Oregon lowering the bar to be an attorney

Prisoners in prison pass bar exams all time .
Yeah it is overrated how hard it is to be an attorney but it also exposes how retarded our legal system is. it is just about who can give the best narrative in a court.

you cannot be serious. This would be like saying you don't need engineers to pass the professional engineering exams offered by the professional orgs. I guess you're good with more skywalks like the one in Florida that collapsed.
Im an engineer and I have never had to pass any exams once I completed my Bachelors?

Also work in a professional multinational org, so not quiet sure what your talking about here honestly.

Im an engineer and I have never had to pass any exams once I completed my Bachelors?

Also work in a professional multinational org, so not quiet sure what your talking about here honestly.

Well you're not a professional engineer. You may work as an engineer but you don't have a professional engineer license.

Next up, physicians don't need to pass USMLE parts I, 2 and 3 to get a medical license and practice medicine.

This may be a good idea. The Bar exam isn’t everything. If you graduated from law school, it has to count for something. They don’t just let anyone graduate.

Depends on the school. There are definitely schools out there that will push people through to graduation just to get the tuition. Many of their graduates will fail whatever bar they take.

That said, my experience was that little in law school or studying for/taking the bar really prepared me to be a lawyer. My internships and then first job is where I really learned how to be a lawyer. Law school did help with writing, which can be a huge part of a lawyer's work (and definitely was mine when I was with a firm churning out briefs and coverage opinions every week). But the other stuff? Not so much. Con law and criminal procedure rarely come up when working in the general counsel's office of an insurance company.

What is a bar Lawyer is basicly job that you learn as you go. Nobody follows the guidelines or laws of law these days it is all how to make your client as good criminal or person and forget what he did. I mean you see who the jurors these days lawyers for sure do so they know these people will not I derstamd complicated language of law only time lawyers need their bar exam or school work is when there is no jury but judge trial

Agree that you learn on the job. There's so many specialties in law, you have to get somewhere and see how its done and learn from more seasoned attorneys. Law school is about "thinking like a lawyer" -- whatever the hell that means, and the bar is simply remembering certain very broad concepts about a number of areas (the number depends on what state you're in). But the part about nobody following the law isn't true. Even if you do eventually get to a jury trial, there will be tons of motions and decisions that happen before the jury is seated on everything from what causes of action can be asserted to evidence being admissible, etc. For example, the fraud case in NY against Trump is a bench trial. BUT, it's only a bench trial because his lawyer screwed up and didn't request a jury trial as required by NY law. If she knew the law better (she's a NJ attorney) they'd have the jury he says he wants. But even if they did have a jury, he's already been found liable on summary judgement, because that was a matter of law to be decided by the court, not a matter of fact to be decided by a jury. All the jury would be doing if they had one is determining damages. The vast majority of legal outcomes are decided based on the law, not on the specific facts of the case. But that law is something that most will learn on the job, not shit you remember from law school or bar review.

The only guy I know who didn't pass the bar examine, married a wealthy lady who is an engineer. From what his parents say, he plays golf everyday, works out and diets to stay in shape, while she works hard at her job. He has no future plans to try and pass the bar examine I've been told.

Back