POWER RANGERS Movie (Features First Gay Character; First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came to this forum specifically to see if this was being discussed. As someone who grew up on the original Power Rangers, I loved it. I wish they'd make it into a full length film.

That was pretty good. Power Rangers was my show back in the day. So much nostalgia.

meh. 6.5/10. extra half point for the production quality. still better than the abomination that was that Mortal Kombat web series.

You seem cynical and jaded. The MK web series was pretty good, especially for a relatively unproven director with a small budget.

Update: February 24, 2015

Gritty POWER RANGERS Short Film Starring Katee Sackhoff

Power-Rangers-Short-Film-022415-Dragonlord.jpg

Remember how Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers starred a cast of plucky "teenagers with attitude" pulled into a zany war with a space witch and an evil emperor with no skin? What if you took that core concept and transformed those same teens into costumed child soldiers dragged into a bloody intergalactic war they had no real part in? That's what producer Adi Shankar has done with his latest over-the-top short Power/Rangers, and, despite looking like a Michael Bay movie, it somehow manages to set a high bar for the upcoming Power Rangers film.

Power/Rangers stars Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff as former Pink Ranger Kimberly Hart and Dawson's Creek's James Van Der Beek as former Red Ranger you completely forgot Rocky DeSantos. Set in a dark future after the Machine Empire took over the planet, Rocky has since betrayed his former teammates to join forces with the machines. Filmed by "Blank Space" director Joseph Kahn, the 14-minute short shows what became of all the rangers in the years since the takeover, and their future is an extremely violent and tragic one, as even their incredible powers and Zords can't save them.

[YT]vw5vcUPyL90[/YT]

Power Rangers Short Starring Katee Sackhoff, James Van Der Beek

As a former MMPR fan, this was awesome. I just wish they would have gotten the original actors and/or they're likeness for the parts. Especially Jason David Frank. Was extremely bummed he wasn't in.

Awesome to see Dawson though.

I've always wondered if the initial plan was to make the Green Ranger the leader of the group or if that was changed due to Tommy's popularity. Dude practically made the Red Ranger irrelevant from the get-go.

As a former MMPR fan, this was awesome. I just wish they would have gotten the original actors and/or they're likeness for the parts. Especially Jason David Frank. Was extremely bummed he wasn't in.
Yea, this seems like something JDF would have jumped at the opportunity to be in.

tommy.gif

wow that was really good. In what series did the rangers fight a machine army though? i dont recall that from the tv show.

all alright that might be a bit past my time. The last one i remember watching was the one when they're on that space station after earth blows up.

That's either Power Rangers in Space or lost galaxy, but zeo was before those.

all alright that might be a bit past my time. The last one i remember watching was the one when they're on that space station after earth blows up.
You should remember it. It was right after MMPR.

I loved the movie that came out late 90's with the ooze and kids being hypnotized by the ooze.

Turbo was after Zeo. I stopped watching after that.

Looking back, has there ever been a more worthless ranger than the Yellow Ranger? Trini, Aisha, and Tanya were useless characters.

ya i remember now zeo had the gold ranger. So i guess i missed out on turbo. I saw some of the later reiterations and they looked kind of dumb. I like how they made billy gay in the short film, got a good chuckle out of that.

I think the first few seasons are on netflix, might have to check em out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back