Pearson vs Guillard : Illegal knees or not ?

Whether or not they should've been illegal according to big john's interpretation, Melvin is an idiot for blasting away without looking when there is potential for an illegal shot.

Guillard was already in the motion of throwing the knee before Pearson's hand touched. He's not The Flash. I doubt he could have stopped the knee midway. It was just unfortunate timing.

It was clearly illegal.

People that are acting like Ross put his hand down to bait Melvin into an illegal shot don't know what they're talking about. Ross was trying to get up and I highly doubt in that scramble his mind was on anything but getting up and fighting.
Even if he did, it's not like he was putting his arm down and up to make it illegal on purpose. He obviously was trying to block his face from the knee instinctual and then either quickly tried to post his hand to get up or put his hand down to make knees illegal.

I don't see how fighting smart is cheating. It's one thing to put your hand up and down trying to bait your opponent into an illegal shot. It's another when you put your hand down just to avoid the shot all together.

I don't blame either fighter as in my mind they were just fighting and shit happens. Hopefully they get a rematch and really get to put on a show.

While I think the rule should be abolished, the knee was undoubtedly illegal. So, while it stands, it should be respected, like all rules.

Was a accident by both hopefully lesson learned and they fight again.

Illegal and Pearson wasn't "playing the game",

Playing the game is where you put your hand down to intentionally make your opponent foul, Pearson was trying to move to a safe position. BIG difference.

Illegal, but I don't think Guillard knew it was. That is his fault though. Shame too.

legal! Putting your hand down while the knee is thrown is playing the rules! Like turning your head when punches come in a GnP situation to get back of the head strikes.

Like you would EVER in a street fight put your hand on the ground while getting kneed in the head.....

LEGAL!

Back