Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Mizuki looking pretty happy with "handsome guy" UFC fighter "round boy" :D

I don’t think Sanko will be there, unfortunately. Apparently Megan Anderson will be making her debut covering the post fight interviews, according to Invicta’s website

If she wears heels, most of the fighters are going to need a stepladder to be interviewed. That's one huge bitch.

Nah. Why does it have to be either "nuthugger" or "hater" in every debate?
Her fighting style? I don't like it. And neither does UFC or 99% of MMA fans, I assure you.

Well, I actually opened a thread in regards. I don't like the current situation with her:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/so-valentina-will-defend-vs-who-the-hook-is-this-girl.3877757/
@Kaybee
So I looked at your thread and you list 5 girls I'm not sure which one your pretending is a draw you title it "who the hook" so you're basically agreeing none will be a good draw.

My point is your VERY against a Liz rematch (that is equally as compelling as any of those matches) and has the potential to arguably draw a fraction better because she's 1-0 with val, a bigger wrestler who may be a challenge.
Fact Shevchenko vs ____ 125 as a headliner will do 100k if that with the rematch angle maybe liz is like 101k buys. So why are you complaining about liz not drawing when no one else will? The ufc might as well do good fights at 125 till a draw shows up.

So I looked at your thread and you list 5 girls I'm not sure which one your pretending is a draw you title it "who the hook" so you're basically agreeing none will be a good draw.

My point is your VERY against a Liz rematch (that is equally as compelling as any of those matches) and has the potential to arguably draw a fraction better because she's 1-0 with val, a bigger wrestler who may be a challenge.
Fact Shevchenko vs ____ 125 as a headliner will do 100k if that with the rematch angle maybe liz is like 101k buys. So why are you complaining about liz not drawing when no one else will? The ufc might as well do good fights at 125 till a draw shows up.

None will be a good draw, but I honestly believe Carmouche will be the worst option.

- No striking matchup for excitement;
- No female attraction (sorry);
- No controversial behavior;
- No TV exposure (no one remembers her as one of Ronda's victims, like no one remembers Kaufman/Davis/McMann)
- Not even an impressive MMA record/streak

Others likely won't draw, but they can open some kind of a potential here.

And you know what would be the worst case? I mean, really worst case?
If Carmouche wins.
If she becomes a champion, this division is as good as toilet paper

Last edited:
Call me crazy but 125 is starting to look good. I always thought this division had the ability to be second best if not for its belt being held up for almost a year. Lets look at all the potential it has.

Valentina is the 1st credible champion and wants to remain active! This is so important to the health of a young division.

Joanna has joined the mix. She should do well against anyone not named Valentina.

JoJo 2.0 looks to have worked on her grappling. She seems to be in a career resurgence.

Jessica Eye was terrible at 135 but her record at 125 is kind of elite. At 125 she is either 12-1 or 13-1. This is from a quick glance at her record so say something if I got that wrong.

Sabina Mazo is a prospect that should make things interesting.

Lipski should be debuting soon and people are excited for her.

You have got the popular girl PVZ in this division. She will never be a champion but every division needs fighters that will bring attention to it.

Andrea Lee has low fight IQ but is usually the reason why her fights are fun to watch.

Sijara Eubanks is going to 135! She has only been a drag on this division.

Nicco is no longer champion holding up the division from growing. Now she can take all the time she needs without hurting the division.

125 is not there yet but now it is finally on the way to reaching its potential. I can't wait to see it 2 years from now. Don't listen to the WMMA hating people from the main area. They were trying to tear down 115 during its early years to and now 115 is thriving. 135 and 145 are still in bad shape though.

Great post. In my opinion, it's taken YEARS for the 115lb division to get sorted and its BY FAR the strongest in WMMA. I think we need to give the 125lb division a few years also. I think it's easily the second best and it's nice to see it already has a strong champion as it's cornerstone, which will allow the rest to develop and produce challengers below.

That's why they need to start 105 ASAP. I think it would be very close to 125 as far as entertainment value and marketability but it needs time to develop.

Question: is there any girl that doesn't cut at all?
Or cuts less than 10 pounds?

Just curious...
I don't think Bi Nguyen cuts much at all to make 105.

Not that they'd make a division because of her or anything lol

that's what you get for calling out Maycee, Livinha :D

Are you thinking Frota will win then? I haven't been watching the conttenders so i dont know her. But Livinha has alot of Invicta experience, was great in her ufc debut I assumed she's going to be ranked soon after 1-2 more wins.

Last edited:
Are you thinking Frota will then? I haven't been watching the conttenders so i dont know her. But Livinha has alot of Invicta experience, was great in her ufc debut I assumed she's going to be ranked soon after 1-2 more wins.
Made a thread about that fight, Frota's DWTNCS BR fight is there. I think it's a good fight, will go with Livinha due to more experience, faced considerably better competition thus far.

Made a thread about that fight, Frota's DWTNCS BR fight is there. I think it's a good fight, will go with Livinha due to more experience, faced considerably better competition thus far.

I watched her fight from this link.
She ate a lot of punches with her face before tagging this poor girl. And finishing instinct is also quite lazy: she let her go at least 4 times after wobbling her.
I think Souza will beat her.

BTW what's the tattoos story? Look like self-made punk tattoos: I mean real oldschool punk

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity what is the most number of women's fights UFC has
ever featured on a card because the Phoenix card next year as it stands
has 4 fights from the various divisions which maybe too many.

Probably one of the women TUF Finales...

