People talking like Rockhold is the uncrowned champ/world beater

toronto1994

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Yeah he's tall, has a strong left kick, good grappling, and he beat the guy who beat the guy, but I dont understand everyone saying Mike hit the lottery or whatever, I guess people were writing Mike off based on their 1st fight but I think those 2 match up a lot closer than their results suggest. Just looking for some insight as to why people act like he's God sent, what do you know that I don't?

Exactly luke is good but he's no prime Tyson. He can get beat and did get beat, and he's gonna get beat.

Beating Jacare, Machida and Weidman is a legit resume.

He’s not godsent but he’s beat some great fighters. Why wouldn’t people think he’s elite? That’s a better question.

He got lazy against Bisping. We all know that. I like to think he beat Bisping again and then time froze itself with him as champion and yet here we are nearly two years later and he's still the man to beat.

He's pretty damned good. The Bisping loss was no fluke though. Most frustrating thing is 185 is stacked with talent for the first time in 185 history and we're getting about 1/3 of the fights we should be getting between these amazing guys like Jacare, Rockhold, Whittaker, Romero, Weidman, and fuck them for letting Moose go.

Longest finishing streak in MW history.

Beat Weidman when it mattered and outgrappled him as well.

Clearly took Bisping lightly and nobody would have picked Bisping for good reason had there been an immediate trilogy.

Thrashed Machida when it mattered.

Schooled Jacare and proved his conditioning.

Ran through Boestch and Costas like hot knife through butter like an elite fighter should.

Schooled a clearly juiced Kennedy proving his conditioning once again.

If he didn't flop against Mike he would be on an extremely impressive win streak and more than likely finish streak.

His game is basic but effective and vicious none the less.

Pictured: good grappling

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

2F54A25000000578-0-image-a-13_1449984872926.jpg

That was after working calmly out of a back mount and threatening with a guillotine. Against a 13-0 champion who had been wrecking everyone he touched.

That's not good. That's amazing. Yoel is losing this fight.

If you don't like Luke that's fine.

Think he an arrogant prick? Yep that's fine

Deny the guy is world class in mma??? That's just full retard.

Last edited:
Pictured: good grappling

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

2F54A25000000578-0-image-a-13_1449984872926.jpg

That was after working calmly out of a back mount and threatening with a guillotine. Against a 13-0 champion who had been wrecking everyone he touched.

That's not good. That's amazing. Yoel is losing this fight.

Yoel treated Weidman worse. Completely ragdolled him. He can do the same to Luke.

Yeah he's tall, has a strong left kick, good grappling, and he beat the guy who beat the guy, but I dont understand everyone saying Mike hit the lottery or whatever, I guess people were writing Mike off based on their 1st fight but I think those 2 match up a lot closer than their results suggest. Just looking for some insight as to why people act like he's God sent, what do you know that I don't?
he is simply the most skilled (current) MW fighter.

not unbeatable (as we saw), but obviously he got a lot more skills than Bisping.
the fact he overlooked him and paid the price does not change that fact.
We saw on their first fight that Luke beat Bisping everywhere, and that is why Bisping never allowed a rematch after his fluke win.

Fighters win and fighters lose. It happens.

I like Romero, but I think Rockhold's size advantage will be too much for him and Rockhold wins it.

Yoel treated Weidman worse. Completely ragdolled him. He can do the same to Luke.

lmao the fuck he did.

Romero had probably a couple minutes of top control he didn't do much with after losing the first round. He won with one crazy strike that was not in any way grappling based. Luke's top control over two rounds was the beating of a lifetime and Weidman has never looked the same since.

He prob means the part of the fight where Yoel flew into orbit while knocking Chris the fuck out.

Not Yoel arguably getting outpointed prior.

It's the AKA game plan. Get a big win. Do nothing for years. All anyone remembers is your big win. Then they call your first RD KO loss a fluke and pretend beating some run of the mill fighter is a great accomplishment. Instant title shot.

Back