People used to tap to strikes in the old UFC all the time

I know all I need to know about you based on your posts here and based on how many people are calling you and ridiculing you.

That you think 'practicing' to quit to a choke, as someone above pointed out to you is somehow braver than reacting to being beaten to a head trauma injury shows how incredibly dumb you are.

Yes everyone knows over the last 15 years or so the danger of head trauma and the long term impact of too many punches to the head. You will hear so many fighters bring it up now, hockey players, football players etc.

That you still TODAY, in this day and age equate braveness with a willingness to just eat punches until you go unconscious because you think somehow living to fight another day and trying to minimize brain damage is not manly is the worst kind of stupid.

people know that for longer than 15 years. Heading the ball in soccer was linked to brain damage in the 80s by doctors....visit google scholar for a change.

Tapping to strikes is best I dont understand why stigma. Arms can be fixed brains don't fix. If anything, if you're tough you shouldnt tap to a kimura or whatever sub but always strikes.

No one is trying to ban football or boxing as these are adults choosing the sports, knowing the risks. Just like with MMA.

What they are trying to do EVERYWHERE is raise awareness and get fighters to not take unnecessary risks or damage. This is common across all contact sports now including MMA. They are educating the athletes to the risks and showing them other athletes with severe brain damage as an example.

That a tard like you still, IN THIS DAY AND AGE, thinks a fighter should just eat unnecessary punches to the head ignoring his future health and shortening his fighting career by damaging his 'chin' is a relic of a stupid idea that most people have got over but a few stupid ones still bring up.

NO FIGHTER, none, should willfully eat more shots to the head once he knows he is done and can no longer defend himself. Especially not in any attempt to prove to tards like you that he is your kind of manly.

who said anybody "is trying" to ban anything?

buddy, if you don't posses basic reading comprehension, don't barge into a conversation you were not invited to.

In blue: duh, everybody knows it. You brought nothing to the conversation.

In red: dumbass, read the original message. I agreed with your final message.

You are an arrogant disrespectful POS. Did I trigger you with the gif I posted in another message or what?

Tito Ortiz
Gary Goodridge
Shogun Rua
Igor Vovchanchyn
GSP
All middle of the road fighters except for gsp, but his rep will forever be tarnished by tapping to strikes. He also lacked grit and killer instinct another reason why he can't be considered one of the GOATs.

who said anybody "is trying" to ban anything?

buddy, if you don't posses basic reading comprehension, don't barge into a conversation you were not invited to.

In blue: duh, everybody knows it. You brought nothing to the conversation.

In red: dumbass, read the original message. I agreed with your final message.

You are an arrogant disrespectful POS. Did I trigger you with the gif I posted in another message or what?

You need to re-read and understand what you wrote before replying to me.

If we are serious about brain damage, we ban football and boxing before touching MMA. ..

My reply to this was perfectly appropriate. I was saying why they do not ban those sports and instead focus on education and rules to lessen injuries.

The was a real fear of being beaten to death.
Mark Coleman with head butts is no joke

You need to re-read and understand what you wrote before replying to me.

My reply to this was perfectly appropriate. I was saying why they do not ban those sports and instead focus on education and rules to lessen injuries.

You have consistently misrepresented and distorted everything I wrote, and appealed to a barrage of personal attacks, that I have no reason to trust you are interested in a decent conversation.

The UFC should create a policy that if you tap to strikes, you're cut.

No "fighter" taps to strikes. It's disgraceful. They should be forced to give up their purse, and their girlfriends/wives/daughters should become the property of whoever made them tap to strikes.

Am I doing this right??

You have consistently misrepresented and distorted everything I wrote, and appealed to a barrage of personal attacks, that I have no reason to trust you are interested in a decent conversation.
And you've shown no ability to form a decent conversation and a cowardly avoidance of owning your own words.

And you've shown no ability to form a decent conversation and a cowardly avoidance of owning your own words.

