Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - May, 2017

Called that shit. No way Pop wasn't gonna make adjustments after the spanking that they took in game one

Now I'm almost for sure gonna be backing the Rockets in game 3. Still debating if I wanna throw some cash on the Rockets series price with Tony Parker hurting his knee

hiping for a plus rockets series price. I got them at +178 before the series started and will double up if they are still in the plus. I think they win both home games.

Was confident in wizards but that -5.5 just seems so much to me after what happened last game in that 4th.

I've been really poor this offseason in NBA which is disappointing.

Got killed yet again in basketball. Shoulda listened to @iGnP . Pop definitely made the adjustments. Didn't help that the rockets couldn't make shit in the second half especially the 4th quarter.

Have gotten burned by the Wizards and Warriors so far these playoffs. Just not sure I can play Wizards at -6 tonight. I feel like this is a must win, but after the way they've played in the second half I think the safer play might be going with The Wizards first half -5.

On Pit's ML again for a unit, -105
Pit/CIN o8 -110. Been right so far on each o/u this series so gotta try and finish it
Nationals RL -1.5 -125

Aaaaand I'm now 2u deep on the Celtics +205. Really hoping they get a decent lead so I can freeroll because I don't like this bet at all

EDIT: Damn it, forgot to check the weather report for Pit/CIN. Could hurt

Last edited:
wizards willcome out strong tonight at home and cover. They were up big in both games in boston but the bench is just so bad and beal had a bad game 2. Thomas needed to put up 53 for the celitcs to push overtime and win on their home floor. The roole players for Washington will play much better at home tonight and wall and beal will dominate.

Paying the juice on the Wizards. Strong chance I will roll over the (potential) winnings over to the Rockets ML tomorrow

Wizards (-240) risk: 4.8u

dude they totally outplayed pitt, outshot them 38-18.. so infuriating

i'm getting smoked this playoffs, and no nadal to save me this week :(

I used to go to the same school as Bäckis ~16-17 years ago and it kind of sucks that he doesn't seem to get a win this year either. Not only because I tailed a little bit but also since he was a good dude. He was slightly awkward and might possibly have fucked a really fat black chick at some point, but I never heard of him being an ass or big headed.

dude they totally outplayed pitt, outshot them 38-18.. so infuriating

i'm getting smoked this playoffs, and no nadal to save me this week :(

They just can't get the job done. They are crazy favorites in game 5 which I guess is good but I don't like the chances of needing 3 in a row especially after outplaying Pitt and losing.

Nadal to win the French might still be the play at about +130 with the way he's been playing this year. Dude has basically only lost to Fed on hard courts and Fed is playing his best tennis in over 5 years. Also, Djoker and Murray look very beatable and some of these young studs will most likely take out 1-2 of the big boys When the tournament is over.

Think Nadal is rightful favourite but +130 is real short for the whole tournament, think it best to swerve that one, right about Djok & Murrays struggles though

Fed at 16/1 or Nishikori at 66/1 prob best value but feels like throwing money away betting on Kei

^^ let's wait to bet french, IMO. we have madrid and rome, still. learn a lot about guys' form at that point and see if rafa starts to break down physically at all, etc

@EzFlyer So I was talking about how the Clips and Dallas are great at underachieving and choking in big situations. Caps seem like that team in the nhl? I know Pitt is the reigning champ but isn't this like the second year in a row the Caps came out with the best record in the league and are once again looking at getting bounced before the finals?

I'm no expert but seems like Ovechkin and them have that mentality of not showing up when it counts the most in the playoffs. Holtby's been dog shit too.

UGLY loss. Felt really bad for you in the fourth quarter. Get em back next time, man
Yeah that was tough to watch. I'd play it again, sports suck sometimes. Haven't been following mlb much so far this year, how is your year going? you still listening to our boy basewinner's pod? Also haven't been listening to Gill's pod much either recently but he had Musberger on a couple weeks ago, listened the other night. Good ep if you haven't heard. Never knew about that Eminem story lol, seeing it was extra hilarious.

Yeah that was tough to watch. I'd play it again, sports suck sometimes. Haven't been following mlb much so far this year, how is your year going? you still listening to our boy basewinner's pod? Also haven't been listening to Gill's pod much either recently but he had Musberger on a couple weeks ago, listened the other night. Good ep if you haven't heard. Never knew about that Eminem story lol, seeing it was extra hilarious.
I listen to basewinner's pod every night but its while I'm at the gym so half the time I'm not paying too close of attention. Gil doesn't put out many podcasts outside of football season so that sucks but glad to see he's doing that new satellite radio show. Always enjoyed his podcasts. I'm basically treading water in baseball. I have a high % but I play juiced favs so my ROI is meniscule. Better than being in the red, I suppose. I'm gonna have to switch things up a bit but I was hoping I can build a little bit of BR before I throw some money on moderate dogs

I saw the Musberger pod the other day but I haven't listened to it yet. I'll download it today and give it a listen

@EzFlyer So I was talking about how the Clips and Dallas are great at underachieving and choking in big situations. Caps seem like that team in the nhl? I know Pitt is the reigning champ but isn't this like the second year in a row the Caps came out with the best record in the league and are once again looking at getting bounced before the finals?

I'm no expert but seems like Ovechkin and them have that mentality of not showing up when it counts the most in the playoffs. Holtby's been dog shit too.

Yea they're choking again. Makes me so mad. Lol

They still could do it. But room for error is now 0..

Yea they're choking again. Makes me so mad. Lol

They still could do it. But room for error is now 0..

Yeah it sucks but they still have a chance. Hopefully Crosby's out for the rest of the series. Caps looked really good last night just can't get it done in crunch time, it seems.

Nashville can finish out the series tonight which would be nice, though. I followed you on that so unless they choke too (knock on wood) we should get a nice payday on that.

Yeah it sucks but they still have a chance. Hopefully Crosby's out for the rest of the series. Caps looked really good last night just can't get it done in crunch time, it seems.

Nashville can finish out the series tonight which would be nice, though. I followed you on that so unless they choke too (knock on wood) we should get a nice payday on that.

nice, glad to hear it!

can't take full credit for that one, alpinepetey ("new shaun") helped nudge me in nashville's direction

.5 on Thomas U30.5 +105
.5 Washington -3.5 HT $1.88
.75 Washington -5.5 $1.94

Lmao I'll prob go 0-3 with my current betting.

Back