Official McGregor vs Mayweather Megathread (Post anything that isn't breaking news in here)

Son of Werdum

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mod edit:

As said in the title, discuss the hypothetical match up all you want inside this thread until anything changes...

---

I think most of my fellow Conor fans can agree with me here that both we and Conor are terrified of what Floyd is going to do to him. We keep making these weird hypothetical threads about Conor knocking out Floyd but I can admit it is just a defense mechanism because we are so deeply terrified by the skill disparity. We understand that there is no realistic chance for Conor to win and it's a tough pill to swallow.

This isn't a hand picked opponent like Nate Diaz or Alvarez who are made to get hit. This isn't some overrated journeyman like Porier. It is not an unknown talent he can openly duck like Tony or Khabib. Floyd is the man and fighter that Conor wishes to be, and it's heartbreaking as his fan.

I keep looking down the list of Mayweathers record trying to find someone Conor can beat. Canelo would body Conor worse than Khan, Pac would look like a fucking hurricane against Conor; Maidana, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya, Marquez, Hatton, Judah, they all beat people better than Conor when they were amateurs.

I am trying to find the silver lining in this but it is tough seeing my fellow Conor fans so desperate this far from a potential fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most of my fellow Conor fans can agree with me here that both we and Conor are terrified of what Floyd is going to do to him. We keep making these weird hypothetical threads about Conor knocking out Floyd but I can admit it is just a defense mechanism because we are so deeply terrified by the skill disparity. We understand that there is no realistic chance for Conor to win and it's a tough pill to swallow.

This isn't a hand picked opponent like Nate Diaz or Alvarez who are made to get hit. This isn't some overrated journeyman like Porier. It is not an unknown talent he can openly duck like Tony or Khabib. Floyd is the man and fighter that Conor wishes to be, and it's heartbreaking as his fan.

I keep looking down the list of Mayweathers record trying to find someone Conor can beat. Canelo would body Conor worse than Khan, Pac would look like a fucking hurricane against Conor; Maidana, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya, Marquez, Hatton, Judah, they all beat people better than Conor when they were amateurs.

I am trying to find the silver lining in this but it is tough seeing my fellow Conor fans so desperate this far from a potential fight.
I saw a few of your other posts. You are definitely not a real Conor fan, you are pretending to be one.

I saw a few of your other posts. You are definitely not a real Conor fan, you are pretending to be one.

C'mon man I have an AV of him from before he even had his tattoo's. I have been a fan of his from before he was even in the UFC. I am just realistic about his accomplishments and abilities.

Salty Conlan nuthuggers incoming

Not Son of Werdum, more like Son of bitch.

Ya goof.

C'mon man I have an AV of him from before he even had his tattoo's. I have been a fan of his from before he was even in the UFC. I am just realistic about his accomplishments and abilities.

Im a conor fan and he has no shot. Heres a vid i saw today of a pro boxer telling you what its like to face floyd.

Conor would get obliterated by him.

Then you should know better man.

. Hes having his first pro fight vs the best boxer of his generation. If he loses it wont affect his status as a ufc champ. It would heighten it because he took such a difficult fight.

I hope he can get through it without much of a beating or a quick stoppage.

Fighters in boxing get ruined by prolonged beatings way more than quick knockouts. Look at bowe/holyfield as an example

I see what you did there brah.

conor_mcgregor_vs_nate_diaz_ufc_196_highlights-1.gif

Seriously though, if Conor can take this many shots from someone as slow as Nate Diaz imagine the speed disparity in Mayweathers favor.

If Conor is this tired 8 minutes into being a frontrunner imagine him after 36 minutes of being beaten to the punch and whiffing on shots.

None of my fellow Conor fans can tell me the Diaz fight did not traumatize them at least a little. I have never admitted it but I cried that night. I don't know if I can handle something potentially so much worse.

Conor is terrfied of defending a belt, what would you rather see him do next?

As a Conor fan, it doesn't terrify me at all. Conor is not going to win the fight, he has 0% chance, but he's going to make a RETARDED amount of money and when he loses he can just say "Yeah so what, you've been boxing forever, this was my first pro fight, of course you beat me, but if you fight me in a real fight I'll kill you" and then everyone rides off into the sunset with their cash.

Conor is terrfied of defending a belt, what would you rather see him do next?

If he could maybe have a fight he is heavily favored in but still not for the belt just in case he loses. I'm thinking maybe Urijah Faber or something along those lines.

Back