People talking like Rockhold is the uncrowned champ/world beater

Results are all that matter, son.
thank you.
I fundamentally disagree.

Actually, life disagrees with you.
Some fighters won a lot more from a loss than from an easy win. More popularity, more respect, etc.

You are only looking at the results, and that is exactly because you know that looking at skills, Bisping got nothing on Luke.

Do you have the gifs of romero vs weidman? The one where he ktfo weidman and he didn't his back taken or put in a bad spot once?

I don't have gifs of entire rounds, aka losing, so no.

thank you.
I fundamentally disagree.

Actually, life disagrees with you.
Some fighters won a lot more from a loss than from an easy win. More popularity, more respect, etc.

You are only looking at the results, and that is exactly because you know that looking at skills, Bisping got nothing on Luke.

You sound like what’s her face from white men can’t jump. Lol.

And we aren’t talking about the philosophical aspect of life, we are talking about the count knocking Luke the fuck out. The result matters.

No one gives a shit if Luke, after getting the shit beat out of him, now stops at flea markets to look at art or stops to smell the roses—no one gives a shit. What we give a shit about is that he couldn’t defend his belt, got koed and lost his belt in the first round of his first defense.

And Luke didn’t come back after being all but retired by bisping to go on some tear. To the contrary, he was getting touched up by a ufc flunky.

And again you go back to skill. You seem inclined to over look the fact that bisping knocked him out.

You are of the view that there is never any skill in koing someone?

Lol at you. Luke losing shows how much skill he has, but mike koing Luke shows you how much skill Luke has?

You gotta get your shit figured out. You are losing the Forest through the trees here.

Lol you keep saying I'm emotional but you're so hung up on Luke you can't admit to the obvious flaws in his game

Where did I say he had good boxing?

Go to a gym internet dweeb. Learn some things. You have proven you don't know shit you just regurgitate stiff you read on the internet.

- Top 2 grappler in the division.
- Effective but basic striker from the outside. As long as he is disciplined enough to remain on the outside, which he usually is, then he can do some damage, although his weapons here only really consist of the left body kick, high kick, and check hook. He will occasionally throw other stuff but mostly as setups.
- Along with Weidman he is the biggest guy in the division.
- His cardio hasn't looked good since Strikeforce.
- Complete garbage in the pocket with WMMA level defense (nonexistent). This isn't just based on the Bisping rematch, watch the Machida fight too.

Where did I say he had good boxing?

Go to a gym internet dweeb. Learn some things. You have proven you don't know shit you just regurgitate stiff you read on the internet.
Well my point is that hes not championship caliber because he doesn't know what to do with his hands, dude has kickboxing punches if anything and does boxing sparring bare foot lol

I don't have gifs of entire rounds, aka losing, so no.
They were a round a piece going into the third. Weidman had more success in round 1 vs rockhold then in round 1 vs romero.

Rock was getting outstruck in the 3rd until the infamous back kick too

You sound like what’s her face from white men can’t jump. Lol.

And we aren’t talking about the philosophical aspect of life, we are talking about the count knocking Luke the fuck out. The result matters.

No one gives a shit if Luke, after getting the shit beat out of him, now stops at flea markets to look at art or stops to smell the roses—no one gives a shit. What we give a shit about is that he couldn’t defend his belt, got koed and lost his belt in the first round of his first defense.

And Luke didn’t come back after being all but retired by bisping to go on some tear. To the contrary, he was getting touched up by a ufc flunky.

And again you go back to skill. You seem inclined to over look the fact that bisping knocked him out.

You are of the view that there is never any skill in koing someone?

Lol at you. Luke losing shows how much skill he has, but mike koing Luke shows you how much skill Luke has?

You gotta get your shit figured out. You are losing the Forest through the trees here.

Sorry, I stopped reading after you tried and failed hard to claim that only results matter.
Yes, results matter.
But when discussing who is better than whom, HOW they got there and what they show DURING a fight matters more.

And overlooking someone and getting caught is not the same as being humiliated throughout the fight like Bisping was in their first fight.

And to this, you got nothing, that's why you try to concentrate only on results.

They were a round a piece going into the third. Weidman had more success in round 1 vs rockhold then in round 1 vs romero.

Rock was getting outstruck in the 3rd until the infamous back kick too

Is your point who Weidman was pieced up harder by? Because it's still Luke.

Both Romero and Rockhard took Weidman down at some point. Both were taken down by him at some point. The difference is that Romero scored some points for top control in an otherwise fairly even round while Luke almost put him in a body bag. Weidman's back mount went into an extended sub attempt from Rockhard - hardly a disaster. The moment Luke had top control the fight was over. Can't say the same for Gay Jesus.

