No Spoilers Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC (21 June 2024)

Any ideas from the From Software veteran's here about builds for DLC. My main character is OP and onto about NG6 or so. Not sure on level but for perspective I have a few stat's at 99. I've completed the game fully but not started another NG in anticipation for the DLC. Should I take this one to the DLC or build another one up to about level 150ish? Will it even let me take the OP one to the DLC? Any theories out there?

The scene in the trailer with the guy doing kicks looks like High Monk from Sekiro. Whatever let's me use that I'm getting it.

The scene in the trailer with the guy doing kicks looks like High Monk from Sekiro. Whatever let's me use that I'm getting it.
That exact scene caught my eye too. We going Wushu in the Lands Between.

Here are some quick facts to expect for what From is calling their 'largest ever' expansion:

- Based on lore written by George RR Martin prior to the game's release
- 10+ new bosses
- 8 new weapon types
- Boss equal in difficulty to Malenia

- Will contain a Poison Swamp ( :eek: )

Here are some quick facts to expect for what From is calling their 'largest ever' expansion:

- 10+ new bosses
- 8 new weapon types

And 2 dozen fucking Rune Bears.

There was a duel where it looked like maybe someone parried with a katana. Probably too much to hope for a Sekiro implementation so I'll try not to, but it would be awesome.

Regardless it looks amazing, day 1 for me

There was a duel where it looked like maybe someone parried with a katana. Probably too much to hope for a Sekiro implementation so I'll try not to, but it would be awesome.

Regardless it looks amazing, day 1 for me
In the trailer? What time marker?

Thought this would be an appropriate thread to post this -

Old Gamer Plays Elden Ring

He's actually an author who wrote the novel that Double Jeopardy, an early 2000s movie with Tommy Lee Jones, was adapted from.

He's been playing games since pong.

If you don't want to watch all 20 minutes, here's a few shorts.

- 10+ new bosses
- 8 new weapon types

So how big is it supposedly going to be in comparison the the base game?

Haven't read through the thread so apologies if its already been answered.

So how big is it supposedly going to be in comparison the the base game?

Haven't read through the thread so apologies if its already been answered.
Apparently it's the size of Limgrave, bottom section. That's about a fifth to a sith of the entire map, which is massive e overall.

From what I've read, it's
densely packed with legacy dungeons and at least one big area of open fieldsI wish it was coming sooner, can't wait.

It will be over two years since I've played when this releases, so I look forward to starting a new character build. Those unarmed attacks look dope!

Edit* Map I posted didn't work. I hate posting on my tablet. Can someone else post the full ER map.

Apparently it's the size of Limgrave, bottom section. That's about a fifth to a sith of the entire map, which is massive e overall.

densely packed with legacy dungeons and at least one big area of open fieldsI wish it was coming sooner, can't wait.

It will be over two years since I've played when this releases, so I look forward to starting a new character build. Those unarmed attacks look dope!

Edit* Map I posted didn't work. I hate posting on my tablet. Can someone else post the full ER map.
So, here's the nicest game map of Lands Between I could find (uploaded to Imgur). Then below that is the DLC size equivalence re: Limgrave, like you said.

Lands Between:

DLC approximation:

ERMDLC.jpg

cc: @GearSolidMetal

So, here's the nicest game map of Lands Between I could find (uploaded to Imgur). Then below that is the DLC size equivalence re: Limgrave, like you said.

Lands Between:

DLC approximation:

View attachment 1031400

cc: @GearSolidMetal

Like.

<JackieThumbsUp>

I'm so happy I didn't start NG+, you have to teleport to the DLC in the Mohg boss area after you defeat him. I'm ready to jump in! I wonder if people on NG7 will have to play the DLC at that difficulty or if they'll be able to play at standard difficulty.

I'm so happy I didn't start NG+, you have to teleport to the DLC in the Mohg boss area after you defeat him. I'm ready to jump in! I wonder if people on NG7 will have to play the DLC at that difficulty or if they'll be able to play at standard difficulty.

If it’s anything like past games you’ll have to enter the DLC at whatever level of NG you’re at. So I’ll either have to do at NG++ with my bleed build or my sorcery build, or NG+++ with my faith build. But I’ve thought about doing a strength build so we’ll see if I can find the time for a new character before June.

Back