Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - May, 2017

On Pit's ML again for a unit, -105
Pit/CIN o8 -110. Been right so far on each o/u this series so gotta try and finish it
Nationals RL -1.5 -125

Aaaaand I'm now 2u deep on the Celtics +205. Really hoping they get a decent lead so I can freeroll because I don't like this bet at all

EDIT: Damn it, forgot to check the weather report for Pit/CIN. Could hurt

Well this sucks. DEFINITELY should have listened to myself and all logic and just live bet the Celtics game

Mariners -1.5 (+125) risk: 1u

Whoever wins a road game wins the series

Yea Washington has had big leads in all Of these games they just haven't gotten much from the bench on the road and beal was off in game 2. I think they have a good shot to pull the series out if they are able to tie it on Sunday and possibly steal game 5.

Yea Washington has had big leads in all Of these games they just haven't gotten much from the bench on the road and beal was off in game 2. I think they have a good shot to pull the series out if they are able to tie it on Sunday and possibly steal game 5.

Hit Wizards in 7 at +965 at the start of the series, so it'd be a nice consolation prize for the Celtics losing.

Wizards definitely have the right strategy now though, minus the technicals. Swarm IT when he has the ball, and go at him as much as possible on defense. Could not believe how often they let Boston get away with the attempts to hide him on defense. Ball is in Stevens' court now to find an answer

Hit Wizards in 7 at +965 at the start of the series, so it'd be a nice consolation prize for the Celtics losing.

Wizards definitely have the right strategy now though, minus the technicals. Swarm IT when he has the ball, and go at him as much as possible on defense. Could not believe how often they let Boston get away with the attempts to hide him on defense. Ball is in Stevens' court now to find an answer
You better arb if it gets to game 7, Wizards are a shit road team

You better arb if it gets to game 7, Wizards are a shit road team

Yeah I'll be all over it for sure, possibly even after game 4 depending how the odds are. Only have .33u on it though, but still gotta guarantee some profit.

You were already on Washington in 6 and 7 right?

That's a nice price. I parlayed their series at +135 with the rockets at +180 so I'm hoping the wizards can pull it out. I'm pretty confident the rockets will win.

That's a nice price. I parlayed their series at +135 with the rockets at +180 so I'm hoping the wizards can pull it out. I'm pretty confident the rockets will win.

I'm kicking myself for not taking the Rockets at +odds. I may take Rockets in 6 at +300 with the assumption that Kawhi can stop Harden enough for one more home win.

Also already put down 1.33u on what should be my only MLB play for tomorrow:
SFG/CIN o9 -115. Really overdoing the overs for Great American Ballpark, and didn't check the weather AGAIN, but feel good about it. Simplistic reasoning, both teams are hitting a decent margin above .300 against the opposing pitcher and that's dangerous in Cincinnati. Love Bronson Arroyo but he's been having his struggles and I expect them to continue. And Matt Cain should get hit around a bit too

Yeah I'll be all over it for sure, possibly even after game 4 depending how the odds are. Only have .33u on it though, but still gotta guarantee some profit.

You were already on Washington in 6 and 7 right?
Yes I am but don't feel great about it. I hope Wizards tie this up next game but I have a sneaky suspicion they're gonna lose it

Whoever wins a road game wins the series
This sounds funny I don't know why.

I feel like if wizards take game 4 they'll take game 5 at Boston.

Respect to them coming back after blowing that 2nd game.

So obviously my big Wizards ML bet hit today. I was going back and forth about rolling the winnings over onto the Rockets tomorrow (basically making it a 2 team ML parlay). I finally came to the conclusion that i will indeed do this. Tony Parker's injury is going to be much more significant than most believe. It's going to kill their depth and their offense wont be as smooth as it normally is. It'll take at least a game to get adjusted to life without Tony Parker. Houston, who stole home court, will be up big for game 3. Don't be surprised if this game is a blow out. Only reason that I'm not taking the spread is because Pop is that good and I cant count on him not making the necessary adjustments to at least keep the game close.

Rockets ML (-190) for 6.8u

Never seen anyone tip rugby league here but Australia -6.5 vs NZ in an hour seems pretty good value.
Australia conceding an average of less than 9 ppg and have won 6 straight since mal maninga took over and NZ only won 2 of their last 7.
Odds are 1.95, I thought handicap would be around -9.5/-10.5, odds for straight up Aus win are around 1.45 and I thought they would be around 1.3ish so slight value there also.
Highly doubt anyone cares haha but if you're an absolute degenerate have at it

Australia 24-0 New Zealand at HT

EDIT: Australia 30-12 New Zealand FT

Nice little winner that was never in any doubt

Last edited:
Already locked in the rockets tonight -190 money line. Kawai is going to be chasing harden around all night and will also be counted on to handle the scoring load. The parker injury is a big one as he was averaging 15 points per game and controlled the pace of the game. Game 2 was a result of a desperate spurs team who couldn't afford to go down 0-2 losing both games at home. Harden will bounce back from a bad game and I expect the rockets to win this one by 8-10 points.

Yes I am but don't feel great about it. I hope Wizards tie this up next game but I have a sneaky suspicion they're gonna lose it

Wizards have been a great home team. If they can continue to exploit Thomas on defense and the role players step it up like they usually do at home this series will be tied up. While the bench kills them at times the wizards are the better team and I think they can win this series in 6.

Already locked in the rockets tonight -190 money line. Kawai is going to be chasing harden around all night and will also be counted on to handle the scoring load. The parker injury is a big one as he was averaging 15 points per game and controlled the pace of the game. Game 2 was a result of a desperate spurs team who couldn't afford to go down 0-2 losing both games at home. Harden will bounce back from a bad game and I expect the rockets to win this one by 8-10 points.

Gonna tail this, don't follow bball but been profitable for me blindly tailing picks in this forum :p

Back