It's a five round fight, something Luke is accustomed to and Romero barely has the tank for three. Your boy better throw everything he has inside the first fifteen minutes because if it goes to round 4 he's not going to have the energy to outgrapple Frank Trigg in a turtleneck and none of this will matter.

Last edited:
Is your point who Weidman was pieced up harder by? Because it's still Luke.

Both Romero and Rockhard took Weidman down at some point. Both were taken down by him at some point. The difference is that Romero scored some points for top control in an otherwise fairly even round while Luke almost put him in a body bag. Weidman's back mount went into an extended sub attempt from Rockhard - hardly a disaster. The moment Luke had top control the fight was over. Can't say the same for Gay Jesus.

It's a five round fight, something Luke is accustomed to and Romero barely has the tank for three. Your boy better throw everything he has inside the first fifteen minutes because if it goes to round 4 he's not going to have the energy to outgrapple Frank Trigg in a turtleneck and none of this will matter.
My point is you are vastly over stating Luke's advantage, if he even had one. You are acting like Luke dominated weidman, but he didn't. It was back and forth with a dominant finish.

You're also acting like romero just got a lucky ko in a fight he was losing. He wasn't losing he was 1-1 going into the third round where he is most dangerous historically.

Neither is "my boy" though you clearly have a hard on for luke.

I'm not a fan of either fighter but I know both are elite. Both top 3 or 4 at the worst. This is not an easy fight to call.

Rockhold -vs- Romero is a really fun and interesting matchup.

Luke is one of the best all around MMA adapted grapplers in the sport. People forget he was a high level JJ guy who learned to kick-box, not the other way around. I'm too lazy to look up the year but he was an IBJJF pan-am and worlds champion as a blue belt.

You end up with Luke on top of you and its a world of trouble.

Romero is a absolute freak athlete, highly skilled but his claim to fame is most definitely that explosive speed which brings crushing power along with it. For me, the question is when does he lose that edge? You only need 5% of your athletic gifts to slide back as you age to suddenly be 'normal' and the party is over.

Luke's edge: submissions from everywhere, top game, kicks, cardio.

Romero's edge: pure KO power, athleticism, wrestling, durability.

I don't like Luke's defense, I don't question his chin as much as others here so much as his willingness to get hit for no reason. He will enjoy a pretty substantial cardio advantage over Romero and his kicking game is there. I have a hard time picturing Romero wanting to be in Luke's guard for any amount of time, you are in danger on the ground with Luke unless he hurts him first.

Romero has that freaky power on his side and Luke has historically left his chin out there, hands down karate stance. If he shows up doing that, it could be a short night.

This is one of the best middleweight matchups we've seen in the last few years.

Sorry, I stopped reading after you tried and failed hard to claim that only results matter.
Yes, results matter.
But when discussing who is better than whom, HOW they got there and what they show DURING a fight matters more.

And overlooking someone and getting caught is not the same as being humiliated throughout the fight like Bisping was in their first fight.

And to this, you got nothing, that's why you try to concentrate only on results.

Ok.

Maybe you’re right.

I failed to mention that mike was a short notice replacement and he still koed Luke.

Yes, Luke is clearly head and shoulders better than bisping.

He got lazy against Bisping. We all know that. I like to think he beat Bisping again and then time froze itself with him as champion and yet here we are nearly two years later and he's still the man to beat.
Pretty sure Whittaker is the man to beat right now.

What people ?

Those who know what's up are favoring Gay Jesus.

Ok.

Maybe you’re right.

I failed to mention that mike was a short notice replacement and he still koed Luke.

Yes, Luke is clearly head and shoulders better than bisping.
And you are now trying to be dishonest.
If anything, this explains why Luke overlooked him.

because when BOTH had full camps, Luke humiliated Bisping everywhere.

Well my point is that hes not championship caliber because he doesn't know what to do with his hands, dude has kickboxing punches if anything and does boxing sparring bare foot lol

"Kickboxing punches" lmao

The former champion 1 fight ago who is fighting for his second world title isn't championship caliber. Lmao

Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. For the millionth time, go to a gym and educate yourself.

Romero's gonna KO him. Luke doesn't have the chin to go into deep waters with a guy who seems to improve in the latter part of a fight and retains his KO power.

"Kickboxing punches" lmao

The former champion 1 fight ago who is fighting for his second world title isn't championship caliber. Lmao

Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. For the millionth time, go to a gym and educate yourself.
He's in a #1 contender fight after getting ktfo in the 1st round retiring for over a year and beating the like 10th ranked guy while all the real top contenders took fights and took eachother out, and you should go to a gym if you don't think boxing is that important when it comes to fighting lol

And you are now trying to be dishonest.
If anything, this explains why Luke overlooked him.

because when BOTH had full camps, Luke humiliated Bisping everywhere.

I think he just got lucky in the first fight.

Back