Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - July, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyclax22

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Didn't pull the trigger on any Wimby futures yet but have a few losers to kick Monday off.

Shapovalov (+105) .952 to win 1u
Gojowczyk (-105) + Thompson (-140) .425 to win 1u.

Guaranteed winning day but let's get one more run in this Houston/New York for an even better day!

Hit on Boston ml
Yanks astros over
Dodgers over 4.5
Dodgers run line

Up almost 4 units for the day. Needed that.

Nats for a unit tomorrow.

Probably dodgers over and maybe dodgers run line

Last edited:
Well I'm doing good now on the tennis. Only lost 1 bet tonight out of 5 or 6 parlays. Just have to scrutinize every fucking pick and it helps to make a list.

There's some strong grass players emerging from the crud:

Good:
Nicolas Jerry
Konstantin Kravchuk
Yuichi Sugita
David Ferrer
Richard Gasque
Thomas Fabbiano
Mischa Zverev
Daniil Medvedev
Donald Young

Bad:
Steve Johnson (can fall apart easily and quits)
Sam Groth (great player but losing to guys he shouldn't be, avoid for now)
Quentin Halys (great on clay, crap on grass)
Martin Klizan (piece of shit, bet against or no bet)

...And again the weather strikes.

Results since I posted this^:

Jarry defeats Novikov

Sugita defeats Altmaier
Sugita defeats Baghdatis
Sugita defeats Mannarino

Gasquet defeats Anderson
Gasquet defeats Isner

Monfils defeats Gasquet

Johnson defeats Fabbiano

Tomic defeats Zverev

Medvedev defeats Haase
Medvedev defeats Johnson

Djokovic defeats Medvedev

Young defeats Donaldson
Djokovic defeats Young

Very happy with these results.

Summary: Sugita won his final. It took Djokovic to defeat beast Medvedev. Young played well but could not top Djokovic. Gasquet took out 2 top guys before losing a match that he probably should have won. Zverev played like shit on the day. Fabbiano lost as +2.00 dog lost by 2 games to Johnson in a 3 set match.

If Johnson can be a little less temperamental I will take him off my bad list. Hah

-

And now we have Wimbledon.

{<buffer}

Another shit day ended with 4u lost on Pacquiao being robbed by Jeff Horn. Of course Dbacks hit because I didn't play it. Nationals blew every opportunity under the sun.

@JDB do you post your picks?

I honestly never have a clue what you're posting.

Another shit day ended with 4u lost on Pacquiao being robbed by Jeff Horn. Of course Dbacks hit because I didn't play it. Nationals blew every opportunity under the sun.

I put 25bucks on pac dec line. Somehow I knew not to bet an amount that would puss me off if I lost. That dec was garbAge btw. But that's boxing for ya, and boxing in Australia no less. No way he wins that fight in Vegas.

I wanted to hit horn when he was at +500 to hedge but thought the odds would get better

Added dodgers over 4.5 today.

SF Giants (-144) risk: 3u

Adding:
Cubs -1.5 (+105) risk: 0.75u
Astros/Yankees o8.5 (-105) risk: 0.5u

@JDB do you post your picks?

I honestly never have a clue what you're posting.

That is a current list of top grass players.

You can interpret it as a list of picks if you like, but I posted it for the sake of discussion, as this is a discussion thread.

Last edited:
I put 25bucks on pac dec line. Somehow I knew not to bet an amount that would puss me off if I lost. That dec was garbAge btw. But that's boxing for ya, and boxing in Australia no less. No way he wins that fight in Vegas.

I wanted to hit horn when he was at +500 to hedge but thought the odds would get better

Added dodgers over 4.5 today.
I bet the same amount as you and doubted it and also knew I should have hedged Horn small. So angry at not trusting my gut which seems to be my biggest Achilles heel in this betting game.

Red Sox 1.5u even
Astros Yankees 1u over 8.5

Red Sox 1.5u even
Astros Yankees 1u over 8.5
Got the sawx at +108 but small. Just a degen bet to have action in the early afternoon

Looking to add dodgers run line but Most of my bankroll is tied up in Mayweather and the upcoming UFC weekend. Investing my winnings in Mayweather itd, Mayweather ko. Gotta get my bankroll up this week to livebet schevchenko at dog odds.

I can't stand when the team you bet on just carelessly swings at almost every pitch...

I can't stand when the team you bet on just carelessly swings at almost every pitch...

Betting low level teams like the giants is like betting low level wmma. I really try to stay away from betting bums.

I looked at that game today and on paper the giants should win but the giants can't score runs. They burned me enough this year. They're on my list

Hopefully those bums come back for you

Last edited:
Betting low level teams like the giants is like betting low level wmma. I really try to stay away from betting bums.

I looked at that game today and on paper the giants should win but the giants can't score runs. They burned me enough this year. They're on my list
There's really no reason that the Giants should be this bad. There's gonna be value on them for the rest of the year because there is the notion that they're a "low level team". It's just unlucky. Look at yesterday, they walked 11 batters or something and managed to find a way to win

There's really no reason that the Giants should be this bad. There's gonna be value on them for the rest of the year because there is the notion that they're a "low level team". It's just unlucky. Look at yesterday, they walked 11 batters or something and managed to find a way to win
They shouldn't be, but they are. They find ways to lose. I figured they'd come around but are still very inconsistent

They shouldn't be, but they are. They find ways to lose. I figured they'd come around but are still very inconsistent
It'll normalize. A lot of their batters are hitting #s WAY lower than their career averages. There's no reason for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back