Pacquiao vs Bradley 2 Official - April 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the fence about this matchup. I picked pac to win the first fight by stoppage but he was pretty ineffective for most of the first fight and I thought he threw the fight away in the later rounds.

That said, I don't feel like there's a lot of adjustment that Pac can make for this one while there are many things Bradley should have learned from the first fight.

If Bradley boxes smart, I think he'll win 8-4ish.

Another thing, I've had this feeling that Bradley will fight really well in this one and the scores will favor Pac and people like Rafael and Slim will be fine with the bad decision and call it justice. There will be no part 3 if that happens.

Thread Nazi wants dat attention. This one isn't locked yet and is fine.

I'm on the fence about this matchup. I picked pac to win the first fight by stoppage but he was pretty ineffective for most of the first fight and I thought he threw the fight away in the later rounds.

That said, I don't feel like there's a lot of adjustment that Pac can make for this one while there are many things Bradley should have learned from the first fight.

Another thing, I've had this feeling that Bradley will fight really well in this one and the scores will favor Pac and people like Rafael and Slim will be fine with the bad decision and call it justice. There will be no part 3 if that happens.

You gonna write this same thing in every thread? You're just starting the excuses so if Pac wins you will either call it a robbery or claim it was only because Bradley fought "stupidly." And you will most certainly defend any decision against Pac. No matter how controversial. So you're not fooling anyone. I don't know why you get so emotional when Pac fights but it wouldn't hurt you to just let the anger go and enjoy a fight between two great welterweights.

I didnt pick any of that up from that post.

You gonna write this same thing in every thread? You're just starting the excuses so if Pac wins you will either call it a robbery or claim it was only because Bradley fought "stupidly." And you will most certainly defend any decision against Pac. No matter how controversial. So you're not fooling anyone. I don't know why you get so emotional when Pac fights but it wouldn't hurt you to just let the anger go and enjoy a fight between two great welterweights.

Yes. I'm going to mention it here and there until the fight is over.

I will say though, Bradley does have a tendency to fight stupid now and then. He can't do that in this one. He needs to be a disciplined boxer in this one. Do what he did in the later rounds of the first fight without the shitty start in the first half.

Im actually thinking bradley will get the KO. after monster KO's on fighters there chin becomes suspect. I know pac is not going to respect Tims power. WIth the extra aggresiveness is what will get him in trouble like the jmm fight.

Like you said tim can adjust. Pac cant really adjust but to be more aggressive.

I think Pac's aggressiveness will be the right idea here. He COULD be content to outbox Bradley again, but with what happened with the decision in that fight, he doesn't want to risk that again. Besides, I'd rather Manny get knocked out being the old Manny, then to outbox Bradley again and again have the judges give away the fight.

Would be cool to hear Seano give props to Manny after decisively beating Tim, I feel the only way that will happen is the big KO. After seeing what Prov did to Tim I see that as a highly likely outcome.

Would be cool to hear Seano give props to Manny after decisively beating Tim, I feel the only way that will happen is the big KO. After seeing what Prov did to Tim I see that as a highly likely outcome.

i feel like the people who say this have only seen bradley fight provo and none of his other fights

2 days away

Face off

[YT]Ye3Kb8mcIo4[/YT]

Episode 1

[YT]aTUlSA6t5xs[/YT]

Episode 2

[YT]1mRW3mPcY0o[/YT]

I'm not a big fan of either guy, I don't dislike them but I don't really have an emotional investment here so I feel like I can be pretty objective. My opinion is that Pac wins a clear cut Dec this time.

Reason I feel that way is b/c the biggest thing that effected Pac is the fact that he took his foot off the gas in the last few rds and also the fact that he didn't work consistently throughout the rds and those two things most likely cost him a ud win to a sd loss.

Pac isn't a guy that's easy to outbox, even getting ktfo by JMM not too long ago, I still think that his chin is pretty solid and especially against a guy in Tim who's really not much of a puncher.

The fact that Tim is gonna have to outbox Pac again, this time where Pac knows that he just needs to work more often in the early/middle part of the rds and to not be so lackadaisical in the later part of the fight in regards to his work rate, I just don't see Tim being able to pull it off again.

Tim's a great fighter, he's better than he was the first time they fought, but stylistically I see this as a really tough matchup for him against a guy who's very well conditioned, historically tough to outbox, and knows what adjustments he needs to make to win decisively this time around (not to mention the adjustments are basically throwing more often instead of in the last minute or so of the rds and to keep working late into the fight, pretty simple to do if you ask me).

Tim, on the other hand, is the guy who really can't do anything much different than he did the first time around. He's gotta win by being more active and basically hoping that Pac makes the mistake of letting him win rds by not throwing enough and making the same mistakes that he did in their first fight. I just don't think that's gonna happen.

If Tim wins then I'll be very impressed, Pac might be past his prime but I still see this as a really tough fight for Tim to win, and this is coming for somebody who has a ton of respect for Tim's abilities and how much he's improved over the years.

That's my take at least.

I've actually always been really complimentary of Manny Pacquiao.

The problem with you hardcores is that you can't imagine someone could possibly be a fan of some other boxer as well and even prefer other styles of boxing.

Pac is a great fighter with a great resume and a style that fans will talk about for decades. I haven't missed one if his fights.

I don't think he did enough to clearly beat Bradley in the first fight so that means I have some sort of problem with him.

I've actually always been really complimentary of Manny Pacquiao.

The problem with you hardcores is that you can't imagine someone could possibly be a fan of some other boxer as well and even prefer other styles of boxing.

Pac is a great fighter with a great resume and a style that fans will talk about for decades. I haven't missed one if his fights.

I don't think he did enough to clearly beat Bradley in the first fight so that means I have some sort of problem with him.

Good post...

You're back in my cool book.

I would have just changed, "I think he did enough to clearly...."

wild-card.jpg

1 day away.

I've just finished rewatching Bradley/Marquez and if the Bradley who fought Marquez shows up, I think he wins a decision this saturday.

IMO, that fight was probably the most complete version of Bradley we've seen. His punches seemed to carry a bit more weight, his defense was a little tighter, he even seemed quicker. Granted, this is against a Marquez who, IMO, has looked a bit old and stiff in his last few but this is also a Marquez who starched Pacquiao in his last fight,

Pac on the other hand, I know there'll be some who will debate this but the writing has been on the wall for Pac for a while now. He lost to Bradley and even if you didn't like the decision, he was not that effective against Bradley and once Bradley boxed a little, he was never in the danger he was in the 3rd or 4th round of the fight. Flash forward to his MArquez rematch and he not only got KO'd by a perfect counter (understandable really) but he also got dropped with a shot earlier in the fight that I think very nearly put him to sleep as well. This is a guy who I've seen truly hurt in fights rarely in recent years. Then he goes on to a lackluster showing against a guy he would have annihilated in scary fashion a few years ago. If there was ever a perfect PAc opponent, it was Brandon Rios and Pac just didn't really show up. It might be time to start realizing that Pac is at the end of his career here.

I think Pac is an old fighter. Bradley is smack in the middle of his prime and looked tip top in his last fight. I'm taking Bradley by unanimous decision.

All that said, somehow, the judges managed to see Bradley vs Marquez as a close disputed decision in what was really a pretty perfect performance from Tim Bradley as well as fans who legitimately couldn't see more than 2 rounds for Bradley against Pac in the first fight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back