I own my own words. You didn't present anything to counter my points. You countered your misinterpretations of what I wrote, or you got triggered by another post I made in this thread. Then it's your own damn problem.

No "fighter" taps to strikes. It's disgraceful. They should be forced to give up their purse, and their girlfriends/wives/daughters should become the property of whoever made them tap to strikes.

Am I doing this right??
<Goldie11>

Am I doing this right??
Lol yes. In today's day and age with what athletes know about the long term effects of repetitive brain injuries fighters should buck up and be willing to eat as many punches as their consciousness will allow to appease some tards view of toughness.

But those guys practicing to tap to chokes everyday... Now those are the tough guys. Lol.

I laugh at the people who hate on fighters for tapping to strikes. It's proof these idiots have likely never even taken a single punch in the face before. Let's see how you react when you have a pro fighter on top of you cracking you in the face over and over and over. You'd all tap in seconds. Fake tough guys. I bet you're all too scared to fight anyway. Someone confronts you and you'd just make excuses not to fight them. "My mom needs my help at home" while you have tears in your eyes because you're scared. Idiots.

Then he went into "I'll fight anyone despite the fact Ik so shot my grandmother could knock me out" mode later on in his career and now can't remember what he had for breakfast and dribbles a lot.

Honestly, I'm over tapping to strikes, the same way I think it's fucking stupid not to tap to a sub... Much as I love to see bones popping and gruesome KOs.

When you're done you're done, and if the referee is not gonna save you from having to take a year out, I don't see the problem in taking the quick option, and not having to go through physio

I agree completely. Was just pointing out some of the weird submissions from Big Daddy, especially Submission - No Apparent Reason lol. His crucifix - elbows finish was still the craziest finish ever in my opinion, especially since the ref let it go on for so long. He also had a sick inverted full Nelson finish in IVC back in the day. It's sad listening to him speak these days.

I agree completely. Was just pointing out some of the weird submissions from Big Daddy, especially Submission - No Apparent Reason lol. His crucifix - elbows finish was still the craziest finish ever in my opinion, especially since the ref let it go on for so long. He also had a sick inverted full Nelson finish in IVC back in the day. It's sad listening to him speak these days.
Ya Goodridge is a sad case of what too much damage does to your brain.

Sadly we still have people like NotSoSure who will say Goodridge was quitter because he was not willing to just 'take another nap' in the fight he tapped in.

didnt shogun tap to strikes versus jones?
Yes

I laugh at the people who hate on fighters for tapping to strikes. It's proof these idiots have likely never even taken a single punch in the face before. Let's see how you react when you have a pro fighter on top of you cracking you in the face over and over and over. You'd all tap in seconds. Fake tough guys. I bet you're all too scared to fight anyway. Someone confronts you and you'd just make excuses not to fight them. "My mom needs my help at home" while you have tears in your eyes because you're scared. Idiots.

....you do know that adults don't go around fighting and so on right? You can get caught, arrested, have to pay a lawyer and so on....

I hope you meant fighting in a gym or something.

Ya Goodridge is a sad case of what too much damage does to your brain.

Sadly we still have people like NotSoSure who will say Goodridge was quitter because he was not willing to just 'take another nap' in the fight he tapped in.

Yes

Dumbass - you are an idiot. You just did not understand the sarcasm. And you replied to comment I made where I said the exact opposite of it, still antagonising me.

Shame.

My mom didn't need help at home! She needed help at work, duh! And I wasn't crying I had dust in my eyes.

Dumbass - you are an idiot. You just did not understand the sarcasm. And you replied to comment I made where I said the exact opposite of it, still antagonising me.

Shame.
haha.

I love that you are now trying to run away from your words and deny them by suggesting they were just sarcasm when everyone can read clearly your POV above.

I love when internet tough guys want to suggest professional fighters are weak because they won't just keep eating punches until they take a little 'nap', as if that 'nap' cannot carry with it the most severe type of repercussions possible particularly if the fighter is real tough and does not go unconsciously easily and that same internet tough guy wants to run from his own words.

Back