People talking like Rockhold is the uncrowned champ/world beater

Rockhold is a great fighter. I don't love the Yoel match up for him.

He's in a #1 contender fight after getting ktfo in the 1st round retiring for over a year and beating the like 10th ranked guy while all the real top contenders took fights and took eachother out, and you should go to a gym if you don't think boxing is that important when it comes to fighting lol

Retiring for over a year? He had Yoel, Gastelum, Whittaker, Weidman, and Anderson turn down the opportunity to fight him he couldn't get a fight bc they know he is dangerous.

I do go to a gym and never did I say boxing wasn't important in MMA. You're left grasping at straws.

How long are you going to ignore my recommendation to go to a gym you forum addicted MMA analyst wanna be? You dont know what youre talking about you don't even know boxing you idiot.

I think he just got lucky in the first fight.
Lucky through the hole fight...
or was it a lucky shot that got Luke on the second?

this is much like GSP and Serra. Lucky Serra caught GSP on the first fight, or lucky GSP that humiliated Serra on the second?

Lucky through the hole fight...
or was it a lucky shot that got Luke on the second?

this is much like GSP and Serra. Lucky Serra caught GSP on the first fight, or lucky GSP that humiliated Serra on the second?

Yes, because Serra was in the ufc for 15 years and has the record for most wins.

Serra and bisping are one and the same.

Longest finishing streak in MW history.

Beat Weidman when it mattered and outgrappled him as well.

Clearly took Bisping lightly and nobody would have picked Bisping for good reason had there been an immediate trilogy.

Thrashed Machida when it mattered.

Schooled Jacare and proved his conditioning.

Ran through Boestch and Costas like hot knife through butter like an elite fighter should.

Schooled a clearly juiced Kennedy proving his conditioning once again.

If he didn't flop against Mike he would be on an extremely impressive win streak and more than likely finish streak.

His game is basic but effective and vicious none the less.

Basically this. He got sloppy and paid for it. Other than that, he’s as elite a MW as we’ve ever seen, dick pill popper aside. Dude is gonna push Romero’s shit IN and remind everyone.

Retiring for over a year? He had Yoel, Gastelum, Whittaker, Weidman, and Anderson turn down the opportunity to fight him he couldn't get a fight bc they know he is dangerous.

I do go to a gym and never did I say boxing wasn't important in MMA. You're left grasping at straws.

How long are you going to ignore my recommendation to go to a gym you forum addicted MMA analyst wanna be? You dont know what youre talking about you don't even know boxing you idiot.
You lose the title you work your way back up, you don't just get to sit back, whine about how it was a fluke and fight a guy who should be fighting for the title and get back into contention immediately, especially not after a 1st round KO. Alright Mr know it all if you go to the gym you should know how important proper punching technique and hand defense is when it comes to fighting, both of which Luke is no good at. You're grasping at straws now, going as far to attempt to insult me all because your favorite fighter isn't a good boxer, lol

Thank you Vitor Belfort.... thank you very much

771919944.gif

He got knocked silly by Bisping and was getting walked down by David Branch. Easy money is on Yoel.

You lose the title you work your way back up, you don't just get to sit back, whine about how it was a fluke and fight a guy who should be fighting for the title and get back into contention immediately, especially not after a 1st round KO. Alright Mr know it all if you go to the gym you should know how important proper punching technique and hand defense is when it comes to fighting, both of which Luke is no good at. You're grasping at straws now, going as far to attempt to insult me all because your favorite fighter isn't a good boxer, lol

You wouldn't know a good boxer if he fed you a liver shot lol he got a title without knowing how to punch? Okay lol

Go to a gym. Before you do, learn how to use the term grasping at straws. Goodbye internet dweeb.

He got lazy against Bisping. We all know that. I like to think he beat Bisping again and then time froze itself with him as champion and yet here we are nearly two years later and he's still the man to beat.
I too also thought he just got lazy against bisping but after his fight with Branch and watching some of his other fights he does have problems when pressured into fight solely in boxing range and fighting going backwards. He is definitely elite though.

luike beat a bunch of badasses, finished most. great record. bispings fluke is really the only blemmish

Longest finishing streak in MW history.

Beat Weidman when it mattered and outgrappled him as well.

Clearly took Bisping lightly and nobody would have picked Bisping for good reason had there been an immediate trilogy.

Thrashed Machida when it mattered.

Schooled Jacare and proved his conditioning.

Ran through Boestch and Costas like hot knife through butter like an elite fighter should.

Schooled a clearly juiced Kennedy proving his conditioning once again.

If he didn't flop against Mike he would be on an extremely impressive win streak and more than likely finish streak.

His game is basic but effective and vicious none the less.

Such a good post until “A clearly juiced Kennedy”

He’s a white boy and he’s jacked, deal with it

yes, 3 KO losses ... but in 16 fights...
It seems it is not that much of a glass jaw.

Oh, BTW: if Romero wins, good for him (I am not that much of a Luke fan. I am simply not a blind hater).
He got KO'd by Bisping. A man who for his entire UFC career was hounded as having pillow hands.

It happened when Mike was at the end of his athletic prime and career.

How many other top 5 fighters has Bisping KO'd in his career with punches?

Luke is highly skilled in all areas of fighting save boxing that's a problem vs elite competition. Especially fighters with a power and speed advantage.

Luke's chin is suspect, his grappling is world class, his kicks are great but his hands are terrible to the point where he looks like he just started training boxing last week. He stands straight up and down and throws arm punches. And this is a guy who trains in the same gym as Velasquez and Cormier who both have solid boxing fundamentals(especially Cain). I just scratch my head when I see Rockhold punch.

Romero is a bad stylistic matchup for him. Weidman is a more durable fighter than Luke but could not stop from getting KO'd by Romero. MMA math doesn't always work. Luke could get the win but I'd put Romero at a 80/20 favorite.

Especially if he beats Yoel as well.
Romero beat all of those guys too. and 2 of them he beat so brutally, he took years off their lives.

I'd like to see Luke win, don't think its gonna happen unless age or USADA catches up with Romero.

He got KO'd by Bisping. A man who for his entire UFC career was hounded as having pillow hands.

It happened when Mike was at the end of his athletic prime and career.

How many other top 5 fighters has Bisping KO'd in his career with punches?

Luke is highly skilled in all areas of fighting save boxing that's a problem vs elite competition. Especially fighters with a power and speed advantage.

Luke's chin is suspect, his grappling is world class, his kicks are great but his hands are terrible to the point where he looks like he just started training boxing last week. He stands straight up and down and throws arm punches. And this is a guy who trains in the same gym as Velasquez and Cormier who both have solid boxing fundamentals(especially Cain). I just scratch my head when I see Rockhold punch.

Romero is a bad stylistic matchup for him. Weidman is a more durable fighter than Luke but could not stop from getting KO'd by Romero. MMA math doesn't always work. Luke could get the win but I'd put Romero at a 80/20 favorite.
Remember, Weidman did not get KO'd via a punch. he took a huge knee to the head.
Yoel is strong, but he is primary a wrestler.

I never said this is a walk in the park by luke. But I have to laugh at people claiming this will be a sure win for Yoel as well.
Both are great fighters.
the ONLY thing I dislike in this fight, is the fact that it was supposed to happen years ago, and we had to sit and wait for the Bisping (then GSP) Fiasco.

Back