Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any Incsntations worth grabbing? Right now I'm using Black Flame and it's just really fucking good.

Any Incsntations worth grabbing? Right now I'm using Black Flame and it's just really fucking good.

Lords heal is excellent and the lightning spear is cool too - it's quick to cast but you can charge it too for greater power. I also like the dragon breath ekzykes decay. Blast big enemies twice with it at the start of a fight to inflict rot. I prefer a mixed intell / faith build so I can mix it up.

So my go to's are Rennalas moon spell, rock sling, ancient death rancor, night comet, lords heal, ekzykes decay, lightning spear.

With bigger less mobile bosses comet azure is awesome with your cracked tear properly configured. Sometimes use Golden vow.

For full disclosure my character is massively OP, with 99 intell and I think 80 faith. Plus platinumed so have all the good toys to play with.

Blasphemous Blade is easy mode in Elden Ring. Fun, but highly overpowered. Runs over almost everything in the game, including the last 4 bosses.

Its not my normal equip, but that npc was doing my head in so went with that, good to know though for future use

Pest threads makes your life 10x easier. It has a weird casting angle so is perfect for getting enemies above or below you that other spells can't reach. It's also really powerful against big bosses you can get underneath as it often seems to do double or triple damage.

Trying to get to Radahn so I have to unlock Altus Plato to start his festival. Currently going through the magic gauntlet that's blocking my way. My god. Red Wolf, Rennala and Loretta.

To be fair I really like Red Wolf now and hopefully the same for Loretta once I figure her out. But I dunno about Rennala. Phase one is so tedious and there are five rounds of it, and phase two seems impossible with low damage. Her spells are too OP.

You don't need to fight through Renala to get to Atlus plateau though (although I recommend taking your time first couple play throughs to experience everything!). You get the two halves to the Dectus medal and can get to Atlus very quickly skipping Godrick and Renala if you want.

Fort Haight, Fort Faroth for the two halves. Run around the right side of Godrick to skip to Liurnia of the Lakes. Scoot up to get the key by the dragon to get into the castle and instead of going in, take the path over the broken bridge across and towards the grand lift of dectus

I think you can open up Radahn in about an hour or less after starting the game.

Last edited:
You don't need to fight through Renala to get to Atlus plateau though (although I recommend taking your time first couple play throughs to experience everything!). You get the two halves to the Dectus medal and can get to Atlus very quickly skipping Godrick and Renala if you want.

Fort Haight, Fort Faroth for the two halves. Run around the right side of Godrick to skip to Liurnia of the Lakes. Scoot up to get the key by the dragon to get into the castle and instead of going in, take the path over the broken bridge across and towards the grand lift of dectus

I think you can open up Radahn in about an hour or less after starting the game.
I know you can skip her but just trying to work through all the main bosses in order. I got the two halves of Dectus and also did Rya's request so she'll be waiting to take me to Volcano Manor when I get to Altus Plateau.

I did two full playthroughs when ER first released but have forgotten almost everything so had to look up how all this stuff works. There are so many steps to everything in this game.

I started to really like Rennala so I'm trying to no hit the fight but my god, it's so frustrating.

You can really see the masocore elements and how Fromsoft fucks with you when you try to avoid taking chip damage in phase one from all the fire and flying books. They steer you into their traps and then dump chandeliers or the little minions on your head just to piss you off.

Has anyone else had controller issues recently on PC?

I don't know if it's my PC or from the last ER patch but sometimes the shoulder and face buttons stop working but the sticks and dpad are fine. Without shoulder buttons I can't exit the game and alt+f4 won't work either for some reason so it's like the game hangs but my character can still move around. It's very strange.

Has anyone else had controller issues recently on PC?

I don't know if it's my PC or from the last ER patch but sometimes the shoulder and face buttons stop working but the sticks and dpad are fine. Without shoulder buttons I can't exit the game and alt+f4 won't work either for some reason so it's like the game hangs but my character can still move around. It's very strange
I've only played on console, what the heck are "shoulder and face buttons"?

Thought I finally had a hitless run but somehow took 5 points of damage against Rennala. How tf do you take 5 damage in a boss fight?? And I'm so stubborn I have to keep going now. lol

It's hilarious how often the bosses I hate at first become so much fun the more I fight them. I've had a blast grinding this boss all weekend even though it's insanely frustrating at the same time. I'm a total masochist apparently.

Lol I'm mostly a console player too and only learned those terms after I started playing on PC. The most confusing thing is getting used to Xbox labels on all your games, especially X (which is a different button on each platform).
@HereticBD

Good. Had like half a second where I wondered if I was missing out on some secret head butt or MacGregor-esque shoulder strikes!!

Just got Maliketh out of the way plus a quick trip to the Cave of the Forlorn to get my last legendary armament done

Back