EDIT: TUF 20 Finale and TUF 26 Finale - 7 fights in each

2017 the most was 3 (Houston in February)

Grasso v Herrig
Andrade v Hill
Torres v Rawlings

St Louis (January) 4
Vanzant v Jessy Jess
Faria v Eye
Talita Bernardo v Aldana
Taylor v Aldrich

Orlando (February) 3
Andrade v Torres
McMann v REneau
Hill v Moroz

Boise (July) 3
Zingano v Reneau
Carmouche v Maia
Aguilar v Esquibel

Sao Paulo (September) 3
Markos v Rodriguez
MAyra Silva v Robertson
Livia Souza v Chambers
This would have been 4 but Evinger/Viera was cancelled

UFC 229 (October) 3
Waterson v Herrig
Ladd v Evinger
Lansberg v Kunitskaya

Denver (November) 3
Pennington v de Randamie
Barber v Cifers
Yoder v Cooper

Beijing (November) 3
Wu v Mueller
Zhang v Aguilar
Xiaonan v Kondo

UFC 231 (December) 3
Shevchenko v Jedrzejczyk
Gadelha v Ansaroff
Chookagian v Eye

So loads of 3's in 2018, one 4, and one that would have been a 4

Gathered some info on this weekend's fights.

Friday. Bellator and USO Present: Primus vs. Chandler 2. The event will be live on Paramount Network and DAZN. Women's Flyweight Alejandra Lara vs. Juliana Velasquez https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_MMA_in_2018#Bellator_213

Saturday 7:30pm CT. According to Invicta's site the prelim card (first 3 fights) will stream live & free on facebook while the entire card including prelims will air live on fight pass.

Atomweight Title: Jinh Yu Frey (7-3) vs. Minna Grusander (6-2)
Strawweight: Danielle Taylor (9-4) vs. Monserrat Ruiz (8-0)
Strawweight: Sharon Jacobson (5-3) vs. Kay Hansen (3-2)
Atomweight: Amber Brown (7-4) vs. Alesha Zappitella (4-0, 1 NC)
Strawweight: Jamie Moyle (4-3) vs. Brianna Van Buren (4-2)
Bantamweight: Sarah Kleczka (2-1) vs. Brittney Victoria (2-0)
Atomweight: Ashley Medina (0-1) vs. Anastasia Nikolakakos (2-0) Funky Cold Medina
Flyweight: Chantel Coates (0-0) vs. Ashlynn Kleinbeck (0-0)

Invicta FC 33 will also mark the debut of former Invicta FC featherweight champion and current UFC contender Megan Anderson as an in-cage, post-fight correspondent.

https://invictafc.com/2018/12/10/invicta-fc-33-preliminary-card-streams-live-and-free-on-facebook/

Saturday. UFC Women's Flyweight Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Andrea Lee
will be on FS1 at 5pm EST https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_Fox:_Lee_vs._Iaquinta_2

Saturday. Bellator 213: Macfarlane vs. Létourneau. The event will be live on DAZN. It will feature Honolulu native Ilima-Lei Macfarlane defending the Bellator Women's Flyweight Championship against UFC veteran Valérie Létourneau. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_MMA_in_2018#Bellator_213

About Rin Nakai: someone here mentioned she has lupus. I went through her hatena diary and noticed a few things.

On August 03 she suddenly came down with a high fever right before her fight with Sugiyama. Over the course of several months Rin apologized for not having recovered yet.

Anybody know anything else to confirm that's what she has?

Last edited:
Gathered some info on this weekend's fights.

Friday. Bellator and USO Present: Primus vs. Chandler 2. The event will be live on Paramount Network and DAZN. Women's Flyweight Alejandra Lara vs. Juliana Velasquez https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_MMA_in_2018#Bellator_213

Saturday 7:30pm CT. According to Invicta's site the prelim card (first 3 fights) will stream live & free on facebook while the entire card including prelims will air live on fight pass.

Atomweight Title: Jinh Yu Frey (7-3) vs. Minna Grusander (6-2)
Strawweight: Danielle Taylor (9-4) vs. Monserrat Ruiz (8-0)
Strawweight: Sharon Jacobson (5-3) vs. Kay Hansen (3-2)
Atomweight: Amber Brown (7-4) vs. Alesha Zappitella (4-0, 1 NC)
Strawweight: Jamie Moyle (4-3) vs. Brianna Van Buren (4-2)
Bantamweight: Sarah Kleczka (2-1) vs. Brittney Victoria (2-0)
Atomweight: Ashley Medina (0-1) vs. Anastasia Nikolakakos (2-0) Funky Cold Medina
Flyweight: Chantel Coates (0-0) vs. Ashlynn Kleinbeck (0-0)

Invicta FC 33 will also mark the debut of former Invicta FC featherweight champion and current UFC contender Megan Anderson as an in-cage, post-fight correspondent.

https://invictafc.com/2018/12/10/invicta-fc-33-preliminary-card-streams-live-and-free-on-facebook/

Saturday. UFC Women's Flyweight Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Andrea Lee
will be on FS1 at 5pm EST https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_Fox:_Lee_vs._Iaquinta_2

Saturday. Bellator 213: Macfarlane vs. Létourneau. The event will be live on DAZN. It will feature Honolulu native Ilima-Lei Macfarlane defending the Bellator Women's Flyweight Championship against UFC veteran Valérie Létourneau. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_MMA_in_2018#Bellator_213

Oh shit, this weekend is stacked. I'm ill so this is perfect for me.

Back