Pacquiao vs Bradley 2 Official - April 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about the Tim/JMM fight. I had that fight like 116-112 for Tim.

Pac/Bradley, I scored a handful of times and had it anywhere from a draw to 116-112for Pac. Think I had it twice at 115-113, Pac. Never had Tim winning. Close fight, though.

Not sure how I misread that. Not sleeping enough I guess.

Beltran is now taking on Usmanee, fight will be all action.
Falcao is taking on Pubilo Pena

Marquez isn't really a huge KO puncher though. Thats what I was saying. He's a combination puncher who breaks guys down.The fact that he KO's guys doesn't really mean he has Julian Jackson type power.

he's a respectable puncher though . and without checking i'd say he actually has more KO's than pacquiao himself .

bradley has never KO'd anyone with a pulse in his entire career , one punch or not .

he had one stoppage in the last 8 years, and that was the corner of a 40 year old casamayor throwing the towel .

eh

I'm not arguing about who Bradley has KO'd.

I'm saying, if Pac comes in sloppy and gets caught with a stiff counter, he could get stopped.

Fighters get old. Pac has had lackluster showings lately.

I think I'm going with Pacquiao in this one. Bradley could easily win, however I feel like he has a chip on his shoulder in reguards to the first fight and comes in with a dumb game plan.

Bradley is a good boxer and probably has a few good ideas in mind based on what he found success with in their first fight but I want Pacquiao to murder him.

im gonna post this again

i must say i am veeeerrryy suprised people think bradley will win. I have pac by ( and no disrespect to Bradley) buy by a relativley easy and stress free UD. I think people are starting to believe some of the bullshit Bradley is saying tbh. I see this as a pretty easy night for pac like last time……like what does bradley have exactly that hes going to use to beat Pac with? his boxing ability? he tried that last time and it didn't work. People say hes gotten better but i see the same exact fighter as before. I feel pac haters are trying to pump this guys boxing abilites up, i mean shit some of these people are acting like hes the second coming of Willie Pep. His boxing ability is good….not great. His new muscular frame? whens the last time he had a ko? I laugh when i see people say that he could knock out pac. Its frankly pretty ridiculous and the people who say that are mostly just pac hater who are looking for any way to bring the guy down. Another thing that i am confused about is this whole Pac doesn't have the killer instinct anymore…..Why because he didn't finish Brandon Rios? Absolute nonsense. im sure floyds getting his laundry list of excuses ready for when pac beats bradley

Well, it likely comes from the fact that Pacquiao hasn't stopped anyone in almost 5 years. I actually don't think that Pacquiao has declined as much as many think, but his stamina and workrate (which were always extremely important to his success) are not what they were 5 years ago. It's less "killer instinct" (or this supposed new found compassion which is a rather hilarious excuse), and more a general stylistic tendency. He tends to fight in spots nowadays (which is something that happens with most if not all fighters as they age, but it's a more significant factor for someone like Pacquiao whose workrate and stamina were so central to his success).

This whole narrative that you're constructing of people overestimating Bradley while implying they have an agenda comes off as a tad hypocritical with that last sentence. Bradley most definitely troubled Pacquiao last time regardless of what you think about the scorecards. There are areas where both fighters can improve on their performances. I think we'll see another close fight no matter which way it goes.

Well, it likely comes from the fact that Pacquiao hasn't stopped anyone in almost 5 years. I actually don't think that Pacquiao has declined as much as many think, but his stamina and workrate (which were always extremely important to his success) are not what they were 5 years ago. It's less "killer instinct" (or this supposed new found compassion which is a rather hilarious excuse), and more a general stylistic tendency. He tends to fight in spots nowadays (which is something that happens with most if not all fighters as they age, but it's a more significant factor for someone like Pacquiao whose workrate and stamina were so central to his success).

This whole narrative that you're constructing of people overestimating Bradley while implying they have an agenda comes off as a tad hypocritical with that last sentence. Bradley most definitely troubled Pacquiao last time regardless of what you think about the scorecards. There are areas where both fighters can improve on their performances. I think we'll see another close fight no matter which way it goes.

i agree with the workrate and the stamina to a certain extent but heres where we disagree. To me Pacquiao fought Rios the pretty close to how he fought Margarito, and i dont remember people saying he had slowed down there. He fought those fights pretty identical to each other and no one complained last time.

