Official Women's Division Discussion #25

So apparently UFC223 got cancelled, which means:

Casey/Calvillo, Albu/Whitmere and Reneau/Kunitskaya are now off the books. I wonder where these matches will end up, or if some just get scrapped altogether...

Nothing too irreplaceable for me, but would not mind the fights just appearing on future cards as planned.

News to me... wow... I really don't follow along anymore... haha.

I wish they'd cancel Jess vs. KGB.... This might be the first time I actually root for a draw. I don't want either to lose.

Pretty cool video for Hamasaki/Asakura & RENA's NYE fight. Turn on English CC.

- Asakura training in the US with Hill, Cummins, Carmouche, and Macfarlane.
- Relationship between Fujii/Hamasaki, and some highlights.
- RENA maybe fighting in other promotions, mentioning ONE & Bellator.

-----------------------------------------------

Dream fights lol

Last edited:
What is this, the third time UFC has straight up canceled an event in the modern (post SEG) era?

This gets me excited:

Flying out to KC tomorrow for Invicta. Any special requests? No promises.

@Eater of Souls Cool! Nice to see them rebooking the ladies this fast. No word on Albu/Whitmire, still, it seems. But hopefully that sorts itself out fast too.

Flying out to KC tomorrow for Invicta. Any special requests? No promises.

Get close enough to Grusander for first nose intel. Sherdog deserves to know :D

We would also like you to tell us what Laura Sanko smells like, @leto1776

(Who was that guy who got banned from Invicta for being a creep? Hilarious.)
I don’t think Sanko will be there, unfortunately. Apparently Megan Anderson will be making her debut covering the post fight interviews, according to Invicta’s website

Does anybody know what's going on with Tara Larosa? Her last fight was almost 3 years ago, is she unofficially retired or does she plan on fighting again, especially now the UFC has 125?

Call me crazy but 125 is starting to look good. I always thought this division had the ability to be second best if not for its belt being held up for almost a year. Lets look at all the potential it has.

Valentina is the 1st credible champion and wants to remain active! This is so important to the health of a young division.

Joanna has joined the mix. She should do well against anyone not named Valentina.

JoJo 2.0 looks to have worked on her grappling. She seems to be in a career resurgence.

Jessica Eye was terrible at 135 but her record at 125 is kind of elite. At 125 she is either 12-1 or 13-1. This is from a quick glance at her record so say something if I got that wrong.

Sabina Mazo is a prospect that should make things interesting.

Lipski should be debuting soon and people are excited for her.

You have got the popular girl PVZ in this division. She will never be a champion but every division needs fighters that will bring attention to it.

Andrea Lee has low fight IQ but is usually the reason why her fights are fun to watch.

Sijara Eubanks is going to 135! She has only been a drag on this division.

Nicco is no longer champion holding up the division from growing. Now she can take all the time she needs without hurting the division.

125 is not there yet but now it is finally on the way to reaching its potential. I can't wait to see it 2 years from now. Don't listen to the WMMA hating people from the main area. They were trying to tear down 115 during its early years to and now 115 is thriving. 135 and 145 are still in bad shape though.

Jade Masson-Wong is a 125lbs she is 3-0 ufc needs to sign her as soon as possible..........

Honestly sounds like you are just arbitrarily hating Liz

Nah. Why does it have to be either "nuthugger" or "hater" in every debate?
Her fighting style? I don't like it. And neither does UFC or 99% of MMA fans, I assure you.

Can you name anyone at 125 who will draw better vs Shevchenko?

Well, I actually opened a thread in regards. I don't like the current situation with her:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/so-valentina-will-defend-vs-who-the-hook-is-this-girl.3877757/
@Kaybee

I don't know how I feel about ass cheeks tattoos
I feel like banging her from behind would be a constant reminder that I could catch hepatitis. Do not want.

@Eater of Souls Cool! Nice to see them rebooking the ladies this fast. No word on Albu/Whitmire, still, it seems. But hopefully that sorts itself out fast too.

Get close enough to Grusander for first nose intel. Sherdog deserves to know :D
Ew. I’ll pass.

Well, if she wins, I’ll try to get an interview, and report back if my sinuses are clear enough to smell anything.

It's Suplexa Grasso!

part of the translated text reads:

" The most difficult thing is to remove the fear of making the bow, but hey ... it is better to die trying not?"

I would say, 'not'....

Back