POWER RANGERS Movie (Features First Gay Character; First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police just release a picture of the weapon used.

images

The other power rangers talked that life. This guy lives it.

Sometimes I really miss sherdog. Mostly for stuff like that

Update: February 24, 2015

Gritty POWER RANGERS Short Film Starring Katee Sackhoff

Power-Rangers-Short-Film-022415-Dragonlord.jpg

Remember how Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers starred a cast of plucky "teenagers with attitude" pulled into a zany war with a space witch and an evil emperor with no skin? What if you took that core concept and transformed those same teens into costumed child soldiers dragged into a bloody intergalactic war they had no real part in? That's what producer Adi Shankar has done with his latest over-the-top short Power/Rangers, and, despite looking like a Michael Bay movie, it somehow manages to set a high bar for the upcoming Power Rangers film.

Power/Rangers stars Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff as former Pink Ranger Kimberly Hart and Dawson's Creek's James Van Der Beek as former Red Ranger you completely forgot Rocky DeSantos. Set in a dark future after the Machine Empire took over the planet, Rocky has since betrayed his former teammates to join forces with the machines. Filmed by "Blank Space" director Joseph Kahn, the 14-minute short shows what became of all the rangers in the years since the takeover, and their future is an extremely violent and tragic one, as even their incredible powers and Zords can't save them.

Watch a 'Power Rangers' Fan-Made Short Film Starring Katee Sackhoff, James Van Der Beek

Update: February 24, 2015

Gritty POWER RANGERS Short Film Starring Katee Sackhoff

Power-Rangers-Short-Film-022415-Dragonlord.jpg

Remember how Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers starred a cast of plucky "teenagers with attitude" pulled into a zany war with a space witch and an evil emperor with no skin? What if you took that core concept and transformed those same teens into costumed child soldiers dragged into a bloody intergalactic war they had no real part in? That's what producer Adi Shankar has done with his latest over-the-top short Power/Rangers, and, despite looking like a Michael Bay movie, it somehow manages to set a high bar for the upcoming Power Rangers film.

Power/Rangers stars Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff as former Pink Ranger Kimberly Hart and Dawson's Creek's James Van Der Beek as former Red Ranger you completely forgot Rocky DeSantos. Set in a dark future after the Machine Empire took over the planet, Rocky has since betrayed his former teammates to join forces with the machines. Filmed by "Blank Space" director Joseph Kahn, the 14-minute short shows what became of all the rangers in the years since the takeover, and their future is an extremely violent and tragic one, as even their incredible powers and Zords can't save them.

[YT]vw5vcUPyL90[/YT]

Power Rangers Short Starring Katee Sackhoff, James Van Der Beek

Wow that actually looks great. Would love to see a full length version.

Laughing my ass off at that gritty power rangers spoof. Would watch a full movie.

^^ that was awesome.

Enjoy it when stories age with the audience.

Lol! Would watch. Need more sparks though.

wow.

i thoroughly enjoyed that and i HATED the power rangers.

Everything is "gritty" now. I can't wait for a gritty version of the smurfs and then maybe Social Justice Rambo. The time is now!

meh. 6.5/10. extra half point for the production quality. still better than the abomination that was that Mortal Kombat web series.

I think concepts like this play out so well in short versions. this and the mortal Kombat short a few years ago were great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back