POWER RANGERS Movie (Features First Gay Character; First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: July 20, 2014

POWER RANGERS Movie Will Exist in Continuity with TV Series

Power-Rangers-072014-Dragonlord.jpg

Executive producer Roberto Orci: "One of the first things we did was learn and read... They have 600 pages of research that they have on their stuff. We read through the synopsis of everything they did and we are actually taking into account quite a bit of the canon in a real way. We're not just a leave it behind reboot. It's got a continuity within the world. I can't tell you what, but it does have a continuity. [Haim] Saban cares very much about that. This is something that he created."

"I had to go to his house, personally, to tell him, "Listen, I'm your man. Miller and Stenz, these are your guys. I promise you I won't ruin your franchise." And he said, "It's very important to me, because kids around the world know what the Power Rangers are. So you can't just come in here and walk all over it. It better be consistent with what I've been doing." And I said, "Yes sir!""

When asked about the possibility of cameo appearance by the original cast members, Orci replied: "Of course. That's something we want to rely on the Saban group to tell us. They have a lot of internal knowledge of their franchise and we're just learning now. We've seen it only as fans, but they actually know it inside and out, so I'd love to know what fans want to see."

Power Rangers Movie Will Exist with TV Series; Possible Appearance by Original Cast

Update: August 13, 2014

POWER RANGERS Gets a Release Date and Official Synopsis

Power-Rangers-Megaforce-081314-Dragonlord.jpg

Lionsgate has set the Power Rangers movie release date for July 22, 2016, officially scheduling morphin' time for just over two years from now. The film doesn't yet have a director let alone a cast, but X-Men: First Class screenwriters Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz were tasked with penning the script a month ago, and Roberto Orci (Star Trek) boarded the project as executive producer.

Story details are non-existent at this point, but Orci recently revealed that Power Rangers is not a "leave it behind reboot", adding that the film will exist in continuity with the TV series. The question then is, which TV series? Power Rangers began in 1993 on Fox and has aired a total of 20 seasons thus far, going through a number of different incarnations of the core Rangers.

Synopsis: From a story by Executive Producer Roberto Orci (Transformers, Star Trek, The Amazing Spider-Man 2) and screenwriters Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class, Thor) comes a modern reinvention of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a group of ordinary high school kids who find themselves infused with extraterrestrial powers and must harness those powers as a team to save the world.

Power Rangers Movie Release Date Set for July 22, 2016; Official Synopsis Revealed

Power Rangers use to be the shit. They should let it die.
Along with Ninja Turtles.

Live Action Ren and Stimpy would be so fucking Trippy

This should at least beat out Ninja Turtles in comparison. Haven't been watching that since I was a kid but it's a franchise I actually don't mind continually surviving and not being axed.

Update: September 19, 2014

Roberto Orci Exits POWER RANGERS Due to STAR TREK 3

Roberto-Orci-Power-Rangers-Dragonlord.jpg

Star Trek and The Amazing Spider-Man co-writer Roberto Orci has dropped out of Lionsgate and Saban's upcoming Power Rangers film because his Star Trek 3 directing obligation has created a scheduling conflict, Deadline reports.

Orci, who will no longer serve as an executive producer on the film, had been expected to oversee the script by X-Men: First Class and Thor writers Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz. He also recently stepped away from Sony's Spider-Man franchise after a break with his longtime writing partner Alex Kurtzman, who remains involved with The Amazing Spider-Man.

Lionsgate and Haim Saban still hope to release Power Rangers on July 22, 2016 in spite of the loss of Orci. Star Trek 3 is expected in theaters in 2016 in order to take advantage of the fiftieth anniversary of the franchise's launch.

Roberto Orci Drops Out of Power Rangers To Work on Star Trek 3

Excited at the prospect of jerking off to the new pink ranger.

Excited at the prospect of jerking off to the new pink ranger.

dude she was hawt in mighty morphin

rXctj_9506.jpg

also did u guys know that rita repulsa became good?!?

it blew my mind

Mysticmommy.jpg

dude she was hawt in mighty morphin

rXctj_9506.jpg

also did u guys know that rita repulsa became good?!?

it blew my mind

Mysticmommy.jpg

WHAT?! She became good?! What's the story behind that?

And yeah, Kimberly was FINE!!!

WHAT?! She became good?! What's the story behind that?

And yeah, Kimberly was FINE!!!

do u care about spoilers? il just put spoiler tags

basically zordon was destroyed in power rangers in space but his good essence destroyed all the evil energies in the world changing rita and zedd human. rita apparently was a sorceress who got her powers back eventually and used it to serve good. she became the mystic mother

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Rita_Repulsa

I've seen some of the eps of the newer batches of Power Rangers, most were terrible. Power Rangers in space was pretty kewl though.

Rita being good is terrible too.

Update: February 1, 2015

POWER RANGERS Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Arrested for Murder

Ricardo-Medina-Jr-Power-Rangers-Dragonlord.jpg

Power Rangers actor Ricardo Medina Jr. was arrested for murder Saturday in Palmdale, Calif., The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The victim has been identified as Medina's roommate, 36-year-old Joshua Sutter. Sutter and Medina, also 36, were allegedly involved in an argument that turned physical, according to the Los Angeles Sheriff Department.

Police say that Medina entered his bedroom with his girlfriend and closed the door, and when Sutter forced his way into the room, Medina stabbed him once in the abdomen with a sword. Medina dialed 911 and later spoke to detectives at the scene. Medina has been booked for murder and is still being held in jail, with bail set at $1 million.

Medina played the Red Wild Force Ranger on Power Rangers Wild Force in 2002 and the villainous Deker on Power Rangers Samurai. He was a contestant on 2005's VH1 show Kept, in which he competed for the affections of Jerry Hall.

'Power Rangers Wild Force' Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Arrested for Murder - THR

I bet that Roomie was actually a shape changed lackie of whatever villain is currently in charge of all the evil doings.

do u care about spoilers? il just put spoiler tags

basically zordon was destroyed in power rangers in space but his good essence destroyed all the evil energies in the world changing rita and zedd human. rita apparently was a sorceress who got her powers back eventually and used it to serve good. she became the mystic mother

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Rita_Repulsa

Seems pretty gay. Like the ultimate deux ex machina. Why didn't he just do that from the very beginning?

Also, MMPR was awesome, and I enjoyed Zeo, but it just got really gay after that. Like really really gay. Dino Thunder was decent, because of Tommy, but otherwise, outside of MMPR and Zeo (and Dino) it was pretty awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back