Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not feeling death match. But i love the new report option for the ps4. Especially the 'inactivity' subcategory.

Not feeling death match. But i love the new report option for the ps4. Especially the 'inactivity' subcategory.
At first I wasn't sure about Deathmatch, but I played a few games and found it pretty fun. I rarely get to play Tracer so it's fun to pick her and see how big of a trashcan I am with her. I think it's a fun way to practice dps heroes, but fear that it will just create even more people that instalock dps or turn toxic if a dps on their team is having a tough time.

The fact that Junkrat can do an instant 120 damage with his mine and there's no delay between mines bothers me. He can instantly burst down any hero but a tank.

but fear that it will just create even more people that instalock dps or turn toxic if a dps on their team is having a tough time.
If you play individual death match there won't be any repercussions. You can choose any hero, no one will complain.

If you play individual death match there won't be any repercussions. You can choose any hero, no one will complain.
I meant for competitive. People are going to pretty much only practice dps characters in Deathmatch and then they'll do good and think they should be dps players in comp.

This is the worst I have ever done with loot boxes. I must have got 50+ boxes and the only skins I got we're grill master and Amy Schumer. (Zarya)

I had 2500+ saved and I couldn't even get 500 in 50 boxes so I couldn't even buy one. I must have got every possible icon and spray which I don't even care about because and I haven't bothered with either of those for like a year.

I thought they fixed the loot boxes problem.

Holy shit...solo deathmatch was meh but team deathmarch is great

Being healer is quite fun. Used Lucio on a few maps. Speed boosted, healed, and booped my way to many fun wins. I really like this mode and how it comes down to tight four person teams

Dang. Ol Winston it's awesome in tdm too.

Gotta say, I was skeptical of this mode but Blizzard done well again. Love that it seems to be available on pretty much every map

I lost my first placement. I got to say placement matches are so demotivating because no matter how many I win or lose I end up way lower. They put me at 1610 last season, lower than I have ever been before. I got to 2500+ this season, teetering in and out of high gold and low plat. I ended up losing a few at the end and ended in high gold.

I swear if they put me in low silver again I will punish my opponents showing they no mercy, only picking tracer.

Last season I was only in silver for a few hours when I placed at 1610, destroying everyone with dva and zen.

I thought they fixed the loot boxes problem.
The fix to loot boxes wasn't to give you better luck, but to lessen the frequency of duplicates. It's worked out great too. I don't think I've gotten a single duplicate since the fix.

I lost my first placement. I got to say placement matches are so demotivating because no matter how many I win or lose I end up way lower. They put me at 1610 last season, lower than I have ever been before. I got to 2500+ this season, teetering in and out of high gold and low plat. I ended up losing a few at the end and ended in high gold.

I swear if they put me in low silver again I will punish my opponents showing they no mercy, only picking tracer.

Last season I was only in silver for a few hours when I placed at 1610, destroying everyone with dva and zen.
Zen is great for climbing. I tried being a pharah main for one season and it seriously tanked my rating. But then I became a Zen main and rose about 1200 SR.

Zen is great for climbing. I tried being a pharah main for one season and it seriously tanked my rating. But then I became a Zen main and rose about 1200 SR.
Doing dual healing in almost every circumstance will get you lots of wins, even ones that don't seem necessary.

Zen can go from much needed 2nd healer to best dps on the team at the drop of a hat. One of the Most versatile characters in the game.

But since solo healing is the elo in the low ranks, zen is very under appreciated.

The fix to loot boxes wasn't to give you better luck, but to lessen the frequency of duplicates. It's worked out great too. I don't think I've gotten a single duplicate since the fix.
I would almost prefer the old way, at least I would get tons of gold to buy skins. Now I pretty much only get icons and sprays, which are useless to me as I haven't changed any of them in like a year.

You'd think people would want to communicate during placements. I haven't had anyone else in voice chat yet. The people that play this game are ridiculous.

Best of 3 for King of the Hill is fucking stupid too. Jesus.

Last edited:
Just went 10/10 in my placement matches.
giphy.gif

Placed around 2700.

Doing dual healing in almost every circumstance will get you lots of wins, even ones that don't seem necessary.

Zen can go from much needed 2nd healer to best dps on the team at the drop of a hat. One of the Most versatile characters in the game.

But since solo healing is the elo in the low ranks, zen is very under appreciated.

I agree I used to like picking Zen. The thing I noticed though is when I pick Zen it gives people the idea that I can be the main healer and we lose. So I stopped picking him.

You'd think people would want to communicate during placements. I haven't had anyone else in voice chat yet. The people that play this game are ridiculous.

I had someone communicate to tell me they were going to throw the match and proceeded to only use their gun on CTP.

Honestly, most of the communication over the mic is worthless. I rarely ever encounter someone who contributes anything positive to the team. It's basically become a tool to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back