Official McGregor vs Mayweather Megathread (Post anything that isn't breaking news in here)

Didnt Mayweather's team already say 80/20 split. Floyd is the A side taking all the risk. Also, there is no chance in hell it would sell 4 million. May/Pac was a legitimate fight, a lifetime in the making. Everything about the Floyd/Conor fight seems like a quick cash grab.
How is Floyd the A side when his last ppv did less than 400k buys?
Because of the manny fight?
No, I think most people learned their lesson on that one. People are excited to see Conor fight and pay to hopefully see Floyd lose(won't happen) but Conor is definitely in the mainstream and the current draw.

Conor is the one taking all the risk going to a sport where he's expected to lose when he's at the peak of his aura in MMA. He is not worth vastly more than Conor because Floyd is a retired boxer who has no plans on generating anymore money as a boxer. That's not worth much to anyone.

<Deported1>

Conor is taking no risk because he's expected to lose handily. Didn't you just sarcastically tell me to "bet all my money on Conor"? <{nope}>

Id do it for 1 million.

You bring like ten fans to the table, and they're all family.

Mods would instantly delete all heavies threads related to your fight, but would allow the ones in multimedia.

Conor is only going to make 49 million dollars? Am I supposed to feel bad for him?

floyd isn't the A side, nice try

a06ac9d617a880f03c56ba80262977b6ad2093cd5c5d98bdacb2e1f6d4468b75.jpg

So he walks with 20 million for 1 fight ?

Seems like hes doing the right thing to me.

You think the guy with 0 pro fights is the A side to the GOAT boxer of our generation
cc4ecea956e472024df78436e63a5be96130804d37f01e9eefa5e88e13d1e52b.jpg
Truth is, they need each other for this fight. There's no one else who Floyd could fight and have it sell. And Conor can't possibly fight another high level boxer similar in size and expect this kind of payday. It takes two to tango.

Good read,
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor...eather-nowhere-close-happening-193457357.html

explains the numbers behind what Conor could potentially make

"So if they cut it $10 and offer it at $79.95, that means that at 4 million sales, they’ll generate nearly $320 million, or $136 million going to the promotion.

If Mayweather-McGregor has the same 60-40 split that Mayweather-Pacquiao had, that would mean $81.5 million would go to Mayweather and $54.4 million would go to be split between McGregor and White."

So best case he splits 54.4 with uncle Dana and co.

With the way the UFC likes taking the Lions share I doubt he even makes 25 mil.

A few things not mentioned...

The PPV split to providers for Mayweather-Pac was negotiated to be better then 50/50.

Also there is no mention of International TV deals in non PPV driven Countries.

In addition sponsor money would be through the roof.

After expenses it seems to reason they will split 250-300M minimum.

You are forgetting that UFC bouts are cheaper than Floyd's boxing bouts.

Floyd vs Canelo cost $65-$75 on PPV and sold 2.2 million

Conor vs Nate 2 cost $50-$60 on PPV and sold 1.6 million

Floyd's fight cost significantly more to watch, but it still sold significantly more PPV buys. Conor does very well, but it is clear who the better performer is in the box office.

As to the Paquiao fight, that cost a whopping $100 to watch on PPV. You can call it a unicorn if you want, but Conor has never come anywhere near that level of PPV success.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.badl...0856/mayweather-vs-canelo-ppv-priced-at-65-75

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...s-diaz-2-how-to-order-online-tv-xbox-one/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...559/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-pay-per-view-price

I concede that Mayweather WAS the bigger PPV draw and could still be. However the #'s are not THAT far off minus the May/Pac fight and Im not sure how Floyd would do these days. He turned a lot of ppl off with the May/Pac fight. I bet if he fought Canelo again he would do closer to Conors #'s.

Because he has the biggest fight ever he should get more money but ppl here act like Conor doesnt even sell close. Just like they act like hes never thrown a punch and isnt a professional fighter when discussing the match itself.

I don't think they will sell 4 millions PPVs at $79 in the US, but I'll comment on your numbers.

You used $136 million from the PPV sales to get the numbers.

So they don't sell a single ticket to the actual arena? Not a single T-shirt, or a single beer sponsor? How about international TV licensing fees? Or UK PPV? It'll be PPV in UK because of McGregor.

I don't care if he makes $50 million, $5 million, or a $100 million. I'm just curious how much he makes in the end because I wonder about the impact to his and other UFC fighter's career decisions.
The PPV price will most certainly be 90 to 100. And we will all pay. The split with providers will be 60-40 as was MW-PAC. The the buzz on this will create 5 million buys. The gate will be the highest ever. Sponsors, international TV deals, a fight camp TV series...

The math seems to add up to them splitting a minimum of 300m.

225m from PPV. 5m buys, 90.00 per buy, even at 50% split.

75m gate

International TV deals ??? 25m

Sponsors??? 25m

24/7 fight camp special ?? 5-10m

Seems like the numbers put it at 300-350m?

Didnt Mayweather's team already say 80/20 split. Floyd is the A side taking all the risk. Also, there is no chance in hell it would sell 4 million. May/Pac was a legitimate fight, a lifetime in the making. Everything about the Floyd/Conor fight seems like a quick cash grab.

Yea but you have to factor in the MMA fans who would order the PPV as well.

Mcgregor will make way more against Mayweather then he will ever make in a UFC fight. I'm sure he is fine with whatever he makes.

Back