Poll worthy: Old school barber or hot chick salon

I do my own hair because I'm lazy and cheap. Every two years or so I go to my mother's hair dresser.

But when I had an actual haircut I went to this super fabulous guy named Dennis. He was from Bosnia or something.

I only let black men cut my hair.

haha Russians, or people from the surrounding countries tend to dominate the business around these parts.

the hottest barber shop here is owned by people from Kazakhstan. the most popular barber there usually has lines of people waiting for him when he's in. he's super daring, where he gives you about 30% of his seriousness, but pulls off masterpiece haircuts. he'll use only one hand on the clipper, the other smoking a cigarette & his foot stepping on the seat pedal to spin you around so he doesn't have to move - all as he watches TV haha. he always closes with his finishing sentence "now ew lewk like parrrrty enimol".

my barber is a Tajikistan Jewish dude who is fucking hilarious. been going to him for a little over a decade. thing that sucks is that since I'm one of his favorite customers, he talks my ears off & a "should be 15 minute haircut" always ends up taking about an hour or so.

Haha not explosive, NTTAWWT
keyandpeelesubteachsonova_zpsm8p4qrph.gif

Yeah, that's what I have as well. I'll cut it, then cut it again the next day to get the stragglers. Except I can't line anything up in the back or around the ears very well.
Search for the Gillette Fusion Pro Glide Styler. It's great for around the ears and also great for the boys.

he talks my ears off & a "should be 15 minute haircut" always ends up taking about an hour or so.
Oh, you're definitely not explosive. You'd only trust an explosive barber, and an hour? A mere hour?

If you go to a black barber, appointment or not, you had better expect to be in there for hours. Literally half the day. It's like a total entertainment experience.

If you watch movies where you see a black barbershop and you see people flitting in and out, nonstop conversation, everyone watching tv... it's exactly like that. People will constantly be in and hour of the shop distracting the easily distracted barbers. My old one had two tvs set up so you could watch sports in one, and play a fucking X-box in another. Dudes would constantly try to sell their bootlegs. There would be some philosophical and deep conversation one minute, and some dude busting in the door blasting his mixtape he's selling for $3 the next.

Fun times.

Last edited:
I may try out both then make a decision
that is a correct thing to do.
I would stick to the one where you get best haircut for your dollar and don't give a flying fuck about place's image.

If they gave handjobs, they're fake korean salons & probably immigrants from china.

I do my own hair because I'm lazy and cheap. Every two years or so I go to my mother's hair dresser.

But when I had an actual haircut I went to this super fabulous guy named Dennis. He was from Bosnia or something.

So I used to go to a hot chick salon before I realized that a regular men's barber is the best place to go to. As a woman, they don't understand how your hair works best. As a man, if you do anything other than some type of fade or comb over, then you're a fruit. Since I do a fade, I just started doing my own hair one day. The first few times were a little rough looking, but after a few tries I really got the fade down pretty well. People think I go to a barber, but really I cut my hair with a pair of $40 clippers. I run a 5 on top and fade down to a 2 at the bottom.

It's super easy to cut your own hair well, and you'll save tons of money a year to do it yourself. If you have some sort of haircut that you can't do on your own, then you're doing too much and need to grow up.

Back