Now onto the bigger issue, when you say troubled what are you referring to? was it a close fight? maybe i had it 116-111 so i guess if you consider that close, but do i really think he troubled pac? not really. He had some moments but not enough for me to say wow bradley might be able to pull this off. Are you telling me that you are under the impression that bradley can knock out manny? Or do you think he will outbox him? Because i dont think he is capable of either. Bradley is beginning to get dangerously overhyped for his boxing ability which i have admitted was very good, but some people like i said before are acting like hes the second coming of Willie Pep. He already tried to outbox manny and i didn't work in 98% of boxing fans eyes. And as for him knocking him out

Pac arrived in Vegas earlier today

Pacquiao_GrandArrival_140408_005a.jpg

its crazy on how little people care for this fight.

I tried to buy mayweather tickets and it was almost sold out. some cheap seats for $600

The manny vs tim still had seats left for $250.

I think this might not do so well

I'm really hyped for this fight.. originally I kind of thought of Bradley as a punk, but he has started to grow on me as of late for some reason. He just seems really confident in himself and a real hard worker since day 1 and I can appreciate that. He's pretty funny too.

i agree with the workrate and the stamina to a certain extent but heres where we disagree. To me Pacquiao fought Rios the pretty close to how he fought Margarito, and i dont remember people saying he had slowed down there. He fought those fights pretty identical to each other and no one complained last time.

Now onto the bigger issue, when you say troubled what are you referring to? was it a close fight? maybe i had it 116-111 so i guess if you consider that close, but do i really think he troubled pac? not really. He had some moments but not enough for me to say wow bradley might be able to pull this off. Are you telling me that you are under the impression that bradley can knock out manny? Or do you think he will outbox him? Because i dont think he is capable of either. Bradley is beginning to get dangerously overhyped for his boxing ability which i have admitted was very good, but some people like i said before are acting like hes the second coming of Willie Pep. He already tried to outbox manny and i didn't work in 98% of boxing fans eyes. And as for him knocking him out……..well lets just say i dont see it happening……...

Pacquiao almost threw 300 more punches against Margarito and generally put it on him to an appreciably greater extent. Margarito was a better fighter than Rios and he pushed Pacquiao harder which partially accounts for Pacquiao's substantially higher workrate against Tony, though. Still, Pacquiao was undoubtedly more offensive and more consistent in his work throughout the round against Margarito. I think a Pacquiao in his prime would likely stop Rios, or at least come much closer than he did. Now, that's not to say Pacquiao did much of anything wrong against Rios, but some, including myself, perhaps predicted him giving Rios, a tailor made opponent for a bounce back fight, a more severe beating. Regardless, he beat Rios easily and that's that.

Pacquiao undoubtedly had trouble sustaining meaningful offense against Bradley, especially in the later rounds when Bradley made a concerted effort to box behind a jab. That's not to say that Bradley had considerable offensive success himself, but limiting a man that many refer to as the greatest offensive fighter since Duran as much as he did is significant, and it certainly constitutes troubling Pacquiao, in my opinion. How much of that had to do with Pacquiao having a bad night, and how much that had to do with Bradley keeping an active jab and moving laterally is open to interpretation, but there is enough evidence in Pacquiao's career to suggest that a fighter who is more content to box Pacquiao as opposed to coming straight at him is likely to have more success lending some credence to the assertion that Bradley certainly did have something to do with an uncharacteristically poor offensive showing by Pacquiao.

As for the scoring of the fight, it wasn't an easy thing to do because there were a lot of close rounds that could be interpreted various ways according to personal judging preferences. I'm not going to get back into in depth scorecards (we've done enough of that on this forum), but I saw it as a close fight, and any scorecard that I think is acceptable would reflect that (roughly 116-112 Pac to 115-113 Bradley). I predict a similarly close, and potentially controversial rematch this weekend.

Last edited:
Its funny that the smallest minority of people think the bradley pac fight was close or that Bradley some how won.

If you know how to score a fight, that fight was pretty easy to score for pac.

There is a reason the majority of the world thinks its one of the biggest robberies in recent memory.

I dont care about commentary or how biased they were. I was actually going for tim in that fight but just like every other fight when i score i am not biased.

Pac landed the harder shots, controlled the pace of the fight, owned the ring general ship. Tim Did well defensively but lacked offense to really win any of the rounds but a few.

Its funny that the smallest minority of people think the bradley pac fight was close or that Bradley some how won.

If you know how to score a fight, that fight was pretty easy to score for pac.

There is a reason the majority of the world thinks its one of the biggest robberies in recent memory.

I dont care about commentary or how biased they were. I was actually going for tim in that fight but just like every other fight when i score i am not biased.

Pac landed the harder shots, controlled the pace of the fight, owned the ring general ship. Tim Did well defensively but lacked offense to really win any of the rounds but a few.

Prepare for the riots to ensue and call you a pactard

To me Pacquiao fought Rios the pretty close to how he fought Margarito, and i dont remember people saying he had slowed down there. He fought those fights pretty identical to each other and no one complained last time.

We saw completely different fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back