Pearson vs Guillard : Illegal knees or not ?

This is a stupid rule.. Plus, that was the beginning of the end for Ross.. Melvin= robbed

1st one was legal, and I can't blame Guillard for the second one given that Ross was trying to exploit the rules.

Melvin won

Let's just say that

Fucking stupid

Technically illegal. But not breaking the "spirit of the rule."

One of those things a ref should yell warnings over.

Guillard looked like the better fighter already.

Peirsons fingers grazing the canvas saved him.

Illegal by the rulebook. Should be legal though, you can't touch the ground when someone is attacking and expect to be saved. You either keep it down, or keep it up. BJM would've let it slide.

legal

while hes throwing the second knee Ross puts his hand down.

This, so technically it IS illegal, even though I hate that rule and fighters use it to their advantage, Refs should not let them play that game, ala BelfortVsJJ. It was a good knee, but unfortunately by the defintion its illegal, although its stupid.

I agree with the NC

Please god let Machida Munox be a barnstormer. I don't want to have sat through these 2 last finishes for nothing.

Melvin was robbed

how dare fucking Pearson say he was iLlegally attacked

Fuck the British fans for booing

First one legal. When he started to throw it, knee was down but came up before contact. So bad intentions but not illegal.

Second one, probably technically illegal, but it's pretty close.

Being to put your hand down on the mat just so that your opponent cant knee you in the head in whats called a "REAL FIGHT" is retarded to me.

Its a bitch move to play that game. Losing position and tapping the ground to make sure u cant get kneed.

It's illegal, if you want the rules changed that's a completely different question. Don't embarrass yourself by saying it was legal.

i have to see it again in real time not slow mo but i think its legit it did not seem malicious

Hand on the ground rule has to go. I can agree with knee on the ground but hand that is just dumb.

Illegal by the rulebook. Should be legal though, you can't touch the ground when someone is attacking and expect to be saved. You either keep it down, or keep it up. BJM would've let it slide.

I was just saying this, BJM didnt let JJ play that game against Belfort. It was illegal but barely and obviously Pearson playing the game

Needs poll.

Mods, please?

Why do you need a poll? It's either legal, or not legal. It's a factual difference. It's not an opinion.

When Melvin starts to throw the knee, Ross is up. Then while the knee's on the way Ross puts his hand down. Those are clearly legal. Even when he throws the 2nd knee when it's in motion, he's up. Ross puts 1 hand down.

The fucked up rule is the one hand on the ground makes you a grounded opponent. That's just BS.

Back