Official McGregor vs Mayweather Megathread (Post anything that isn't breaking news in here)

Article is just full of hypotheticals but your thread title presents it as fact, "If Mcgregor took this deal and the PPV cost this much and they sell this much of them then he will make this"

Only those involved in putting the deal together knows what Conor stands to make at this point.

Even IF the article was accurate it's say Conor would get 40mil from the PPV split so if you add the show money (Dana originally offered 25mil show money to both) that is more than 50mil.

nice reply clown
He's laughing because you're saying Conor is the A side.

tenor.gif

If Conor actually had confidence in his skills he wouldn't be taking this fight. His popularity isn't based on skill but on his showmanship and the narrative with casuals as some unbeatable badass. This fight with get a ton of attention and sell a shitload of ppvs. When he gets embarrassed in the ring, and he will get embarrassed, casuals will not separate this loss from his mama career like mama fans will, which will hurt his future UFC buys. He will hurt his brand and future pay days. He's not a boxer. Getting his ass kicked by one of the best boxers in history will not help his fighting career.

It's funny when people on this site like to act like they understand anything about business or how this deal Is gonna go down.

There's a couple smart people here but let's be real..

most of you guys have no clue and just talk for the sake of talking.

Mayweather/ Pac sold 4.4 million. Conor/ Nate 2 sold 1.6 million. That's not even close to half. C'mon man.

Mayweather vs. Canelo and Oscar did 2.2 and 2.4

That May/Pac fight was a unicorn and all you haters wanna bring up.

The highest PPVs of all time are Floyd,Conor and Tyson. I would venture to say that as much if not more ppl are excited to see Conor fight these days over Mayrunner.

Mayweather vs. Canelo and Oscar did 2.2 and 2.4

That May/Pac fight was a unicorn and all you haters wanna bring up.

The highest PPVs of all time are Floyd,Conor and Tyson. I would venture to say that as much if not more ppl are excited to see Conor fight these days over Mayrunner.
You are forgetting that UFC bouts are cheaper than Floyd's boxing bouts.

Floyd vs Canelo cost $65-$75 on PPV and sold 2.2 million

Conor vs Nate 2 cost $50-$60 on PPV and sold 1.6 million

Floyd's fight cost significantly more to watch, but it still sold significantly more PPV buys. Conor does very well, but it is clear who the better performer is in the box office.

As to the Paquiao fight, that cost a whopping $100 to watch on PPV. You can call it a unicorn if you want, but Conor has never come anywhere near that level of PPV success.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.badl...0856/mayweather-vs-canelo-ppv-priced-at-65-75

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...s-diaz-2-how-to-order-online-tv-xbox-one/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...559/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-pay-per-view-price

Didnt Mayweather's team already say 80/20 split. Floyd is the A side taking all the risk. Also, there is no chance in hell it would sell 4 million. May/Pac was a legitimate fight, a lifetime in the making. Everything about the Floyd/Conor fight seems like a quick cash grab.

So now Floyd is taking all the risk? Till now it was: Conor doesn't stand a snow ball chance, now he is taking risks?:)) Risk of what? Fight not selling? You are out of mid if you don't think this fight will sell.

Conor is better off just defending his belt. While he'll be making more money for the floyd fight, I don't think it's worth the embarrassment. Plus as stated, greedy Dana will be taking a cut. If he defends a few times, I'm sure the money would equal to a fight with floyd.
That assumes a few fights would equal this
Im guessing despite his talk connor prob only takes in 3-5 mil for his recent fights at most
This could net him 25mil upwards

Didnt Mayweather's team already say 80/20 split. Floyd is the A side taking all the risk. Also, there is no chance in hell it would sell 4 million. May/Pac was a legitimate fight, a lifetime in the making. Everything about the Floyd/Conor fight seems like a quick cash grab.
80/20 split? why even take the fight lmao <45>

dumb argument, the point is Conor is the one that sold more ppv on average and is more famous.
they are boxing not fighting in the cage. Floyd is the AA side here bruh.

Who cares what that article says. The estimated number is 75 million. Conor said it's more. There are clearly streams of revenue that aren't being accounted for aside from gate and PPV. Maybe endorsements and back-end type stuff, TV rights internationally, advertisements, etc that all trickle down.

After taxes he's looking at 40-50 million.

He could have been something great in mma had he not been afraid to fall
Afraid to fall? Dude set all of his goals and went after them, and achieved them. He said right when he got signed that he was gonna win the fw belt, and then move up and get the lw belt. After he got the fw belt, he said he would win the lw belt and then fight Floyd.

He called all of this stuff a long time ago and has literally done all of it. Everyone is just mad that he's not doing what they want him to do. He even fought Nate again after Nate beat him. That would've been a huge hit on his career if he lost that rematch but he went right back and did it.

He ran from all the true tests.
He ran right at some true tests. He went straight after Aldo, and straight after RDA. Went straight after Diaz who just humiliated him with no camp.

People have Conor backward. He takes plenty of risks. But he is judicious about pursuing reward for those risks.

Anyway, even if Conor 'only' makes $50m after all merchandise, sponsorship, giving the UFC their cut (and I know the article suggests $54m between UFC and Conor, but doesn't include some of the above revenue streams) that is a simply obscene amount of money for an MMA fighter with no pro boxing matches to his name to make in a single boxing match. Crazy money. It'll be dwarfed by Mayweather earnings but still millions more than any MMA fighter has ever made in the UFC.

Personally I don't care that much what Conor earns, other than curiosity at the final number. But I do find it weird that anyone could say he will 'only' make $25m after taxes etc. That's crazy money.

Conor is going to lose atleast 60-70% of his purse due to taxes/UFC. I reckon 2-3 fights in the UFC + ppv points will earn him more than the Floyd fight.
And he could have had those fights and earnings already. Plus if they actually schedule the Floyd fight, I suppose it'll be several months away. For all Conor's money talk, he's missing out on tens of millions by being so inactive.

Back