Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Is Nina a title contender now? Wow, that’s weird to think about.

I thought she'd be a contender a little sooner, honesty, but that "loss" to kish set her back. When I was watching that fight, I knew she'd be a legit ranked fighter eventually....I still think she won that fight. I'm glad to see her beating claudia with nothing but fundamentals.

I thought she'd be a contender a little sooner, honesty, but that "loss" to kish set her back. When I was watching that fight, I knew she'd be a legit ranked fighter eventually....I still think she won that fight. I'm glad to see her beating claudia with nothing but fundamentals.

My guess is she will fight JJ next...and the contendership status of that fight will be determined by potential Rose-Andrade matchup

To stop this "Cyborg cuts from 185 lbs" stupid narrative, here is Cyborg 3 weeks out of her fight and she's walking around at 170 lbs:
When did Cyborg start dieting this time and what did she weigh then? I know in the past, when she walked heavier, she requested at least 10 or 12 weeks to properly start.

Kish herself was robbed later on against Kim, incredible how she's been able to have a close fight with pretty much everyone she fought thus far (Kim, Yoder, Ansaroff), exception being Herrig.
By the way, to me there's no better example than Kish, who has won a WMC MT title, that women's MT has a long way to go before a title can really be considered something to be impressed with.
When did Cyborg start dieting this time and what did she weigh then? I know in the past, when she walked heavier, she requested at least 10 or 12 weeks to properly start.
Unfortunately i don't know, sorry. I do know that she started walking around lighter though, specially in the last year or so.

She was able to fill in at UFC 222 in 3 or 4 weeks and made weight healthy, so i think that decision did wonders for her.

need some help - i found a link to a marloes coenen documentary on youtube (spike tv ND)
however, it's in dutch...

Joanna Jedrzejczyk is in a tough spot - I understand her position…

Chael Sonnen

Published on Dec 11, 2018

"Joanna Jedrzejczyk is arguably the number one contender in two different weight classes, but can not beat the two opponents holding the belts." -- Chael Sonnen

... go home Shelby, you're drunk :confused:

Doesn't Maynard do the wmma matchups?

Pudilova was talking about moving to 125 around the time of the tuf 26 try outs, so not a surprise.

Lucie would be a fun scrap for Shevchenko as would Carmouche. A real contender matchup imo, well done guys.

Pudilova was talking about moving to 125 around the time of the tuf 26 try outs, so not a surprise.

Lucie would be a fun scrap for Shevchenko as would Carmouche. A real contender matchup imo, well done guys.
Does he? I thought it was Shelby.
I know that Maynard is the responsible for the heavier weight classes (MW, LHW, HW) and for men's flyweight.

I don't like that fight, i think Liz should be fighting someone in the top 5, maybe Montano.
Liz as your first fight dropping from 135 seems harsh too, she's the type of grinder that will make you work for it, tough fight for Lucie.

Trust me, the winner doesn't get a shot....

Nobody mentioned Grasso vs Rodriguez as an anticipated matchup in the coming months?

Should be an intriguing and hopefully exiting striking battle between two ppl eager to more firmly establish themselves in the crowded looking 115 div. I'd say that, plus Albu/Whitmire are my most anticipated (the latter for gambling and 'other' reasons as much as fighting reasons).

Also though she's objectively rather 'average' something about Rodriguez really does it for me, all I can place my finger on is that she is 'skinny and wholesomely middle class looking' which says what about me I dunno...

... go home Shelby, you're drunk :confused:

Pudilova is 2-2 UFC, she's the hometown fighter, a euro kicky-boxy type girl who puts on exiting standup wars, building her up a bit with some freebie wins would be a good idea at this point IMO, it's also her 125 debut (& I thought she was too tall to make 125) so why match her against the division's grindiest grindr grappler who is closing in on title condendership? They should have been looking for someone who would swang and bang with Lucie and ultimately lose (maybe a rematch with Stoilarenko? LOL). This matchup just seems to be setting the crowd up for disappointment.

Pudilova is 2-2 UFC, she's the hometown fighter, a euro kicky-boxy type girl who puts on exiting standup wars, building her up a bit with some freebie wins would be a good idea at this point IMO, it's also her 125 debut (& I thought she was too tall to make 125) so why match her against the division's grindiest grindr grappler who is closing in on title condendership? They should have been looking for someone who would swang and bang with Lucie and ultimately lose (maybe a rematch with Stoilarenko? LOL). This matchup just seems to be setting the crowd up for disappointment.
yep, exactly my thoughts, i hope Liz gets injured (nothing serious though, just to prevent her from fighting in that specific card) and pulls out, because i really don't like that fight for Pudilova :oops:

I'd say if Andrea Lee wins **impressively** this weekend, she will likely get the shot.
While I hate the idea, I honestly wouldn’t complain, because I’d love to see the ridiculous KGB hype job get completely outclassed and made to look like an amateur.

I'd say if Andrea Lee wins **impressively** this weekend, she will likely get the shot.
I hope not. She's fighting someone who Jessica Eye decisively beat a few months ago. Her first win was against Veronica Macedo who has yet to win a fight in UFC.

I don't wanna Eye whining out there, and with reason.

More WMMA will be making its way to U.S. TV !!!

*sad face*

All the events have been free/live on youtube and that's been great. Now who knows what time slot it'll be on, and it appears some of the events are going back to being ippv on B/R Live.

Back