Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - July, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is tempting you with the reds? Value?
Yeah.. don't get me wrong, I think this game can turn out to be an ass whoopin' if Castillo walks a lot of batters but why not at +160. IMO Hoffman is not a pitcher you can back at that price. I prob should have taken the first five line instead but it wasn't available to bet last night and I wanted to be on the right side of overnight line movement. I think I might choose to free roll if the Reds take an early lead (they have a poor bullpen) and if Castillo looks erratic

In a nutshell, I think the Rockies should be closer to like -130

edit: also doesn't hurt my cause that the Rockies are on a long losing streak

Degen Bet:

Brewers first five innings (-116) risk: 0.5u

20 bucks against fade Miley first 5

Degen Bet:

Brewers first five innings (-116) risk: 0.5u
Lol def degen play here. I went run line because I'm greedy

Brewers out here hacking at Miley's first pitch balls

They must not understand Miley has a problem with location and pitch counts

Just don't swing. He will probably walk you

They're all ready hitting him hard. Ball doesn't have much movement

-0.5 at +110 or something for first five?
It was +115 but the clowns dropped it down to 100 since I was betting a massive 20 bucks. I was going to go back to ml but I bet it out of spite.

You won't discourage my degen bet 5dimes, nice try
1-0 brewers. Miley off to another fantastic start with 1 out and runners on corners

Rough being an os fans and having to constantly fade your pitchers

Miley with another fantastic inning. That's how you set the tone of a game right there. Take note, Chris sale

Miley has the brewers right where he wants them

It was +115 but the clowns dropped it down to 100 since I was betting a massive 20 bucks. I was going to go back to ml but I bet it out of spite.

You won't discourage my degen bet 5dimes, nice try
1-0 brewers. Miley off to another fantastic start with 1 out and runners on corners

Rough being an os fans and having to constantly fade your pitchers
4 runs in the bottom of the 1st. I love being degen when it works to your favor. Not counting it as a win just yet, but Brewers off to a perfect start

LOL -0.5 for first five was the way to go apparently.

Adding a small play

Phillies (-116) risk: 0.5u

Adding a small play

Phillies (-116) risk: 0.5u
I also liked the phillies after research but didn't have much to bet them with.

If this nats bullpen lets a run score I'm going to be pissed. Their bullpen is a mess. This dude is throwing 3-2 changeups. Just put "pussy" on the back of your jersey already

Blue jays forgot how to score

Hoffman is driving in runs? Cmon reds.

Last edited:
Wow 0-2 count, 2outs in 9th and you give up a two run homer. You've got to be kidding me. Fastball right down the middle. You bums

Added a bet on Mariners -1.5. Half a unit

There are some juiced up aces tomorrow. Kluber at -305

Kershaw at -285

Might consider a small play on backs

Fulmer at -205. Also considering giants

Possibly Boston. Darvish has been shakey but then again so has price

Looking at Miami as well

Maybe parlay kluber run line with kershaw

Last edited:
Good start to the day, awful ending. I wont make excuses, all the afternoon bets were bad. I might take tomorrow off, nothing seems worthy of betting but i've only really looked through half of the games

Wawrinka, Haas, Karlovic, Kyrgios, etc all knocked out in round 1.

-

Some good matches on today:

Youzhny vs Mahut - taking Youzhny here, he recently beat Sugita and Karlovic. Mahut hasn't done shit recently, he just shows up to lose.

Zverev vs Tomic - Tomic kicked Zverev ass just the other day. Not sure what happened there, need to watch it. Might be worth backing Tomic but I suspect Zverev just had a bad day.

Harrison vs Coric - leaning Ryan here but there's risk. I'm no fan of Coric and I usually pick against him but it's hard to judge where his grass game is at.

Thiem vs PospisilI - I might put something small on Pospisill here, or at least to take a set, etc. Thiem recently lost to rank 184 Ramanathan Ramkumar on grass, 6-3 6-2. Not to sure what happened there, haven't watched it yet. Pospisill on the other hand has been playing well.

Wawrinka, Haas, Karlovic, Kyrgios, etc all knocked out in round 1.

-

Some good matches on today:

Youzhny vs Mahut - taking Youzhny here, he recently beat Sugita and Karlovic. Mahut hasn't done shit recently, he just shows up to lose.

Zverev vs Tomic - Tomic kicked Zverev ass just the other day. Not sure what happened there, need to watch it. Might be worth backing Tomic but I suspect Zverev just had a bad day.

Harrison vs Coric - leaning Ryan here but there's risk. I'm no fan of Coric and I usually pick against him but it's hard to judge where his grass game is at.

Thiem vs PospisilI - I might put something small on Pospisill here, or at least to take a set, etc. Thiem recently lost to rank 184 Ramanathan Ramkumar on grass, 6-3 6-2. Not to sure what happened there, haven't watched it yet. Pospisill on the other hand has been playing well.

M.zverev at even $ was gonna be my 3rd play today till i realized they just played on grass, super surprised he lost the way he did, but i didn't watch it. but if i'm gonna look at past results (and recent ones at that), i gotta make this a pass. otherwise why even check into them, right?

and yep, thiem might be worn out from all that clay, honestly... i can see a shot at popsicle man

my first two bets of wimbledon are:
1.15u ferrer +2.5 sets -115 -- i mean the dude is 9-3 head to head overall against gasquet, c'mon! i'm aware he's lost a step but giving me near evens for him to edge a single frame? i'm in

1.05u chardy-berdych O37.0 -105. i expect a tiebreak or two here. if chardy can pull a set out it should for sure hit 37. if somehow he does and it's U37 i'll kick myself for not just doing chardy +2.5 -133, but i'd rather keep that 28 cents on the dollar for that risk (cause he ain't 3-0ing berdych, haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back