Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, most of the communication over the mic is worthless. I rarely ever encounter someone who contributes anything positive to the team. It's basically become a tool to complain.

The rare times I do hear someone handing out good advice it's ignored by the people who need to be listening. Like a solider who's getting less kills than the tanks but refuses to change.

"reaper behind you!!!!"

Behind who? Oh not me and while I am turning back around I'll go ahead and eat some bullets and to the person who was in front of a sneaking reaper got killed anyways

If I'm being honest, me and the old crew got back together for this season. I know some of you are against 6 stacking but I trust my boys. We all got great chemistry.

Honestly, most of the communication over the mic is worthless. I rarely ever encounter someone who contributes anything positive to the team. It's basically become a tool to complain.
Really I've had lots of good communication, I haven't even had that many super toxic people. I suppose it will depend what you play as well. Tanks need more communication with each other than supports. A Zen that calls his discords is a godsend.

Really I've had lots of good communication, I haven't even had that many super toxic people. I suppose it will depend what you play as well. Tanks need more communication with each other than supports. A Zen that calls his discords is a godsend.
I honestly don't understand this calling discord thing. I see the orb, no need to tell me. If it's on a person I can't see, then I can't shoot them and it doesn't really matter.

I move my orbs so much that it would be useless to call them. I always put the orb on the most hittable Target and switch it as that situation changes.

Unless there is a particular threat that needs to be constantly singled out or mercy getting ready to rez.

My philosophy as zen is to have dps not worry about the orb, it will be exactly where they're shooting at.

I honestly don't understand this calling discord thing. I see the orb, no need to tell me. If it's on a person I can't see, then I can't shoot them and it doesn't really matter.

I move my orbs so much that it would be useless to call them. I always put the orb on the most hittable Target and switch it as that situation changes.

Unless there is a particular threat that needs to be constantly singled out or mercy getting ready to rez.

My philosophy as zen is to have dps not worry about the orb, it will be exactly where they're shooting at.
To each their own, but there's a reason it's done at the higher ranks.

Fuck they changed the KOTH maps to best of three instead of best of five?

That's fucking retarded. I've come back from 2-0 deficits so many times.

To each their own, but there's a reason it's done at the higher ranks.
True. I just never got it, but you're right, if it was useless pros would stop doing it.
Although a zen teammate calling his orbs does nothing for me.

I think at the higher ranks it works better because players work together better.

The orbs becomes like a "forced prioritization"

At the lower ranks people just shoot at what they want and getting them to some type of organized priority is like herding cats.

Fuck they changed the KOTH maps to best of three instead of best of five?

That's fucking retarded. I've come back from 2-0 deficits so many times.
It's by far the most disappointing change overwatch has made.

The decision almost exclusively came from the pros who were the ones that felt best out of 5 were too long. Virtually no one else ever complained about but them.

Now 2cp and payload maps I here complaints all the time about them.

Dunno , I play Zen pretty regularly and it makes a huge difference.

It's by far the most disappointing change overwatch has made.

The decision almost exclusively came from the pros who were the ones that felt best out of 5 were too long. Virtually no one else ever complained about but them.

Now 2cp and payload maps I here complaints all the time about them.
It's a weird change because during tournaments they play bo3 anyways so it didn't actually effect the pro scene. Which brings up something that Blizzard needs to make a decision on, they want this game to be a solid e-sport but it feels like they balance the game for the casual Quick Play player.

Discord is one of the only things I actively call out. That and low health heroes, or enemies that have flank position. I'll usually call out the Widow location as well.

Went 1-3 my first four placement games.. ended up going 7-3 placing low plat

<{silvanormal}>

Holy shit...solo deathmatch was meh but team deathmarch is great

Being healer is quite fun. Used Lucio on a few maps. Speed boosted, healed, and booped my way to many fun wins. I really like this mode and how it comes down to tight four person teams

Yeah the FFA mode is pretty whack, snipers win most of the time. I played like 6 matches, all of them a widow won and there were at least 2 of them in each game. Seems too easy for them to just climb up to the tower pillars and just snipe without any resistance, if they do get killed they'll rack up at least 4-5 kills before a single death. Most people seem to ignore them and few characters have the mobility to get up there to fight with her.

The team death match is pretty enjoyable.

FFA DM is a blast, I destroy with Junkrat.

A good Pharah is a pain in the ass.

The pain is real. Hanzo mains. Orisas that have no fucking clue how to play the character.

Can't wait for Destiny 2 to come out. This is getting old.

Went 6-4, and got 1400.
Hello bronze my old friend i've come to you again.

Other than the super Bastion buff this Junkrat buff is the stupidest thing Blizzard has done.

There needs to be a solo queue selection for comp. So sick of having a 5 stack as teammates.

Last edited:
Just had a game in which I had 17k healing and 48 sound barriers cast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back