Poll worthy: Old school barber or hot chick salon

Old School barber is my choice. I go to a place that been in the same family for over 100 years. Get your happy ending elsewhere.

Well, I'm a man, so I'm not going to a goddamn "salon".

Both of those prices are ridiculous though. The place I go to is 17 bucks before factoring in a tip, and it looks better than a 50 dollar cut at some poofy place. Only downside is that I've never had less than a 90 minute wait, but at least they usually have good music playing, and they have an adorable little yappy dog running about.

I have dat old school barber. Dude thinks I'm an asshole but he cuts my hair like I'm royalty or some shit. He's one of those macho cowboy redneck types, and I always go in and ask for a eurofag style

tesla-boy.png

HAHA, hell yea to the "cuts your hair like royalty". I know the type. That guy has a crisp sheet ready to throw over you with a flare, he snaps the collar guard on like a boss. You can probably hear him getting his tools of the trade out and ready to go. Each clip of the scissors is quick, precise, decisive, sure of itself. Even when he turns the chair, its all about precision with these guys, one quarter turn to the right, 1 peddle up or down and then the precision cutting continues. That shit can be serious business to an old school barber.

tumblr_ljb5cxKqS11qixleeo1_500.gif

I've had bad barbers and bad hair-dressers cut my hair. I've also had good of both.

Now I go to an old barber. $9 for a cut. Less than 15 minutes, in and out, unless there is a line. Cut is always good.

Hairdressers tend to cost more. Worth it if they have big tits and rub them on you while shampooing your hair.

My hair stylist is a flaming homosexual but damn is he on point with my cut.

I used to go to an old barber but he kept screwing up my hair. Old guys lose their skills as they age and stop caring.

After upsetting my regular hair dresser, I am in the market for a new place. I am faced with two choices.

Option 1: there is an old school barber, with those old Italian guys, hot towels, and straight razors for the neck.

Option 2: a new hot chick salon popped up in my neighbourhood. Its that fancy latte drinking scalp massage place, but it does trade on hot 20s chicks, like the Hooters of salons.

I may try out both then make a decision.

For the poll: do you go to the Old School barber or the Hot Chick Salon?
Old school barber and you will never regret it.

Great point. I should have included price in the OP. Barber = $35 and salon = $50ish.

@Revolver does he sound poor? and can u make a poll for me?
The amount of money they charge for haircuts is ridiculous in hot chick salons.

You're basically paying $20 extra just to creepily stare at girls through the barber's mirror.

I actually cut my own hair every two weeks before getting ready for work. It takes ten minutes, is easy peasy, and no one can tell the difference. Those 50% explosive genes come in handy from time to time.

The mere fact that you created this thread means that you are not athletically explosive, and thus can't get away with my biweekly ritual.

Good lord!! $35.00 at the barber? You better be getting more then a haircut

old school barber.

I just pay 20 beans including tip, at least 30 beans during the holidays.
Explosives confirmed.

i started cutting my own hair. #3 all the way around.
I actually use a beard trimmer and put it to 1mm. It basically guarantees that I don't have any nicks and light spots. I then just use a straight razor to shape me up in the front. I have a natural fade in the back that I never need to touch.

barber is my choice. i get my hair cut by an old (60+) ukrainian woman.... does it just the way i like and her tits always drag my shoulder.

Explosives confirmed.

I actually use a beard trimmer and put it to 1mm. It basically guarantees that I don't have any nicks and light spots. I then just use a straight razor to shape me up in the front. I have a natural fade in the back that I never need to touch.

Haha not explosive, NTTAWWT

Explosives confirmed.

Yeah, that's what I have as well. I'll cut it, then cut it again the next day to get the stragglers. Except I can't line anything up in the back or around the ears very well.

Great point. I should have included price in the OP. Barber = $35 and salon = $50ish.

@Revolver does he sound poor? and can u make a poll for me?
35 bones for an old school barber? That's a lot. I go to a barber shop, but it has a mix of men and women who cut hair. I'll just go with whoever is available, though there's a single mom who is kind of a mess. She mumbles while she's cutting hair and i just say, "yeah" even though i have no idea what she's saying.

Hot chick salon and have the gay dude cut my hair.

I can't trust just anyone to cut this hair.

This. I always look for the trendy gay dude at the salon. The gays do it best.

Go with option one. Option 2 sounds nice but you don't want to run the risk of a gay guy cutting your hair.

Back