Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the super Bastion buff this Junkrat buff is the stupidest thing Blizzard has done.

There needs to be a solo queue selection for comp. So sick of having a 5 stack as teammates.

Idk why they bother having test servers, seems like shit goes live no matter what.

On another note, I went 7-3 in placements playing torb only and got 3.2. Going for that #1 Torb spot this season.

People that instalock hitscan and can't kill a Pharah is getting seriously old.

People that instalock hitscan and can't kill a Pharah is getting seriously old.
Or having 4 instalock dps, and none of them are capable of dealing with pharah and expect the one healer or tank to take care of it.

Or having 4 instalock dps, and none of them are capable of dealing with pharah and expect the one healer or tank to take care of it.
Yeah, shit like that is getting old real quick. I had a competitive game where I had silver elims as Ana.. we had 3 dps..

Fucking Junkrat and Roadhog. Their survivability is annoying.

Fuck Junkrat, the last thing that twat needed was a buff.

I've been playing Ana almost exclusively (Lucio on KOTH maps) and have been having decent success. Was looking like I was marching towards Plat until I ran into teams with fucking Widow mains and guys trolling with Battle Mercy bullshit.

Fuck Junkrat, the last thing that twat needed was a buff.

I've been playing Ana almost exclusively (Lucio on KOTH maps) and have been having decent success. Was looking like I was marching towards Plat until I ran into teams with fucking Widow mains and guys trolling with Battle Mercy bullshit.

Thing is mercy is quite effective when she's pitching in to do damage but the players usually get tunnel vision and forget to heal their dying Teammates.
That's unforgivable. :mad:

Last edited:
Thing is mercy is quite effective when she's pitching in to do damage but the players usually get tunnel vision and forget to heal their dying Teammates.
That's unforgivable. :mad:

It's hard to know. I see it similar to Rein's charge. You can use the charge but you have to use it effectively because your team will be wide open when you go in and so will you.

I have a hard time using my gun as mercy I always feel like it's just going to end up with someone dying because I wasn't healing them as soon as they were taking damage. I find it much easier to just boost someone else's damage and then switch to healing when needed and I feel like I help more that way. Especially if you damage boost them at the right time i.e. hitting turret\bastion\healer.

I actually got to dps in a comp game yesterday. Felt Fuckin'GoodMan.

I actually got to dps in a comp game yesterday. Felt Fuckin'GoodMan.

The times I get to play DPS are so rare that I don't even feel comfortable doing it anymore.

Finally got a chance to do my placements last night. Went 6-4 and landed at 3083. Checked my stats on MasterOverwatch and my Lucio is in the top 1% for damage (#10) and eliminations (#5). Sure, it's only on console and it was against other diamonds like myself, but it feels good to see that I performed so unusually well. Hopefully I can keep it up and eventually touch Master rank again.

I was in that same boat until I saw this new Junkrat. At least Doomfist has to see me to kill me, Junkrats don't see 80% of the people they kill.
Junkrat was wrecking my shit pretty good a couple of matches. It almost felt like I was lagging from how instantly he deleted me.

Junkrat was wrecking my shit pretty good a couple of matches. It almost felt like I was lagging from how instantly he deleted me.
It's ridiculous, he can burst down any character but a tank with his mines and melee, and for some reason people don't want to play Pharah into a comp with no hitscan. Enemy team has Mcree and Soldier? Better run Pharah for some reason. Junkrat+Genji? Better run Tracer and Mcree...

I was in that same boat until I saw this new Junkrat. At least Doomfist has to see me to kill me, Junkrats don't see 80% of the people they kill.
He threw a mine at my face, i was playing mccree, i thought ok I'll kill him now, he throws another one as i was rolling towards him. Mind you you're thrown in the air when they hit you so can't take aim well either.
Dead before i could react really.

He threw a mine at my face, i was playing mccree, i thought ok I'll kill him now, he throws another one as i was rolling towards him. Mind you you're thrown in the air when they hit you so can't take aim well either.
Dead before i could react really.
Sounds about right. I was playing Tracer and I was grabbing the mega by the cars on Oasis and as soon as I grabbed it a mine killed me. If you combine Junk with a Zen you can just melt anyone. One shot if your discorded as Tracer.

I am just baffled by the matchmaking. Some nights I actually get a team full of people who want to win and it's so much fun. And then the next night I get nothing but teams with trolls and just plain old awful players. It can't just be the odds working like that.

I go and watch grandmaster Mercy or Lucio (DSPStanky notwithstanding) players and they don't do shit any better than I do and I'm constantly stuck in gold hell. I don't get it.

I am just baffled by the matchmaking. Some nights I actually get a team full of people who want to win and it's so much fun. And then the next night I get nothing but teams with trolls and just plain old awful players. It can't just be the odds working like that.

Matchmaking has nothing to go on except SR. It has no idea if players feel like trolling, are drunk or are tilted and don't feel like trying. Unfortunate, sure, but a matchamking system has nothing to work with but numbers.

I go and watch grandmaster Mercy or Lucio (DSPStanky notwithstanding) players and they don't do shit any better than I do and I'm constantly stuck in gold hell. I don't get it.

C'mon, bruh. This is absolutely delusional. If your gameplay was GM level, you would eventually hit GM based solely on the law of averages. The fact is that there are nuances and subtle micro-decisions these players make have carried them to that upper tier. If you think you're doing things no different, you're just not seeing these things and are, quite frankly, lying to yourself. Not shitting on you, but unfortunately, some of us just aren't good enough to climb to GM (myself included). But if you truly want to improve and climb, step 1 is to let go of this idea that there's no difference between your play and theirs.

Matchmaking has nothing to go on except SR. It has no idea if players feel like trolling, are drunk or are tilted and don't feel like trying. Unfortunate, sure, but a matchamking system has nothing to work with but numbers.

That's absolutely not true. Everyone has an unseen MMR ranking that is based on "skill" that is used for matchmaking. Presumably a thrower or troll or a person who is just bad at teamwork would have a lower MMR and they get thrown in with actual players for balance since the matches are made with the intent of getting as close to a 50/50 win chance as possible.

Also, just let a guy vent without putting on your Captain Obvious pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back