Official McGregor vs Mayweather Megathread (Post anything that isn't breaking news in here)

Floyd is a pro boxer, and Conor is an amateur boxer...And the only way Conor loses is due to cardio, or decision...

I like Conor and will watch this fight but I honestly believe he can hurt Conor and not just outlpoint him . Dudes have been wrecked in one boxing match and never been same after. . For those that say Floyd can't hit , I say " he hits hard enough that motherfuckers don't walk thru his punches ." He has enough pop on his shit to keep you at bay . And just cause he can't knock out Canelo Fucking Alvarez doesn't mean he can't hurt Conor . Brutal , sustained ass kicking for 10 round tko is worse for your health than one punch ko.

You mean a sanctioned mma fight?

Because in a "real" fight. Floyd has about 6 giant bodyguards that would beat the shit out of Conor. A street fight has no rules.

No a "real" fight.1 on 1.

Bodyguards...lol.

Look everybody knows Conor smokes Floyd in an MMA fight or a real fight or a kickboxing, BJJ... fucking everything.

The proper hugger claim. Just like conor, fights low risk high rewards fights. Notice he never has anything to lose in his fights since he became champion. No belts to lose, raises up in weight, well Im fighting bigger people to challenge myself. Now, stepping out of his realm and into boxing, and you huggers just like conor can say, "If he wins he's the greatest. If he loses... well he was supposed to lose". Pathetic.

He is suppossed to lose dork.

Dont worry he will smoke the #1 contender this year then you can find something else to bitch about.

I'm a conor hater and i think he stiffens floyd in the first. Pains me to say it but i see no other outcome.

Its gonna make MMA look stupid, we will never hear the last of it from all the boxing fans and others for a long time..

Only Conor will look stupid. And only fanboys will bother themselves with those arguments. The actual fighters usually have respect for each other's craft.

"Conor fan", yeah right.
Terrible trolling.

I have an AV from before he ever saw that Canadian model guy's tattoo's. Your AV has tattoos. That means I have been a fan longer. Show some respect Junior.

I'm a conor hater and i think he stiffens floyd in the first. Pains me to say it but i see no other outcome.

images

I have an AV from before he ever saw that Canadian model guy's tattoo's. Your AV has tattoos. That means I have been a fan longer. Show some respect Junior.
It use to be an art, trolling.
Then morons like you came along, who put no effort into it.

It use to be an art, trolling.
Then morons like you came along, who put no effort into it.

Lol Conor bless. Lol McGoat, lol this is an art. He will knock out Mayweather. So much effort.

Good read,
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor...eather-nowhere-close-happening-193457357.html

explains the numbers behind what Conor could potentially make

"So if they cut it $10 and offer it at $79.95, that means that at 4 million sales, they’ll generate nearly $320 million, or $136 million going to the promotion.

If Mayweather-McGregor has the same 60-40 split that Mayweather-Pacquiao had, that would mean $81.5 million would go to Mayweather and $54.4 million would go to be split between McGregor and White."

So best case he splits 54.4 with uncle Dana and co.

With the way the UFC likes taking the Lions share I doubt he even makes 25 mil.

Conor is going to lose atleast 60-70% of his purse due to taxes/UFC. I reckon 2-3 fights in the UFC + ppv points will earn him more than the Floyd fight.

Didnt Mayweather's team already say 80/20 split. Floyd is the A side taking all the risk. Also, there is no chance in hell it would sell 4 million. May/Pac was a legitimate fight, a lifetime in the making. Everything about the Floyd/Conor fight seems like a quick cash grab.

Conor is going to lose atleast 60-70% of his purse due to taxes/UFC. I reckon 2-3 fights in the UFC + ppv points will earn him more than the Floyd fight.

And not to mention his career is at a stand still as is, and we still have yet to hear the demands from Floyd's camp.

Didnt Mayweather's team already say 80/20 split. Floyd is the A side taking all the risk. Also, there is no chance in hell it would sell 4 million. May/Pac was a legitimate fight, a lifetime in the making. Everything about the Floyd/Conor fight seems like a quick cash grab.
floyd isn't the A side, nice try

Good read,
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor...eather-nowhere-close-happening-193457357.html

explains the numbers behind what Conor could potentially make

"So if they cut it $10 and offer it at $79.95, that means that at 4 million sales, they’ll generate nearly $320 million, or $136 million going to the promotion.

If Mayweather-McGregor has the same 60-40 split that Mayweather-Pacquiao had, that would mean $81.5 million would go to Mayweather and $54.4 million would go to be split between McGregor and White."

So best case he splits 54.4 with uncle Dana and co.

With the way the UFC likes taking the Lions share I doubt he even makes 25 mil.

I don't think they will sell 4 millions PPVs at $79 in the US, but I'll comment on your numbers.

You used $136 million from the PPV sales to get the numbers.

So they don't sell a single ticket to the actual arena? Not a single T-shirt, or a single beer sponsor? How about international TV licensing fees? Or UK PPV? It'll be PPV in UK because of McGregor.

I don't care if he makes $50 million, $5 million, or a $100 million. I'm just curious how much he makes in the end because I wonder about the impact to his and other UFC fighter's career decisions.

I don't think they will sell 4 millions PPVs, but I'll comment on your numbers.

You used $136 million from the PPV sales to get the numbers.

So they don't sell a single ticket to the actual arena? Not a single T-shirt, or a single beer sponsor?
Read the article

Back