No Spoilers Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC (21 June 2024)

Can one of you Tarnished enlighten me on how the Okami system will be applied to our chars who've existed for 100s of hours outside any such system?

Maybe that's an unknown still but I don't understand exactly what happens to my char when I take the eye of a blood-drunk hunter to Cathedral Ward or whatever I have to do.

Are all chars down-levelled to lvl n to even the playing field?

Hard agree with Baize that this is a very smart way for From to manage power economy and for meta builds, to retard power creep. Just don't want anything messing with me boy. They grow up so fast, lol.
It says it keeps your rune level and this system just adds attack power. I’m guessing even with a high level you won’t do much damage unless you get some of the attack buffs . Doesn’t seem to be replacing anything, just another addition

this whole time i never knew that the stormveil castle was entirely skippable. i thought somehow i had to kill margit and godrick. as it was required by the story to advance further into the game and shit. and thats basically where the game pointed me to go from the start. even though i wasn't sure what areas it was supposed to lock me out of if i didnt do it, i was just convinced that doing the castle was important to the game.

i mean i cleared out everything else in limgrave and caelid and started doing shit in liurnia, made it to the altus plateau, fucked around a bit, then took out radahn and went down into the crater into nokron. cleared all that shit out. and then i'm thinking man how far through the game can i push this time without having to do the castle, so i look it up and it turns out that the castle is entirely optional. so then i cleared it just to get the easiest part out of the way because i'm gonna clear every zone before i finish my journey. i did it the last 3 times, why stop now?

4th journey now and i'm doing a no-mimic run and so far so good. some of the stronger bosses took a few attempts but i'm definately not feeling anywhere over my head. but i'm level 298 now even though the levelling is super slow now. over 830k runes to level up now. i might get all the way to mohg before i even make it mucn past 300. even though i'm doing all of the mini dungeons and everything along the way.

melania felt like a pushover the first 2 times. on my 3rd journey she was giving me a real good fucking though. i'm not really looking forward to that without a mimic. i know i'm probably going to get my ass handed to me alot. i'm big and slow and whacking things with my ultra greatsword is all that i know. but i should be able to persevere. if not i'll probably just farm some albinaurics till my eyes bleed just to pump a bit more into my stats. but i know i'm probably gonna have my hands full with that bitch this time around.

thinking i might be able to just play this game on and off and squeeze a few more journeys in before the dlc arrives. if i can just bruce lee everything to death then thats a game changer for me.

maybe for my 5th journey i'll clear everything else and then run back to the castle, and i'll get to godrick and be like yeah bitch whats up? i've got melania, mohg and the elden beasts heads on these sticks. now it's your turn! and then watch as godrick just tosses me his great rune and commits suicide instead because he don't want none of these hands.

Last edited:
Back