POWER RANGERS Movie (Features First Gay Character; First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least this look closer to the source material. For what it's worth.

Eh.. so so I was expecting dog crap and we get a so so, I guess it's decent-ish for what they are going for and the nostalgia factor.

Also she would destroy "EVERYTHING" xd

I feel the giant robot thing was done way better a few years ago with Pacific Rim.

The trailer looked far less shitty than what I was expecting.

I'm not saying its good, just not the steaming pile of dog shit I was anticipating.

Lose the Kanye West song, and the trailer would be upgraded to 'not bad.'

OMG that looks so bad ass.

Love that they joke on "We're Power Rangerz?" haha...

Best think I waz hoping for is that they didn't have those cheap disney land character suits for the bad guyz like they have in the series. This movie has top quality looking bad guyz & I'm super stoked for the movie now.

Trailer looks good. I'm not sure how anyone who grew up with the series can say otherwise. Watched it as a kid and loved it. My son watches power rangers now... never realized how god awful it really was. Anyone claiming this trailer looks worse than the original material it's based on is smoking something.

The toys were not lying. Not one bit. Everything looks like shit. Even the black ranger joke fell flat.

I've never done such a 180 from the 1st trailer to the 2nd trailer.

Whoever edited the 1st trailer should get an award , this one looks bad.

wow sounds like a lot of people hated it

i dunno i kinda liked it, i will remain cautiously optimistic

definitely bringing my son out to see it

trailer looks better than anything Power Rangers related has any right to be.

Honestly, the giant robots make it hard for me to say no. I was a major fan of the original show back in 2nd and 3rd grade so if this gets even middling reviews I'll have to go see it.

@shadow_priest_x Have you seen the full trailer yet (OP or post #694), what did you think?

(I wasn't able to tag you earlier. I mistakenly used the comic book movie list instead of the Power Rangers list)

@shadow_priest_x Have you seen the full trailer yet (OP or post #694), what did you think?

(I wasn't able to tag you earlier. I mistakenly used the comic book movie list instead of the Power Rangers list)

Okay, thanks for the heads up. Just watched it.

I think I was probably more positive on the teaser than I am on this trailer, but I'm going to give the movie a chance. It's not really the Power Rangers that we all grew up with, but then again, after seeing the movies that WERE the Power Rangers we grew up with that may actually be a positive thing. Because those movies really were NOT good.

Like I said earlier, this strikes me as a mash-up of Power Rangers and Chronicle, but that sounds like an interesting combination to me.

The teaser trailer was definitely better than the full trailer. But as others have said, it still looks pretty good considering that it's based on the silly kiddie show.

I just wished some of the designs were better - the Zords, Megazord and Goldar (ugh).

I am shocked so many of you liked the trailer. Movie looks like an absolute pile of shit and the music playing during the trailer gave me the impression this movie is more for 16 year olds. I guess it is a movie about the Power Rangers in all fairness.. so can't complain about it being for kids lol.

Not sold. B-level acting. B-level storyline. B-level action scenes. There's a reason it's opening in March and not in the real movie blockbuster season. This will have a monster opening weekend, despite horrible reviews. Then the second week numbers will be absolutely abysmal. At the end of 2017, it will go on the years biggest flops list. Also, it's going to hit Elizabeth Bank's career pretty hard, but she will be forgiven because she is attractive and funny.

The morphin' sequence needs to be the same as the old show, including the dramatic posing and corny one liners, dammit!

It's still awesome.

New trailer dropped earlier.

embarrased.gif

Vastly more interesting than anything I've seen about the new film....

It's too bad she's gone. She seemed like such an amazing person.

Last edited:
How come the first Power Rangers movie gets so much hate? I thought it was pretty good for what it was.

The trailer looked far less shitty than what I was expecting.

I'm not saying its good, just not the steaming pile of dog shit I was anticipating.

Lose the Kanye West song, and the trailer would be upgraded to 'not bad.'

The first trailer gave me goosebumps. It didnt reveal alot and it kept me anxious.

This trailer revealed too much. Now it isnt as thrilling but i'll see it anyway for the sake of growing up to the original PR.

I'm just hoping this wont be as bad as dragonball evolution or your typical straight to dvd CGI fest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back