Official McGregor vs Mayweather Megathread (Post anything that isn't breaking news in here)

That is the good thing about boxing they set the purse their is not bullshit show money and win money then 3 dollars per PPV buy. Whatever Conor agrees to is on him and if he is not happy with the number don't sign on the dotted line it is that simple

Conor is better off just defending his belt. While he'll be making more money for the floyd fight, I don't think it's worth the embarrassment. Plus as stated, greedy Dana will be taking a cut. If he defends a few times, I'm sure the money would equal to a fight with floyd.

floyd isn't the A side, nice try
You think the guy with 0 pro fights is the A side to the GOAT boxer of our generation
cc4ecea956e472024df78436e63a5be96130804d37f01e9eefa5e88e13d1e52b.jpg

Floyd's job will be to make it last at least 4 rounds

Conor is better off just defending his belt. While he'll be making more money for the floyd fight, I don't think it's worth the embarrassment. Plus as stated, greedy Dana will be taking a cut. If he defends a few times, I'm sure the money would equal to a fight with floyd.
He could have been something great in mma had he not been afraid to fall

Read the article

Ah ok. I initially only read your post. I now see in the article, Iole lazily says:

That doesn’t include the other revenue streams, but combined, they would be far less than the pay-per-view revenues.

I wonder what "far less" means. If the PPV revenues are $420 million like he says, $150 million in other revenue could still qualify as "far less".

I guess I'm just disagreeing with your "So best case he splits 54.4 with uncle Dana and co. " Maybe add $20 million on top of that from other revenue sources.

I think McGregor would be happy with $20 mil or $30 mil. Maybe he will get close to $50 mil, hard to tell.

Maybe he could make more in the rematch if he wins the first one.

Conor and mayweather will sell even if it isnt a legitimiate fight. why because thats all the media cares bout, its what dana gets asked about every single time.

He could have been something great in mma had he not been afraid to fall

Conor would get much more respect from haters if he would just defend. I actually think he could reign for a good while, and this is coming from someone who wants Conor to lose.

Conor brings those numbers, without him they are getting 300k at best

With 300k PPV buys in boxing you still earn more then 1m PPV buys in the UFC, that's just plain fucking sad, slave owner Dana on point with his slaves doe.

Good read,
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor...eather-nowhere-close-happening-193457357.html

explains the numbers behind what Conor could potentially make

"So if they cut it $10 and offer it at $79.95, that means that at 4 million sales, they’ll generate nearly $320 million, or $136 million going to the promotion.

If Mayweather-McGregor has the same 60-40 split that Mayweather-Pacquiao had, that would mean $81.5 million would go to Mayweather and $54.4 million would go to be split between McGregor and White."

So best case he splits 54.4 with uncle Dana and co.

With the way the UFC likes taking the Lions share I doubt he even makes 25 mil.

They will charge 100 to 150.

Simple.

Back