long combniation with enemies just walking. i can easily see this movie doing the same thing with the more "gritty" and angsty feel to it

There was a fan film someone made on YouTube that has a lot of parallels with this. Basically, Zordon was the caretaker of the power coins and was the original white ranger. Rita and her brother Rito were leaders of the Dragon Empire who were in control of the green power coin and dragonzord before getting defeated by the Machine Empire.

Here's the film for anyone interested. A lot of Easter eggs show up from the different series' throughout the years.

There was a fan film someone made on YouTube that has a lot of parallels with this. Basically, Zordon was the caretaker of the power coins and was the original white ranger. Rita and her brother Rito were leaders of the Dragon Empire who were in control of the green power coin and dragonzord before getting defeated by the Machine Empire.

Here's the film for anyone interested. A lot of Easter eggs show up from the different series' throughout the years.

This actually wasn't half bad. Obviously the VFX were lacking, but the plot/story was interesting.

This actually wasn't half bad. Obviously the VFX were lacking, but the plot/story was interesting.

It had a Star Wars vibe to be sure. Some of the acting was cringeworthy, but i liked how they built up the power coins and. Zords, along with the portrayal of Rita and her motives. Also made the Machine Empire as powerful as they were supposed to be in the series and that other short film from a couple years ago. Chick that played Divatoxx had a nice rack so that was a bonus.

Wow, that is just...bad. Completely bad. I can understand they don't want things to look cheesy or look exactly like they did in the 90's, but c'mon that is just horrible.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH...... Come on... I hope thats an unfinished toy that didn't get to the last stage of detailing yet.

Who's idea was this????

giphy.gif

Wow, that is just...bad. Completely bad. I can understand they don't want things to look cheesy or look exactly like they did in the 90's, but c'mon that is just horrible.
Literally looks like melting cheese

Man, that is so fuckin dumb lol
And why in gods name would something made of gold have wings. Gold is heavy as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back